Tuesday 29 June 2021

THE RELIEF IN KNOWING THAT WE ARE NOT ALONE 2

After something gave way at the spot in the small of my back where I had to endure excruciating pain and brought instant relief and well being I went to work, run errands, shop for items, and sit long at my home puja joyfully. I traveled to Kallar again, my second visit, with my family then in 2013. En route we stopped over at several temples. I took a walk with Tavayogi on his regular morning walk, this time accompanied by my family. It brought back fond memories of our walk together around the ashram and having extended the walk to cover the jungles and caves too of Tamilnadu in 2005. We spend some time at Ooty too going boating. We climbed the small hillock behind Tavayogi's ashram where we paid our homage to Agathiyar in the form of a granite statue. 


We took a ride in the classic means of transport the parisal,  over the river Kaveri, to pray to Lord Shiva, Lord Muruga, and Agathiyar at the Nattadreeswar temple that stood upon a boulder in the middle of the river. Leaving Kallar for Trichy to return to Malaysia, we climbed the flight of stairs to Thayumanavar Temple and Uchipillaiyar Temple build on Rock Fort. I fear to imagine what if the pain had come back then? But Agathiyar saw to it that I completed my eagerly awaited trip to India. 

The years moved fast with the arrival of the team of youngsters at AVM the same year, as we saw puja and charity done regularly. Agathiyar kept me well throughout this time. Beginning from January 2016, I could continue my puja and participate in all the charitable programs laid out by the youths full-time now as I had retired that year. Just days before my daughter's wedding in June 2016, the pain crept back. But it was mild and manageable. I guess I must have moved the furniture, pots, and many other things at my in-law's house in enthusiasm and in preparation for my daughter's big day, way too far and far too much. Mentioning it to Tavayogi and Mataji who were in Malaysia to bless my daughter at her wedding, they passed me a herbal pill that they took too. But the pain lingered. Dhavantri gave us a pleasant surprise when he came through a devotee and relieved my pain by applying his prasatham, the sacred ash, that was brought over by another devotee from His temple precisely at the very same moment. As Bala Chandran and his wife had just returned from India, they came over with the temple prasad from the numerous temples they had visited. When he mentioned he had prasad from Dhanvantri's temple, I told him that I had an urgent need for it and told him about my back pain that had recurred. Bala applied the ash followed by Mahin. Dhanvantri then came and treated me. I was told it was a case of excessive Vata. Dhanvantri asked to warm some sesame oil and apply it to my back. It brought some relief. After some time the pain went away without my knowledge.

Agathiyar made sure that I was well enough to travel to India to participate in the inauguration of Tavayogi's new ashram with the rest of the AVM family members in December of the same year. He made sure I could keep up with the youths traveling to all the temples en route to Kallar ashram. Again we traveled in the parisal crossing the river Kaveri to the Nattadreeswar temple. He made sure I could sit for the duration reciting the songs of praise to the Siddha's at the Yagam that was lit on the ashram grounds. He made sure that I could climb the 2000 steps up Othimalai and pay my homage and respect to Othiappar. When my family kept reminding me that I was no longer young and had to behave according to my age, Agathiyar came in the Nadi reading on 18.11.2017 and threw in a punch line referring to my age and appreciating my vigor to participate with the youngsters in these trips and in doing service. 

பாருலகில் வயோதிகமும் வந்த போதும் வாலிப மாந்தர்கள் தன்னை சிந்தைக்கேற்ப வல்லமையாய் பணி தொண்டு செய்வாய் மகிழ்ந்தோம்.

Then one day the dreaded pain caught me by surprise as I sneezed while crossing the streets to my car after making some purchases. I froze right in the middle of the street in pain. I had to squat down but I was in the middle of the road then. I managed to pull myself to the car and drove back in pain. The most compassionate and loving father, Agathiyar knew my agony and the intensity of the pain and knowing pretty well that I could never withstand pain, mentioned it in the Nadi reading on 7.10.2018. In explaining to me the circumstances as to why it kept recurring, he told me it was a case of the Vasi or the breath that went awry. He gave me five herbal preparations to consume and ointments to apply externally. 

சிறு வழியும் பொறுக்காது தேகம் அப்பா. பிள்ளை உனக்கு வலி வருத்தம் இல்லாது சத்வீக வாகடங்கள் சொன்னோம். உனக்குத் தான் நித்திரை தவ வாசி காலம், வாசியும் சீர் பிசைக்கி முடங்கித் தான், சோர்ந்திடாது நீ திடங்கள் பெறுவதற்கு தீர்க்கமுடன் எங்களின் வாகடன்கள் சொல்வோம் தான். அதர்க்கு வெற்றியும் சடுதி காண்பாய். வாத நல் நாராயணன் சூரணமும் வாத கேசரி தைலமும் பிண்ட தைலம் மேல் அங்கம் பூசியும் வரவே சிறப்பு. தக்கதொரு பெருங்காய இளகமும் தவறாது முடக்கத்தான் இளகமும் ராஜா தான் ஓளடதங்கள் உனக்குச் சொன்னோம்.

I gained some clarification regarding what Agathiyar said from http://www.tknsiddha.com/medicine/vatham-pitham-kapham-tridosha/. Just as we are told what is out there is also within us, there is a distinct relationship with the external world and man.
The external air corresponds to the internal vata; the external heat corresponds to the internal pitta and the external water corresponds to the internal kapha or phlegm. Man is thus linked with the external world and any change in the elementary condition of the external world has its corresponding change in the human organism. And it is upon this inter change of influences that the tridosha theory and the doctrines of humoral pathology are based.
These three humors, vata, pitta, and kapha through their combined actions and the normal ratio of 4:2:1 help maintain the upkeep of the human body.
Any change in these proportions is sure to bring about disease to death, but the maintenance of their normal proportion gives vitality to the organisms and assures the preservation of health and longevity.
According to the Siddha medicine system, the three humors, (Muppini or Mukkuttram in Tamil Siddha medicine system and Tridosha in Ayurveda system) normally occupy the lower, middle and upper parts of the body - vata in the regions of the pelvis, the pitham in the region of the stomach and the internal viscera and kapha or phelgm in the regions of the breath throat and head.
While this reading was recorded and forwarded to me by Nadi Nool Aasan Ramesh Aiya, without the need for my presence in his place, the following day the equally compassionate Lord Muruga brought veteran Nadi Nool reader Taranibalan Aiya over to my home where He addressed us in the Nadi and came to treat me through a devotee simultaneously! It was a marvel and something I think has never happened before in the history of Nadi reading or in the history of God speaking through others as Arul Vaakku. 

8.10.2018
தேகத்திற்கு முதுமை அது வந்துவிட்டாலும் என் சீடர் அகத்தீசர் இங்கு இருக்க அரூபமாய் சொரூபமாய் சித்தர்களும் முத்தர்களும் வந்து அருள் பாலிக்க இந்தத் தேசத்தில் சப்தமின்றி அகத்தியரை பலருக்கு காட்டினாய் அப்பா. உன் தொண்டை மெச்சு கின்றேன். வலுத்த பலரை வசியம்போல் கட்டி நின்றாய். நின் தேகம் தளருது அப்பா. இந்தக் காலம் உன்னுடைய முதுகு எலும்பும் இடுப்பும் சேரும் எலும்பு சந்திப்பெல்லாம் தானே ஒருவித இறுக்கமாய் இருக்குது அப்பா. அங்கே இருந்திட்ட தைலம் அது உலர்ந்து போனது அப்பா. இதுதான் உண்மை. ஆச்சப்பா மின்னல் போன்று வலி தோன்றும் அங்கே. அப்போது தான் துடிதுடித்து நிற்பாய் அப்பா. உனக்கு மருத்துவம் சில செய்ததாலே மாற்றங்கள் கால் பங்கு குணமாகக் கண்டேன். சாற்றனல் இது எதற்கென்று கேள். அகத்தில் நீ அமர்ந்து தவம் தியானம் செய்யச் செப்புகிறேன். அலைச்சலை தவிர்த்துக் கொள்ளு. சில காலம் பனி வேண்டும் என்ன செய்ய. அதற்குத்தான் வர்மா தைலம் வாங்கி அப்பா உன் முதுகு எலும்பில் தடவி தானே வெந்நீரில் ஒத்தடம் தருவாய். சிறப்பாக நரம்புதனை எலும்பு தனை வலுவாகும் லேகியம் இதுவே. இது உன் மேனி திடம் ஆக்குதற்கு சொல்லும் வாக்கு. 

வாக்குப் படி உன்னுடைய இல்லம் தன்னை நாங்களும் எடுத்துக் கொண்டோம். மைந்தனே நீ செய்த தொண்டிற்காக, நீ செய்த புண்ணியத்திற்காக,  நீ அளித்த அன்னத்திற்கு, மைந்தனே அகத்தியரை புசித்தற்காக, ஆகவே நான் வந்து உன் இடத்தில அருள் நூலைச் சொன்னேன் அறிந்து கோல். தெளிவாக்க அகத்தியரும் புறப்பட்டு விட்டார். திறம்படவே நீ நடமாட வேண்டும் அப்பா. தீர்க்கமாய் அதற்குத் தான் நூல் உரைக்க வந்தேன். வந்ததும் சுப்ரமணியன் கட்டளையாக. மேலான அகத்தியர் வனம் தபோவனம் ஆகும். தவம் செய்யும் வனமாகும் அப்பா. ஆறுமுகன் கூறுகின்றேன் உன்னால் எழுந்து நடமாட முடியும். குமரனும் இன்று இரவே அற்புதம் செய்வேன். அதற்க்கு ஒரு குவளை நீர் வேண்டும். சிறப்பாக அருட்ஜோதி மந்திரத்தை யாவரும் சொல்ல வேண்டும். உன் வலியை ஜோதி மந்திரத்தால் நீக்கிவிட்டேன். உணர்வாக உயிராக  மகேந்திரனிடம் வந்து உள்ளேன். வந்து விட்டேன் அவனுடனே இரங்கி விட்டேன். வேலவன் விளையாடப் போகிறேன். 

எங்களின் தபோவனத்தில் அற்புதம் செய்தோம். பெரும் கருணை கொண்டுதான். ஆசி மாற்றங்கள் தருவதர்கே நூல்மூலம் வந்தேன்.

It was sheer amazement to see two age-old mystical traditions, the written word in the oracle or Nadi and the spoken word through a person, come together that evening to address my pain. It was concurrent, with the Lord in the devotee attending to my pain, healing, and bringing relief while the Lord came through the Nadi too and ran us through the process of healing read by the Nadi reader. Lord Muruga decided to end it once and for all, by performing a miracle that day. He treated my causal body that carried the source of the pain by stroking my back with peacock feathers. To add to this amazement, we had the Rajah-Malathy family bring a big "bouquet" of peacock feathers for Agathiyar several days before as if they knew the need for it would arise. All who were gathered that day were asked to chant the Arutperunjhoti mantra where its vibration and waves were "collected" in a glass of water that was given to me to drink. The pain subsided in the days to come. 

I remember vividly how in my young days before my 13th birthday, I used to sought relief for all my illness by going next door and standing in front of the altar of our neighbor that carried all the statues and paintings of Chinese Gods. My neighbor was a huge old man. He would begin chanting verses in Chinese and hit his bare back with the blunt edge of a sword. He would then write certain Chinese characters in red ink onto a yellow strip of rice paper and burn it. The ash would be collected in a glass of water. I was given the water to drink. I would be cured. Similarly, as we moved out of the place I remember many instances where I sat before Muslim masters who would go about the same regime chanting the holy verses into a bottle of water and pass it to us to drink. We would be cured. It is interesting to note that God cuts through the crap telling us that he shall come to people of all faith and religion. To the Gods, we are all one. They only see our souls, not our practice nor our hold on any particular faith. If God was to be partial he was not the all-encompassing God. He is the father to both an atheist and a believer too. If there was only one God then he is father to people of all faiths too.

Now, what is it with water and chants? We learn the answer from https://alessandrayoga.com/2013/03/12/water-vibration-and-consciousness-the-effects-of-mantra-and-visualisation-in-your-sadhana/, 
What has water to do with vibration, consciousness and sound? Resonance is the answer. If we think about sound as vibration, we know from the modern branch of physics (Quantum Physics) that everything vibrates and that solid matter is only an illusion. If we could see at the level of molecules, atoms and particles we would see no boundaries and only continuous movement. 
..... we are mainly constituted of water (from a staggering 99% when we float in our mother’s womb to 70% when we reach adulthood). We all know about the ripple effect of a pebble thrown in a still pond. We can see waves propagating in all directions from the centre to the peryphery. 
How water propagates information is a more subtle phenomenon. Water is informed by vibration. It resonates and therefore re-organizes itself at a structural level to reflect this information. ... water has also the capability to copy, memorize and carry information. Water responds to sound, words, music, pictures and to the state of mind of the people that come in contact with her.

The following day 9.10.2018, Lord Murugan described what took place at my place and in me to another devotee in his Nadi reading. 

அவுடைய அப்பனை ஜானாவுடன் சென்று பார்த்தாய். பாங்காக ஜானாவும் மருத்துவம் செய்தான். அவன் தனக்குமே அன்பர்களை அனுப்பி அவனைக் காத்தோம். செய்தித்தேன் நான் கூட அவனுக்கு. அவன் வலியைப் போக்கியுள்ளேன். அவன் தேகம் வலிமை குன்றியது அப்பா. அதனால் குருதி பங்கு குறைந்தது அப்பா. உடலில் தைல பசை குறைந்தது அப்பா. ஆனதனால் அவன் தேகம் இறுக கண்டேன்.  அதனால் எலும்புகளும் தேய கண்டேன். அதனால் மின்னல் போல் வலி அவனும் கண்டான். அவன் அமர்ந்து எழுந்திரிக்க முடியாது வலி அவனை வேதனை செய்ததது. அவனுக்கு ஒரு மருந்து செப்புகின்றேன். வர்ம தைலம் நரம்பு புஷ்டி லேகியம் இரண்டையும் ஏற்க பூரணமாய் வலி மறையும்.  தைலமும் உள்ளுக்குள் சென்று ஒருவித ஈரத்தை ஆக்கும். எலும்புகளும் தேயாது நிற்கும். 

ஒருமுறை நூல் அங்குச் சென்று அவன் மகிழ நூல் உரைத்தோம். நேற்று மால் மருகன் சுப்ரமணியன் ஜீவ நூலாய் ஜீவனாய் மகிந்திரனிடம் இறங்கி அவன் உடலைச் சார்ந்திருந்தது ஆவுடைய அப்பனுக்கு சிகிச்சை செய்து வந்தேன். நேற்று ஆறுமுகன் பேசினேன் இறங்கினேன் ஒருகணத்தில். நன்றாய் மயில் இறகு கொண்டு சண்முகத்தின் தேகத்தை தடவி அவன் வலியைப் போக்கினேன். 

அவன் ஆக்கையை காக்க வேண்டும். ஓய்வு மிக வேண்டும். அகம் அடக்கித் தியான வழி சிந்தை கொள்ள வேண்டும். 

Lord Muruga took note of Shanga and Dr. Jana coming over to my home to treat me. He describes my agony to Shanga.  Similarly, he had sent others to help bring relief to me. He too had rid my pain. He described my state of health. He tells Shanga that I was overjoyed to have His Nadi bring over to my home. He brings live the previous day's happenings before Shanga's eyes telling him how he came simultaneously through Mahindren and the Nadi. He recommended another ointment and herbal medicine. He prescribes Varma Tailam and Bushti Legiyam. We learn from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myelin a detailed explanation regarding what Lord Muruga said.

De-myelination is the loss of the myelin sheath insulating the nerves. Your brain, peripheral nerves, and spinal cord are covered by a layer of fat that is called myelin. This fat has a role in providing insulation to the nervous system and if you are lacking proper myelin or eroded, you may have to experience some symptoms of nerve dysfunction. They can be mentioned as muscle weakness, diminished vision, and inexplicable chronic pain.

To supply optical nutritional support to your nervous system, you have to ensure an adequate amount of healthy fats, and vitamin D, and vitamin B12. They are all essential to keeping optimal myelin so that strengthen your nervous system health.

He had a piece of advice for me too, to reduce my activities and go within. Srinatha Raghavan's writing on Fb surprisingly had a familiar ring to Lord Muruga's reason in bringing on this agony to slow me down to go within. 

Relax the Body,
Energise the Nerves (Nadis),
Then the Mind too will retire, That's Meditation.

Agathiyar came the following year to shut down all our activities and together with Ramalinga Adigal brought us within by passing us several breathing and meditation techniques. What happened to another senior devotee recently is surprisingly similar to what Lord Muruga did. Agathiyar took the blame when he fell at home and injured his shoulder. Agathiyar wanted him to slow down, leaving all the rituals and to go within too. Who can fathom the Lila of the God's?

They gave me an extension in life not to continue to do the same old things and stuff in life but to do theirs. What did I do to deserve such kindness and compassion from the Gods?

After those years of agony and relief, I would feel some momentary discomfort whenever I jump around with my granddaughter when we burst soap bubbles or play in the rain. My wife and daughters keep a watchful eye not our the child but me, reminding me constantly of my back and telling me when it was enough and when to stop. I just cannot resist the urge to join my granddaughter in jumping around in the rain. Have you seen children spinning around? My first granddaughter used to do that a lot. Now my second does too. Then I discovered that it was one of five yoga moves in the Tibetan Yoga rites. It was said to bring balance and energize the chakras. 


The Sufi dancers in Turkey are known to spin, turn or whirl too. It is considered an active meditation. https://www.euronews.com/travel/2021/05/15/sufi-whirling-meet-the-dancers-who-learn-to-spin-before-they-can-talk

Now, who taught these children these? Watch these children at play without adult supervision and we shall learn a thing or two. Sadly we are pushing our ideas and habits on them rather than giving them space and avenues to explore. Tavayogi said that we should be free to explore telling me that the Siddhas cannot be caged up either physically or through doctrines. 

I guess I have fully recovered since then, thanks to all the great souls who came to my aid and most importantly the Gods who came to my call. As I was practically "crippled" in 2011 and 2018, the divine made sure all these aids and assistance came to me in good time. All these wonderful souls contributed their ever vast knowledge and years of training in bringing relief to me. T.Ramesh Aiya who read my Nadi some fifty-odd times, and looked into the Nadi for a relief for my back pain without the need to go over; Taranibalan Aiya who brought the Nadi to my home on hearing that I was in pain; Sri Krishna and his wife who drove him down in the pouring rain that eventful day; both Masters Arunan and Master Uvaraj, exponents of Varma Kalai and yoga, who rushed to treat me using Varma theraphy and energy healing respectively; Balamurugan, a former regional manager and accountant turned Siddha physician who came over to my home with his ointments and massaged me besides treating me through the art of Varma Kalai; Saravanan Palanisamy who brought me the ointments and herbal preparations, mentioned by Agathiyar in the Nadi and that Siddha physician Arivananthan Aiya of the Arulguru Aghathiyar Arulsiddar Peedam prepared willingly; Shanga, a former trainer at a gym, who came over to guide me on simple exercises that brought much relief; Dr. Janar who came over and gave me an injection right at the spot of the pain that brought instantaneous joy and relief and Mahindren who brought me the divine messages and in whom the divine worked to treat me. 

The Gods too showered their grace, compassion, and kindness on this insignificant soul. Of course, I am indebted to my gurus Supramania Swami and Tavayogi, who keep constant watch over me, my health, and my progress; Agathiyar who consoled and gave me prescriptions in the Nadi; Dhanvantri who came for my sake too; and of course Lord Muruga who came to complete the treatment. What have I done to deserve these blessings? How do I repay their kindness? I am indebted to all these good souls and the divine.

As usual, as there is always a lesson behind every happening.