Thursday 2 March 2023

REVISITING KUNDALINI

Kundalini is not something that we can manage by ourselves as a friend and devotee told me. We need a guru in the physical form or the Siddhas to monitor its movement in us so that it does no harm. I had no inkling that it had arisen in me as early as 2007 after putting into practice the Vaasi and Asana practices given by Tavayogi earlier that year. As such, I had nothing to tell my guru Tavayogi about it during his subsequent visits in 2008 and 2010. Agathiyar casually mentioned that they were amazed to see it rise in me in my Nadi reading later on 13.10.2007.

உண்டாகும் குண்டலினி சக்தி உனக்கு உயர்வதைக் கண்டு நாங்கள் வியந்தோம் அப்பா. 

I did not give thought to it nor did I investigate further or researched it then. I was fit as a fiddle going about my career and family affairs without the least worry or fear. 

On 9.8.2010 Agathiyar revealed  that the heat from the tapas or Gnana Kanal had risen.

உண்டான ஞான கனல் மிகுந்த காலம் உயர்வான காலம் இது இந்தக் காலம். 

It was later in 2010 that an excruciating pain struck my lower back and crippled me momentarily while in the shower. After the doctors gave me a clean bill of health I consulted the Nadi on 26.11. 2011. Agathiyar revealed that the Muladhara chakra had gained intense heat hence shutting my systems down. To add to it my three dosas were off balance or rather not in the ratio that sustains good health. 

உற்றதொரு மூலாதார சக்கரமும் உயர் விதமாய் உட்டனங்கள் அடைந்ததனாலே உரைக்க வரும் சோர்வும் தேகம் தன்னில். உரைக்கலாம் முக்கூற்று திருப்பும் இப்போ முறையாகச் சம நிலையில் இல்லாதிருக்க சோதனைகள் வந்து நிற்க்கும் அச்சம் மிதந்து. 

By the time I left for Kallar Ashram to meet Tavayogi with my family in 2013, the pain had left my mind and body and so the subject was not brought up to him. 

On 28. 8. 2015 Agathiyar mentioned further changes that have taken place within me though it was all news to me. He said that his Jothi has expanded in me and the Suzhimunai had opened. 

தேகத்தில் மாற்றங்கள் பெற்று இருக்காய். அகத்துக்குள் அகத்தின் ஜோதி பெருகி தேகத்தில் பல மாற்றம் பல சக்தி கிட்டி முனை திரண்டு இருப்பாயே. 

When Tavayogi was here for my daughter's wedding in June of 2016 I had the pain come back but rather mild. Mentioning the pain to him he gave me a herbal pill that he takes too. As the pain went away unnoticed and as I was fit to travel to India and his ashram later that year it did necessitate bringing it up to him. 

The pain came back in the same intensity as originally when a sneeze came over me as I was crossing a street. On 7.10.2018 Agathiyar in the Nadi says that my breath was dislodged and blocked. It happened in my sleep, he said. 

உனக்குத்தான் நித்திரை தவ வாசி காலம் வாசியும் சீர் பிசகி முடங்கித் தான் இருக்கு. 

As Tavayogi had passed on earlier that year, he came through me to greet and address his friend and Nadi reader who was visiting me as he had heard that I was in pain. The energy with which he came aggravated my existing pain. As it was extremely intense Lord Muruga came immediately through a Nadi reading read by his friend and through another devotee to heal me. 

Lord Murugan said that age had caught up with me. My spine and hips were tensed. The inner gel at these joints had dried up. This was the reason for the acute pain I was having. With some treatment done earlier, a quarter of the issue was overcome. He told me why I had to go through the suffering. It was to have me sit in one place and do tapas. But neither he nor Agathiyar abandoned me.

நின் தேகம் தளருது அப்பா. இந்தக் காலம் உன்னுடைய முதுகு எலும்பும் இடுப்பும் சேரும் எலும்பு சந்திப்பெல்லாம் தானே ஒருவித இறுக்கமாய் இருக்குது அப்பா. அங்கே இருந்திட்ட தைலம் அது உலர்ந்து போனது அப்பா. இதுதான் உண்மை. ஆச்சப்பா மின்னல் போன்று வலி தோன்றும் அங்கே. அப்போது தான் துடிதுடித்து நிற்பாய் அப்பா. உனக்கு மருத்துவம் சில செய்ததாலே மாற்றங்கள் கால் பங்கு குணமாகக் கண்டேன். சாற்றனல் இது எதற்கென்று கேள். அகத்தில் நீ அமர்ந்து தவம் தியானம் செய்யச் செப்புகிறேன். அலைச்சலை தவிர்த்துக் கொள்ளு. சில காலம் பனி வேண்டும் என்ன செய்ய. அதற்குத்தான் வர்மா தைலம் வாங்கி அப்பா உன் முதுகு எலும்பில் தடவி தானே வெந்நீரில் ஒத்தடம் தருவாய். சிறப்பாக நரம்புதனை எலும்பு தனை வலுவாகும் லேகியம் இதுவே. இது உன் மேனி திடம் ஆக்குதற்கு சொல்லும் வாக்கு. திறம்படவே நீ நடமாட வேண்டும் அப்பா. தீர்க்கமாய் அதற்குத் தான் நூல் உரைக்க வந்தேன். வந்ததும் சுப்ரமணியன் கட்டளையாக. 

This was about the time Agathiyar had me stop all external activities and go within. We brought an end to the puja held at my home Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia (AVM) and the charity programs we carried out under our charity arm Amudha Surabhi (AS). Besides the puja and charity that brought on the grace of the Siddhas and rid our karma, these had a hidden hand in raising the Kundalini further I guess for when Ram Dass asked his guru to raise his kundalini, he told him, "feed people." 

On 5.9. 2019 Agathiyar came to reveal the reason I fell and lay in front of my bathroom door, crawling or slithering in pain like a snake. But it was blissful at the same time. Agathiyar said the Kundalini had arisen and had churned up the heat and fire within. He described the slithering as a sign of Kundalini moving. He too acknowledge that it was the bliss of bliss. If he mentioned further that the third eye and the crown had opened, and I was partaking the ambrosia within, it was indeed news to me. I was baffled as I knew nothing and there were no signs of it. 

மும்மலங்கள் அற்றதொரு தேகம் என்பதாலே, முக்கணும் முறை திறந்து உட்சியும் திறந்து, குண்டலினி உயர்ந்து தான் கனல் எழும்பி, அமிர்தத்தை இடை விடாது உண்டு கொண்டு இருக்கிறாய். குண்டலினி சக்தி எல்லாம் எழும்புவது எல்லாம் குவளையத்தில் பாம்பின் போன்று நெளிய நேரும். ஆனால் ஆனந்தம் ஆனந்தம் அதுதான் என்போம்.

On 30.1. 2020 Agathiyar surprised me by asking me to restart the Vaasi practice learned from Tavayogi that he had asked to discontinue at the peak of my back pain in 2010. 

"Currently, your breath is at the Svadhishthana. It is about time it opened up. This is the right time to start this practice. Sit before me and meditate. During this moment carry out the cleansing breath as taught by your guru. Just the important ones. You shall sense a coolness within. Remain silent in these moments. Focus on your breath. Your breath shall touch the Suzhimunai and swirl. Travel along your seven chakras. That journey shall awaken your chakras. After traversing these chakras when it touches the seventh you shall know your purpose here." 

"இத்தருணம் மான் மூச்சு குளத்தில் இருக்கிறது. அவை திறக்கும் தருணம் வந்தது. இப்பொழுதுதான் நீ உமது பயிற்சியினை தொடங்க வேண்டும். இந்நிலையில் அச்சக்கரம் முற்றும் திறந்து விடும். தினமும் காலையில் குளித்து வெறும் வேஷ்டி அணிந்து என் முன் அமர்ந்து தியானம் செய்து வா. தியான முறையின் பொது உமது குரு கூறிய சுவாச சுத்திகரிப்பு பயிற்சியினை செய்து வா. அனைத்தும் வேண்டாம். மூல பயிற்சி மட்டும் போதும். அதை நீ செய்து வர உனக்குள் ஒரு தனி குளிர்ச்சி ஏற்படும். அந்நிலையில் நீ அமைதி கோல். உனது மூச்சில் கவனம் கோல். உமது மூச்சு உமது சுழிமுனை தோட்டு சூழும். உமது ஏழு சக்கரங்களில் பயணம் செய். அப்பயணம் உமது சக்கரங்கள் ஒவ்வொன்றாய் பூர்த்தி செய்யும். மூலாதாரம், ஸ்வாதிஷ்டானம், மணிபூரகம், அனாகதம், விசுத்தி, ஆக்கினையென ஏழாவது சக்கரம் தொடும் நிலையில் நீ உனது பிறவிக்கான பலனை அறிவாய்."

Ramalinga Adigal came on 14.5.2020 to explain further. "When you reach my state, energy will come within you without your knowledge. That is Suzhimunai."

"எனது நிலையை நீ தொடும்போது உன்னை அறியாது உன்னை நோக்கி ஒரு சக்தி உன்னுள் இறங்கும். அதுவே சுழிமுனை."

A translation of a song from Supramaniar Gnaanam 200 reveals more.

"Receiving the Vel from Valabai in return for her worship, and attaining a body of light akin to the moonlight, the Vel brought on a swirling within which brought me to witness the flowering of the 1008 petals. I remained in samadhi. The music within was heard (as Agathiyar too told me to listen to). The Manam was chained. I melted in the Karumunai or His abode. (If the journey within starts with the swirling of the Suzhimunai it ends in the Karumunai.) I was tied forever to the Peroli or Light that knew no bounds and boundaries."

On 22 August 2022, Agathiyar allayed my fear telling me "You shall witness many changes taking place within you. Do not fear. Due to the activation of the chakras your body shall emit a foul smell. You shall have constipation. You shall urinate often. Take lots of warm water.  The Agathiyar Kuzhambu you took did help in expelling the three dosas. But there is still more filth that shall be expelled in due time. Carry out the said practice." 

"உடலில் பல மாற்றங்கள் கண்டறிவாய். பயம் கொள்ள வேண்டாம். இச்சக்கரங்கள் புணர்ச்சியால் உன் உடலில் ஏற்படும் மாற்றங்கள், துர்நாற்றம் வீசும், மல சிக்கல் ஏற்படும், கழிவு ஆகும், சிறுநீர் அதிகம் வெளியேறும். வெந்நீர் அதிகம் அருந்து. அன்று நீ உண்ட குழம்பினாள் உன் உடலிலிருந்து வாத, பித்த, கபம் சற்றே அகன்றது. இன்னும் இருக்கிறது. அவை அகலும். இப்பயிற்சியினை மேற்கோள்."

Shortly after, upon waking up and stretching myself in bed at 6.40am  I felt a pull of a nerve and a tug right below the navel. It brought on a swirling sensation followed by a chillness. My whole body became numb right to the tips. Soon I felt nauseous and had the urge come on to pee and urine. I collapsed twice on the way to the toilet picking myself up each time. Back from the toilet, all was fine. It was blissful. 

The next day, I woke up at 7.20am, to go to the loo but I could not piss. I fell again. I picked myself up and climbed onto the bed. My body became numb from the shoulders down. I lay like a dead log on my bed. Although I could not move even an inch of my torso I was able to see, hear and talk and was aware of what was happening to me. I asked myself if this was what a dead body would feel like. Soon the experience went away. 

Seeking answers to what had taken place, Agathiyar cleared the air later. He told me not to worry and said that the stagnated water was released. Nevertheless, he gives a warning to all of us. When the chakras are activated late in life it would have some adverse results on our bodies. When the heat of tapas increases in our body, blood flow will be less bringing on numbness. This would result in urinary and excretion problems. 

கவலை கொள்ள ஒன்றுமில்லை. தேங்கி இருந்த நீர் வெளி கொண்டது. ஆனபோதும் முதிர்ந்த நிலையில் சக்கரங்கள் திறப்பதனால் உதிர வாட்டம் கொண்டுள்ளது. ஆகையால் எண்கள் மேரு பெறும். ஆங்கில மருத்துவம் கொண்டு அதனைச் சுத்தம் செய்து கோல். முதிர்ச்சியில் சக்கரங்கள் திறக்கும்போது அவ்வுடல் சில பாதிப்பினை ஏற்றுக்கொள்ளும். ஆகையால் மருத்துவம் உனக்குத் தேவை. உனது உடலில் உஷ்ணம் ஏற ஏற உதிரம் குறையும். உதிரம் குறைந்தால் உடல் மறுத்துப் போகும். உடல் மறுத்துப் போனால் சிறுநீர் கோளாறு கழிவில் கோளாறு. மருத்துவம் கொண்டு அதைச் சீர் படுத்திக் கொள்.

The swirling sensation felt for several weeks in the abdomen just below my navel was regularly felt in the crown of my head but with a lesser intensity. I guess this is what Agathiyar meant when he said I shall feel a magnetic wave arise. A couple of days later, it seemed more like a flowering of petals and was blissful. 

On 19 October 2022 as I lay on my sofa in the living room with my eyes close, my finger that was touching the crown of my head could feel a pulse. This is usually observed in small children. Modern science brushes this off as "feeling a pulse in the fingertip. It refutes that "there is no way that our fingers would be able to detect any blood flow given the condition that between the finger and the scalp and the arteries of our brain is the skull." It was there for some time.

The pain similar to that which I had endured in the years between 2010 and 2012 in my lower back originally over time moved to the groin, at times the left and other times the right, and the testes, and later to the chest and then the left of my neck and the back of my head. It resulted in pain in the left ear too. The pain and discomfort after holding base at those places mentioned would leave after several days on its own accord for the next campsite. Excessive wind would be expelled from the body during these times. It left me completely eventualy. A chillness and swirling that is akin to a flowering goes on irrespective of my daily activities these days. It is more intense each time I bring my attention to it. Following the flowering in the crown that goes on without my participation or action, I asked Agathiyar what I should do further. His reply was to do nothing and that it shall do its work. Since Agathiyar said the energies will do the rest, we have basically become a dynamo.The breath that is akin to the river turns the turbine machine in our case the chakras to produce electricity and energy.  A clear nostril is a highway for these energies to hitch on the breath and make their way swiftly to the depo at the top of the head. The body is now a magnet that is attracting the effulgence from beyond. We understand that while we see lightning appear in the skies and strike things on the ground, there is a small amount of electricity that reaches out to it from the earth. The small amount of electricity meets the larger expanse that is God.  

What can I say of the Siddhas? If Tavayogi in bringing me to the abodes of the Siddhas in the jungles pointed to the skies and told me the Siddhas were showering us with flower petals then, and Agathiyar said the same, in going within the flowering happens in the sky of our torso, the crown. If Agathiyar told me back then that the skies had opened up both in Kallar and AVM during his Jayanthi puja, during the recent Sivarathri he said that the Prapanjam had split opened and was showering its goodness to those who tap it. 

Contrary to the hype that surrounds raising the Kundalini to gain powers or control or Siddhis, I came to understand that it was to lead us to Gnanam or divine wisdom. Agathiyar reveals that "All this while you have gained external knowledge or Ulaga Gnanam. Now you shall gain Gnanam that is going to serve you." Agathiyar reiterates that "When one starts the journey in going within, the result is Gnanam." Just as no one can predict the path the Kundalini takes, Agathiyar too says that of Gnanam that it shall vary among people. "Hence I cannot say exactly what shall take place." 

"ஒருவன் தனக்குள் உள்வாங்கி அவனுள் பயணம் துவங்கும் நேரம் அப்பயணம் தரும் பாதிப்பே ஞானம். அவை ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் மாற்றம் பெரும். ஆகையால் அவை நான் இதுதான் என்று சொல்ல இயலாது. நீ இதுவரையில் கண்ட ஞானம் உலக வாழ்க்கை ஞானம். இனி காணப்போவது உனக்கான ஞானம்."