In the years that Agathiyar began to send many strangers over to my home to listen and hear them out so that I could learn from others' experiences, it was rare to see one who wanted Gnanam and Mukti. Then those who sought this had no idea what it was or what they were asking. No effort was made towards reaching out to it, either. It was assumed that these would be gifted for being an obedient servant. What makes it even worse is thinking it was one's birthright.
Looking at the numerous Nadi readings and astrological predictions that are aired by numerous channels on YouTube, I have yet to come across one where something or anything related to Gnanam and Mukti is spoken about. It always revolves around money, career, relationships, and well-being. What surprises me further is that even Agathiyar and the other Siddhas apparently speak about the nation's economy and future, besides the individuals' monetary aspirations coming to fulfillment. Is this why the Siddhas are here for? Are they only here to point us to riches, fame, and glamour? Isn't this then pulling us back further into the world of Maya? Are they not supposed to bring us out of it? I now understand why Tavayogi told me that I was living in Maya. I now understand why he kept asking us to come to Gnanam from Bakti. Though I did not know what Gnanam was, I asked for it when Agathiyar came around, asked us what we wanted, and, not knowing what to ask, I went for more births to do service to him, which he shot down with a question asking if that was what I wanted. He tells me that Gnanam was not gifted but had to be earned through our efforts. Most recently, pointing out to two sisters who came to the worship of the Siddhas some thirty years back, he told me that it was a waste of years, as they made no effort in working towards that promised dream. Like them, many are told about attaining Gnanam and Mukti in their Nadi in passing. But one has to put in the effort towards it.
I was blessed that in the 60-odd Nadi readings I had, Agathiyar spoke mostly about climbing the spiritual ladder, or rather, shedding the veil of deception, and strengthening the fort that is our Body, or Udal, and enriching the Breath, or Uyir, to eventually meet up with one's Self or Atma that then takes us further into the arms of the Sivam that is awaiting our return. Agathiyar told me to walk with pride so that he too could walk alike and not seek alms. In working on us to become another Siddha, he hands us over to Sivam eventually. Are we willing to quit the talk and work towards it? Are we willing to have them break us? Or do we only want a good life? The choice eventually is ours. The dream is altered according to the choices and efforts made. We then change our fate and make our destiny. It is not the doing of the Siddhas but ours, as Agathiyar explained to the sisters.