Monday 20 February 2023

WHEN THE GURUS ARRIVE UNNOTICED

Would you belief that Yogi Ramsuratkumar officiated my 5.1 home theatre system during the recent Sivarathri besides coming over to bless all those gathered to celebrate Lord Siva's day or rather night. Or at least that is what I told myself. I was having family and friends over and showing them my new investment in a home theatre system as the earlier amplifier and system I purchased in 2011 called it a day. I am a music and film buff since my younger days. And so I invited Gowri Arumugam too to come over to listen to our in-house production "Agathiyar Geetham" on this new piece of equipment. As Agathiyar phased out the abhisegam into three phases beginning at 6pm, 9pm, 12am, and the finale at 3am I chose to play some of my favorites then beginning with Sadhu Om's songs. The Yogi had come without us realizing it. We thought a devotee had been immersed in the song. But he pulled me towards him and hugged me. Next, he hugged my wife. That is when he told her that the beggar had come. He asked that we play the song again. He left after he hugged all those present. 

I emailed Sriram Parthasarathy informing him of the Yogi asking to hear his rendition of Sadhu Om's songs again. 

"Vanakam. I am pleased to share that Yogi Ramsuratkumar was so pleased hearing your composition of Sadhu Om's "Unadhu Thiruvarule" that he asks us to play the song again. He came through a devotee during our recent Sivarathri puja."

As I was about to publish this post I saw that he had replied. 

"Namasthe. Thank you for sharing. Happy to know about this. Grace is everywhere. Hari om. SPS."

The Yogi had come to my humble home earlier too. A fellow devotee finding it difficult to establish whether it was her colleague who was speaking or the divine through him, thought she could outsmart the divine. Thinking that the deities of the Hindu pantheon would only speak Tamil, she asked him in English, "Are you okay bro?" to which her friend replied, "Okay!" She had verified that it was indeed her friend. She said that she would use this approach henceforth to establish whether it was him or the divine speaking through him. Some moments later after dressing up Agathiyar's bronze statue, as we all sat to conclude our prayers, the Yogi came and spoke in English through another devotee! She was dumbfounded! The divine saw through her game and played a game on her instead, to our amusement!