Thursday 11 July 2019

YOGI RAMSURATKUMAR

Yogi Ramsuratkumar went into Maha Samadhi on 20 February 2001. I did not know him then. I only came to know about him in 2003, two years after his departure from the physical form. I was brought to meet my Guru Supramania Swami by accident. Of course these days we pretty well understand nothing happens accidentally in this world. For those who take charge of their lives, providence steps back and watches. He or she assumes full responsibility for all things said and done. For one who surrenders to him his will, providence takes charge of his life. HE assumes full responsibility for all things said and done.

Heeding Agathiyar's advice that I go to India to carry out certain remedies or atonement for my past doings that had brought on me the wrath of karma, I left for India in 2003, a year after I read the Nadi. As I was to circumambulate the Holy Hill at Tiruvannamalai on a full moon day as requested by Agathiyar, I had some time on my hands. So I asked Deva who chauffeured me around about seeing an astrologer to chart my daughter's horoscope. He told me his uncle was an astrologer at Tiruvannamalai. And so we arrived at the doorsteps of Supramania Swami's cottage home in a village some 8 kilometers away from the town center. Providence had planned that he was to become my guru that day. 

I spent 5 hours with him that day. He spoke about himself and his gurus. He then spoke about why I had come and what I would become. That was the very first time I heard Yogi Ramsuratkumar's name mentioned. The Yogi was one of his gurus.

I came back to Malaysia and learnt more about the Yogi. Many wonderful books written on him showed the greatness of the Yogi who humbly called himself a beggar. All that I read about him brought me to compile a book on him too available at  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hq9IfYyrnn7OwjU11cXcXUxBO4iexw4x/view and another at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zrx_4OZnF7ss8754vh6W6r5afD6P_Sew/view

When one carries no desire or will of his own but surrenders to the will of the divine, he becomes divine. The divine moves in him and moves him too. That was the state of surrender of the Yogi. That was the state of the Yogi too.
"Whenever my Father wants this beggar to talk, this beggar talks, whenever my Father wants this beggar to keep silence, this beggar keeps silence, whenever my Father wants this beggar to laugh, this beggar laughs, whenever my Father wants this beggar to weep, this beggar weeps. Wherever my Father keeps this beggar, whatever my Father does with this beggar, this beggar would just submit to his Father’s will. This beggar knows Father cannot commit any mistake. Whatever He does, He does for the good of the whole cosmos. So, nothing is wrong in this world, nothing is sin in this world. Every thing happens, happens by the will of my Father. So, nothing is wrong in this world. Everything is perfectly alright." - Yogi
The Yogi when he was around in the physical form, called on all to chant his name.
The Yogi always reminded others around him of the significance of his Name. He repeatedly says, ”This name Yogi Ramsuratkumar is not this beggar’s name. It is my Father’s Name. My Father has invested in this Name. Whoever remembers this name my Father will come to their rescue. Catch hold of the Divine Name and go on doing your work in the world. That’s enough. Remember this beggar’s Name, Yogi Ramsuratkumar. You need not do any other rituals other than chanting the Name Yogi Ramsuratkumar. The Name Yogi Ramsuratkumar is not this beggar’s Name; it is my Father’s Name. For this beggar’s friends, this Name Yogi Ramsuratkumar is enough. If you remember this Name, you need not worry about your spiritual growth. My Father will take care of you. My Father will see that you will reach my Father safely. For all other people, let them remember any other God’s Name which they like. My Father alone exists. Nobody else. Nothing else. In the past, in the present and in the future, My Father alone exists.” - Yogi
If in 2003 my guru Supramania Swami first spoke about his guru the Yogi to me, on my second visit in 2005, he brought his guru to join me and him in chanting his (the Yogi) name. This was a miracle that materialized and was made possible by the joint act of both the Yogi and his disciple Supramania Swami just for me. I am blessed indeed. I shall cherish that moment all my life. 

If Supramania Swami made his guru rise from his samadhi and join us in the chant, he too materialized himself at my home after his samadhi, following the "footsteps" of his guru, an eventful evening that I have written about at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BNLP9fdJ2OFQzVgSBsvp0x3RAMYeyDFJ/view

Then the Yogi himself chooses to come to ATM. A devotee who was finding it difficult to establish when the divine speaks through another devotee and when the devotee was himself, was trying to establish the personality shifts that took place in her friend who often is used by the divine as a medium. So she thought she could outsmart the divine thinking that the deities of the Hindu pantheon would only speak Tamil, so she asked him in English, "Are you okay bro?" to which her friend replied, "Okay!" She had verified that it was indeed her friend. She said that she would use this approach henceforth to establish and differentiate the divine speaking, from her friend speaking. Some moments later after dressing Father up, when we all sat for prayers, the Yogi came and spoke in English through another devotee! She was dumbfounded! The divine saw through her game and played a game on her instead, to our amusement!

Balakumaran who sat beside the Yogi most of the days too extolls the greatness of the Yogi. He shares a story of a devotee who came to see the Yogi and wanted to rush back to Tirupathi to have the darshan of the Lord there. The Yogi told him all was there and somehow held him back for some time. But after several attempts at seeking permission to leave, the man left with his entourage eventually. Once at Tirupathi he saw the vision of the Yogi in the Lord!

A similar story is told of Guhai Namachivayar of Tiruvannamalai and his student Guru Namachivayar. The Guru who saw that his student had himself attain the status of a guru after Guru Namachiyar explained that he was beating off the fire at Chidambaram temple when questioned why he kept slapping his thigh, told his disciple to leave for Chidambaram immediately. Guru Namachivayar refused to leave for he had a strong attachment to his guru. Upon commanding him to leave, finally, his student relented only after the Guru told him that he will meet him there at Chidambaram. To Guru Namachivayar's surprise as he entered the chamber of Lord Siva there was his Guru giving darshan as Siva himself!