Tuesday 14 May 2019

AGATHIYAR & MY GURUS

Agathiyar in my Nadi reading told me I shall meet my guru. He showed me two gurus in the human form. He showed me Supramania Swami of Tiruvannamalai. Then three years on he shows me to Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal of Kallar Ashram. I had two gurus then. Agathiyar spoke passionately about both gurus in my later Nadi readings. 

Supramania Swami set me on the worship of Lord Shiva giving me a unique mantra of his. He initiated me with his guru Yogi Ramsuratkumar's Nama Japam bringing the saint from his samadhi to join us both in the chant of his name. He sent me off to meet my second guru Tavayogi and upon returning from Kallar enquired about him with concern. When Supramania left his mortal frame and was placed in samadhi, he had passed all his hard-earned merits from the 40 years of tapas or austerities to me. 

Tavayogi showed me Agathiyar and introduced me to the worship of the Siddhas. He showed me to Agathiyar and stepped aside, bringing me to deal with Agathiyar and Erai himself personally and directly without the need for him to intervene or act as a medium. Tavayogi watched us grow from afar and went into samadhi satisfied at having accomplished his task in planting the seed of the Siddhas in all us at AVM.

Erai showed me the guru and the guru in return showed me Erai. I was spared from falling for gurus who portray themselves as Erai. I was spared from false gurus. I was spared from maintaining the lifestyle of the rich and famous gurus. Both my gurus were down to earth and humble in nature, giving an ear and concerned about both our material growth and spiritual growth.

Many others came along to either initiate, teach a thing or two or rope me in into their agenda. With Erai's grace, I had the good sense to see through their schemes and not fall for the game. All these taught me a valuable lesson not to lose our guard and never to greed for things unimaginable. Most of all I had Erai on my side to forewarn me of the dangers that lurked behind the spiritual garment.  

Having sent two wonderful gurus in the physical form, Agathiyar came into my home in the form of a bronze statue and today has taken a place in our hearts too. He dictates and we follow his command. At times we do bargain with him, talk with him, disclose to him our thoughts (although he knows all) and state our opinions and views. He listens. He accepts. We move on.

A guru has failed if he has not groomed, trained and brought his disciples to his state of existence or higher. Similarly, I felt we had failed when a feeding session at a school for several poor children by an associate of mine was not picked up and continued by the parents, teachers or the parent teachers association. They kept depending on him to run the program. After two years of giving lunch for some 52 days in a year to these hungry primary school children, sadly no one came forward to carry on a tradition we had started.

Similarly, the distribution of groceries that we carry out each month would be a failure too if we cannot convince the recipients of these aids to do their fair share of charity either by giving to another a portion or whatever is in excess or sharing these groceries with others who need it more than them. When receiving aid we have a choice of sharing it with another. Sadly we are so used to receiving that we forget to give to another.