Agathiyar has prepared me well to depart this world. He has handed over all proceedings to my family henceforth. I have no outstanding debts or appointments to keep. I have no obligations towards others. Except for the basics, I have been freed of material needs. I have my grandchildren to cheer me up; for instance, after bringing them for an ice cream treat and some donuts, they surprised me by singing my birthday song.
Each day I call them up and ask for new stories. Today, the second one, who is 6 years old, lost her very first tooth at school. Similarly, whenever I was around them, I would create ridiculous stories that they would see through my game and begin to question its logic.
This blog too is of stories of myself, my family and friends, and of other devotees and seekers. It is also about the masters and saints. And most importantly, it is about Agathiyar and the Siddhas and my gurus. If many come to the Siddha path to learn Varmam, Siddha medicine (Siddha Maruthuvam), Alchemy and Chemistry (Rasavatham), Astrology and Astronomy (Jyotidam), though the late Dr. Krishnan told me that this would come easily to me and volunteered to teach me, I was not keen to take them up. What I picked up eventually was rituals and Yoga for my own consumption. Then I began writing too. I am happy with these. I have seen the positive results.
For instance, the worship of the Siddhas drew the bridge down for the Siddhas to appear amongst us and later speak to us through devotees.
The ritual of lighting the sacred fire brought with it equally numerous benefits.
The practice of Yoga Asanas and Pranayama brought in extensive Prana that brought on numerous changes within.
All our practices are watched and appraised.
If I had read my very first Nadi in 2002, giving my thumbprint, it was the Aasi Kaandam of Agathiyar that was read after I met Tavayogi in Malaysia in 2005. I was told by the Nadi reader that this Nadi was not located from the thumbprint as in locating the Kaanda Nadi previously, but was a revelation by Agathiyar, to whom he chose to speak.
Throughout the 2nd Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 15.8.2005, I was in tears. He accepted me into his circle and blessed me for a better future. Agathiyar was so kind and generous to me. He pardoned me for my past mistakes, removed the guilt that I had carried all the while, saying it was all his doing. He added that I needed those experiences too. Agathiyar told me that the Agathiyar Gnana Peedham in Batu Caves which Tavayogi came to officiate, was the place for me to learn about the path. I was also told to see Tavayogi that night itself for a teecha or diksha or initiation, although he had given it to me and nine others, including my wife, earlier. When I got Tavayogi’s blessing and teecha from him again that very night, my life took a turn. My life was realigned to come under the tutelage of Tavayogi personally rather than through association with the Peedham.
The reading on tape too was mysteriously ‘erased’ and rewritten, defining a new destiny for me after I followed Agathiyar's instruction. On 18.8.2005, I went back to Ramesh explaining the mysterious event. When the Nadi, my 3rd now, was read to me, there was no mention of the Agathiyar Gnana Peedham in Batu Caves anymore. Besides Kallar and Palani, which were mentioned earlier, the new reading mentioned additional temples and Siddha’s places that I ought to visit, including Tiruvannamalai, Vedharanyam, Pothigai, and Courtalam.
[Beginning with my 4th Nadi Reading, on 19.8.2005, the readings were written out for me as ordained by Agathiyar.]
Agathiyar mentioned the initiation I received from Tavayogi. He revealed the mysterious events that took place at Palani during my first visit in 2003.
In the 5th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 20.12.2005, he spoke about my pilgrimage to India. He mentioned Tavayogi. He asked that I continue praying to the Siddhas. He revealed what took place at Papanasam, Courtalam, and Agasthiyampalli in Vedharanyam. He explained the reason for asking me to come over to India in a hurry.
In the 6th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 9.9.2006, he spoke about Supramania Swami and revealed what took place at Tiruvannamalai. Agathiyar emphasized that Supramania Swami was the catalyst to ignite me and the reason for me to tread this path. He reminded me to hold him in my thoughts. Agathiyar spoke about the prayers that I conducted and the pilgrimage with Tavayogi. Then he went on to explain the reason for introducing Tavayogi. Agathiyar spoke about the prayers back home. He revealed the reason for taking birth. Agathiyar asked that I stay on this path. He asked me to continue the practices. Agathiyar revealed that one can remove his Karma through prayers. He read my thoughts and mentioned them immediately in the Nadi.
In my 7th Nadi Reading by Bhogar on 13.1.2007, he mentioned that Agathiyar had requested him to reveal the Nadi this time around. He spoke about my past Karma. He spoke about the forthcoming First World Conference of Siddha Philosophy to be held in Malaysia. He asked that I participate. He mentioned that I shall meet Tavayogi again. He revealed the reason for taking birth. Bhogar also revealed what had taken place at Pothigai. He reminded me to stay on this path and continue with prayers. He mentioned that Agathiyar had dictated that other Siddhas reveal themselves in the Nadi in the coming weeks.
In my 8th Nadi Reading by Sugabrahmar on 20.1.2007, he mentioned that he was requested to reveal himself in the Nadi by Agathiyar. He mentioned both Tavayogi and Supramania Swami. He requested that I carry out my duties to my gurus.
In my 9th Nadi Reading by Bhirugumunivar on 27.1.2007, he mentioned Saint Raghavendra. He asked that I continue my practice. He mentioned Tavayogi. He mentioned that Siddha Kagabujandar will have a reading for me next.
In my 10th Nadi Reading by Kagabujandar on 3.2.2007, he mentioned that Agathiyar requested a reading from him. He revealed the benefits of prayers.
In my 11th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 10.2.2007, he spoke about Supramania Swami attaining Samadhi at Tiruvannamalai and my obligations towards him. He then mentioned Tavayogi too. He asked that I continue the joint prayers (Kootu Prathanai) and explained its benefits.
In the 12th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 17.2.2007, he asked me to continue prayers. Agathiyar told me that I would begin to write.
[And so Agathiyar officially endorsed the need for me to write.]
In the 13th Nadi Reading by Kagabujandar on 24.2.2007, he asked that I stay on this path.
In the 14th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 4.3.2007, he reminded me of the benefits of prayers. He gave further guidance on meditation. He asked us to stay on this path.
In the 15th Nadi Reading by Bhirugumunivar on 10.3.2007, he guided me on performing prayers and the kind of food to consume. He graciously instructed me on the Arutperunjhoti Mahamantra. He instructed me to continue prayers. He mentioned the benefits of prayers. He shared his conversation with Agathiyar.
In the 16th Nadi Reading by Kagabujandar on 23.4.2007, he asked that I stay on this path and continue to perform prayers. He spoke about the Siddha path. He asked that I continue doing charity.
In the 17th Nadi Reading by Tirumoolar on 8.5.2007, he asked that I continue prayers.
In the 18th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 12.6.2007, he asked that I continue with prayers. He mentioned Tavayogi.
In the 19th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 24.7.2007, he spoke about the reason for taking birth. He spoke about Supramania Swami. He told me Swami would perform miracles in my home. He asked that I chant his name. He mentioned Tavayogi too.
In the 20th Nadi Reading by Tirumoolar on 23.9.2007, he spoke about performing prayers. He said the names of the Siddhas shall be the Maha Mantra henceforth. He instructed me to continue chanting the names of the Siddhas. He mentioned the Tirumanthiram and Agathiyar Nigandu as guides. He asked that I be aware and watchful about creating Karma in all that I do and live accordingly. Tirumoolar confirmed Supramania Swami's presence in the subtle form in my home some time back.
In the 21st Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 13.10.2007, he mentioned that this reading was on the instruction of Lord Murugan. He asked that I continue praying to Lord Murugan and chanting his name. He revealed the auspiciousness of chanting Lord Murugan’s name. Agathiyar revealed that he was in the form of light. Agathiyar introduced worship of the light both externally and internally. He asked that I continue chanting the Mahamantra. He revealed the reason for taking birth.
In the 22nd Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 23.11.2007, he asked me to continue with prayers. Agathiyar asked that I continue charity and service.
In the 23rd Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 27.12.2007, he said that he was revealing this Nadi from Kallar. He mentioned his Jayanthi and Guru Puja at Kallar on this day. He said the donations forwarded to Tavayogi for this celebration have been put to good use. Agathiyar said the gates to heaven shall open on this day. He dictated the start of the Puja at exactly 27 ½ Naaligai after the birth of his star Ahilya in the month of Margali (10.58 hours). This was the actual time of his birth, he said. He blessed all who have gathered at my home for his Puja.
In the 24th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 29.1.2008, he surprised me at the onset when he narrated that I had garlanded him at the Sri Karpaga Vinayagar Temple in Brickfields just moments before I came for this reading. He spoke about the prayers I conducted in conjunction with his Jayanthi and Guru Puja recently. He said he had blessed all those who had gathered for the prayers.
In the 25th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 8.3.2008, he spoke about the Siddha path. He said he would show miracles along the way.
In the 26th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 25.4.2008, he mentioned my meeting Tavayogi. He spoke about the prayers conducted during the Chitra Pornami Festival recently. He mentioned that it was a treasure that Tavayogi had given us by way of teaching us Asanas and Pranayama recently. Agathiyar reiterated again that these practices are a treasure. He spoke about his path. He asked that I continue prayers.
[Watch Tavayogi demonstrate the Yoga techniques to disciples in Malaysia at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTjr12CUqQE&feature=youtu.be]
[Watching Tavayogi do them, we were surprised by the volume of air that he could take in and belt out, compared to our shallow breathing. After some time of practice, I too saw its effects. I realized the increased capacity in me to take in a larger volume of air than usual into my lungs and subsequently take in a larger quantity of prana that came to a heightened state where I sensed as if my body would explode. It was beautiful.]
[Henceforth, the shift began moving away from rituals towards my Yoga practice and its results.]
[I was told to stop the practice when I succumbed to severe backache back in 2011, by Agathiyar. On 9 March 2020, he asked me to resume doing it. It is interesting to note that after 12 years, Agathiyar brings us back to revisit these techniques, asking both me and the others who frequent AVM to put them into practice.]
In the 27th Nadi Reading by Patanjali on 18.5.2008, he too mentioned that prayers (puja), meditation (tavam), and Yoga (Yogam) can overcome Karma. He instructed me to spread the teachings of the Siddhas. He advised on the kind of food to consume. He asked that I stay on this path. He revealed his Yoga. He asked me to continue the Asana and Pranayama practices and prayers too.
In the 28th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 12.7.2008, he asked that I stay on this path and continue with prayers.
In the 29th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 19.8.2008, he spoke about Thavathiru Rengaraja Desiga Swamigal.
In the 30th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 30.9.2008, he asked me to continue prayers. He spoke about Thavathiru Rengaraja Desiga Swamigal. Agathiyar revealed the significance of breath. Agathiyar revealed that both Lord Vinayagar and Gautama Buddha were experts in Pranayama.
In the 31st Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 8.12.2008, he asked me to stay on this path and to continue prayers. After having asked for a temple for him in my very first reading in 2002, Agathiyar brought up the subject again. That was my mission, he said. Agathiyar revealed that he had directed Arumugam to provide the space to house Agathiyar in the Jegathguru Sri Raghavendra Mritiga Brindavanam Kinta that he (Arumugam) was building for Sri Raghavendra Swami in Ipoh.
In the 32nd Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 8.1.2009, he mentioned that since I had the desire to set up a Peedham for him (on the onset of his request in my very first reading in 2002), he set the ball rolling by giving specific instructions on the process and procedure to have his statue made. It had to be in the image of that of Agathiyar at Agasthiyampalli in Vedharanyam. He specified how, where, and when his statue should be made and mentioned the rituals that needed to be done before he goes to the Jegathguru Sri Raghavendra Mrithiga Brindavan Kinta. He also said that he will be at my home before he is moved to Ipoh. He also instructed me to accept donations from devotees towards the cost of making his statue and building his Peedham. He revealed that he shall fulfill the prayers of devotees who seek him out for assistance. All they need to do was to light up a lamp.
In the 33rd Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 27.8.2009, he asked that I spread his teachings. He asked that I stay on his path. Agathiyar asked that I control my temper and to refrain from arguments. He revealed a breathing technique.
In the 34th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 26.12.2009, he assured me that he shall make it to my home in time for his Jayanthi and Guru Puja prayers, and all one has to do is to light a lamp and offer prayers to him. He shall then bless all those gathered. Agathiyar revealed the reason for asking me to carry out the prayers. He revealed procedures for the Jayanthi Puja.
In the 35th Nadi Reading by Agathiyar on 2.1.2010, he revealed the reason he has come to my home in the form of the bronze statue. He revealed the significance of his Jayanthi Puja and asked all present to light a lamp. He assured them that their karma shall be burnt. Agathiyar revealed the benefits of performing prayers.
[This was the day Agathiyar arrived at my home in the form of a bronze statue.]