Friday 24 December 2021

ARUTPERUNJOTHI 1

Mataji Sarojini Ammaiyar said that when everyone else celebrates the Jayanthi of their respective gurus, Tavayogi decided to celebrate the Jayanthi of Agathiyar. If he had wanted he could have celebrated Chitramuthu Adigal's Jayanthi. But right from the beginning, he had shown us to Agathiyar as the Moolam or source and stood backstage. Yesterday many temples associated with Agathiyar conducted his Guru Puja including Kallar Ashram. We at AVM too, like others who followed suit, had carried the puja to coincide with the timing at Kallar for many years after Tavayogi initiated me to do so until Agathiyar revealed the exact time of his birth in my Nadi reading. Henceforth we began our puja at this time. Then he came to switch the date for us to coincide with Thaipusam beginning from 2017. 

As I was in my daughter's home, Mahin invited me to go over to AVM and do a puja in conjunction with his Jayanthi. We lit the homam, and did abhisegam to Agathiyar's statue. While Mahin was dressing him up, I for no particular reason picked up Ramalinga Adigal's "Agaval" and begin to recite it knowing pretty well that the 1596 verses would take some 2 hours to recite. I could only recite until verse 305 "நாயினுங் கடையே னீயினு மிழிந்தேன் ஆயினு மருளிய வருட்பெருஞ் ஜோதி", when strong emotions came over me and I began to sob. I struggled to continue further but could not go beyond verse 336. I have been reading the Agaval solo and with my family numerous times but never could comprehend it. It was a mere song but a melodious one to me back then. But yesterday was different for I could feel the words reverb in me having me recall similar experiences. I stopped singing. But to my amazement, Ramalinga Adigal picked up from where I stopped, through another devotee present. But the words were not that from the original "Arutpa" but were coined in real-time. As he took us by surprise, we could only record the later path of his song. Usually, we understand what is said then but fail to recall their words exactly later. 

என்னுள்ளீல் நீ உன்னுள்ளில் நான் அதுவே அருட்பெருஞ்சோதி,
.. போகமும் யோகமும் அருட்பெருஞ்சோதி,
… நீ கடந்து அறிவே நீ அறியும் அருட்பெருஞ்சோதி,
எல்லாம் செய் சித்தம் சிவனடி சேரும் அதுவே அருட்பெருஞ்சோதி,
ஆண்மையும் பெண்மையும் கலந்தன இறுதியில் வெளிப்படும் வெளிச்சமே அருட்பெருஞ்சோதி,
இவை எல்லாம் தாண்டிக் கடந்தபின் காண்பது அதுவே அருட்பெருஞ்சோதி,
இளமையில் நீ செய்யும் யோகங்கள் யாவும் முதுமையில் சேர்ந்திடும் அருட்பெருஞ்சோதி,
ஜோதியுள் ஜோதி அருட்பெருஞ்சோதி,

குளிர்ந்தது ஜோதி.

வெப்பமும் ஜோதி, நீயும் ஜோதி, நானும் ஜோதி, பிரபஞ்சம் முழுதும் ஜோதி, மின்மினி போல் மின்னும் ஜோதி, பரத்தில் இருக்கும் அருட்பெருஞ்சோதி, இப்பரதேசியில் காண்பதும் ஜோதி.

Previously on 14.3.2020 when Ramalinga Adigal came he coined a song for us that I had shared then. It goes as follows,

என் பெருமானே என்னுள் வந்து அருளிய ஜோதி அது...
என் பெருமான் அருளிய ஜோதி அது....
திரை எனும் திரை எனும் என் பெருமான் காட்டிய திரை அது....
என் அருள் அப்பன் அருள் ஜோதி அது...

சீர்ஜோதி அது 
பெருஞ் ஜோதி அது... 
ஏறும் பெரும் ஜோதி அது.
என்னுள் அது ஏறும்போது திரை அது விலகியது...

என்னுள் அது ஏறும் நிலையில் ஜோதி அது ஜோதி அது...
திரை எனும் திரை அது அருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி அது...

He went on to show us the way to bring the effulgence within and keep it burning.

திரை விலக உங்களில் இருக்கும் ஜோதி அதனைச் சுடர்விட செய்யுங்கள். என் அப்பன் அகத்தியன் உங்களுக்குள் வந்து அத்திரையை விலக்கிவிடுவார். அதுவே இப்பாடலின் பொருள். என் அப்பன் அகத்தியன் உங்களுக்குள் இருந்து வழி நடத்தி வருகிறார். அவன் வழியிலே நடந்து வாருங்கள். அத்திரை விலக்குவதற்க்கு அவன் அருள் புரிவான்.

அருட்ஜோதி உங்களை ஆசீர்வதித்தது. அருட்பெருஞ்சோதி ஆண்டவர் உங்களை ஆசீர்வதித்தார். செல்லும் வழி சரி. அகத்தியன் அருட்ஜோதியை நோக்கி அழைத்துச் செல்வான்.

Previously when Tavayogi came he too asked us to chant the Arutperunjothi mantra as he initiated his children.