Saturday 8 August 2015

BHAGAWAN NITHYANANDA

Today on August 8, 1961 at exactly 10.43 am, Bhagawan Nithyananda left his mortal frame. 

Srinath Raghavan recalls the events prior to him arriving mysteriously at the Samadhi Mandir of Bhagawan for the very first time.
A Reminiscence:
I had given the last paper of the Grade X exams and it had tanked like the previous ones before. I was out of the examination hall, way before the stipulated end time, as I had nothing more to write. Well, actually, more so because, I didn't know what to write. (So painfully blank I was.)
As it was the last paper and the last day of my School life, I had well informed my folks at home, that I would be coming late, as I had to bid farewell to all my friends. Out of the hall quite early, I decided to catch a State transport bus and go where it takes me to and come back in the next bus heading home.
I caught a cranky old bus, fully battered by the hands of time and Man, and after a couple of hours of back breaking journey, I finally landed in a far off sleepy village of Vasai, named Ganeshpuri. That was my very first time and it was to change my entire life thereon.
I still remember, the bus then dropped me right in front of a beautiful temple, which had a small pond nearby, exuding fumes of hot Sulphur. I got down, washed my feet and hands in the pond and went into the Samadhi Mandir of a great Saint, I knew nothing about.
The temple was relatively empty, as it was noon and a working day too, with the Board Exams still going on somewhere else. A huge beautiful golden statue of a smiling Saint welcomed me to come in, as I sat on the carpeted floor, tired from the travel. The temple was a simple and unassuming one, resting within it, the mortal remains of a Saint and Seer by the name of Baba Nithyananda.
I watched at the golden replica of the Saint and without my knowledge, tears began streaming my eyes. Maybe it was due to the guilt and disappointment of not performing at the Exams or it was an overwhelming feeling of something stirring down deep within, unknown to me.
Someone from the temple, came and offered me the holy Prasada of stirred and sweetened semolina, which I gladly partook, as I was hungry and did not have much cash on me, to afford a full meal. I remember getting up and going to the person who offered the prasada, entreating him to give me some more of it. He, apparently the caretaker of the Temple, smiled and gave me another handful, which I consumed immediately in gratitude. He came and sat near me and asked me where do I come from and was this my first time there. I replied in the affirmative and he took a small photo of Baba and gave it to me as a gift.
He said, "From now on, you are His responsibility! He has called you here and He shall take you where ever He deems fit. Your job is to simply follow Him faithfully."
I nodded my head in consent; and from then on, I am following where ever He leads me - Up the hills and down the valleys, without ever questioning his credibility.
Finally I reached home safely (pun intended) and also flunked my Grade X exams royally. But that one spurt of despondent adventure, led me to my Master unknowingly, who still walks with me in blood, bones and spirit.
Today is Master's dis-appearance day! Hence this humble and grateful reminiscence. Thank you. 
A similar episode took place where Yuvaraj mysteriously drove his car into the compound of Jeganatha Swamigal's Samadhi temple in Tapah, Malaysia, one dark, rainy day. 

Yuvaraj who was going through trying times in his career could not think straight. To find a relief and a solution, he spent most of his time at temples.

Once on his way back from his hometown his father asked him to stop over at Jeganathar's temple. With his life in turmoil and fear, and as it was dark and raining heavily, and with whatever little information he got from his father regarding the locality of the temple, he told himself he was sure to miss it. As he groped in the dark he realized he had driven into a premise that looked like a temple. 

Jeganatha Swamigal had called Yuvaraj there, that day!