Friday 31 May 2019

EXPERIENCE AS A TEACHER

I came to the Siddha path after reading the Nadi. The first time I heard about the Nadi was from astrologer, Siddha Medicine practitioner and friend Dr Krishnan in 1996. I  only managed to have my very first reading in 2002 after a colleague spoke about it and arranged an appointment for me. Agathiyar asked me to worship the Siddhas too besides the other deities. He then introduced me to Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal of Kallar Ashram who was on the Siddha path too. Tavayogi recommended me to a Nadi reader after I told him it was time I saw the Nadi again as requested by Agathiyar. I was groomed by both Tavayogi and Agathiyar. Agathiyar and the other Siddhas guided me through the Nadi further, calling me over to the Nadi readers place if they had something to share. I have had some 56 Nadi readings to date. Along the way, Agathiyar sends many to my home after they too had had a Nadi reading. We began to share our Nadi experiences and were only too eager to recommend to others who came along with problems to have a Nadi reading. Although many benefited from these readings some returned disappointed at not having received what they wanted to hear. 

As my interest in the Nadi increased, I began to look for books, materials, and articles related to it and that could give us an inkling and idea and maybe fathom this great mystery of predicting the past, present and future. The online forums debated the authenticity of the Nadi and many accused the Nadi and the readers as a deception and as frauds respectively.

Then Tavayogi too began to read a Jeeva Nadi at his ashram. When he and Mataji visited us in 2016 we at AVM had an opportunity to read the Nadi too. But as others learnt about the Nadi and word spread, many non-devotees came and stood at the door asking for a reading. Some pushed their way into others time and space, inconsiderate of many who were already in waiting. Some sent their secretaries as a proxy. One asked the Mahamuni to predict the results of a lottery draw! Tavayogi was devastated on hearing this.

We began to realize that people who were not into the worship of the Siddhas only saw the Siddhas as astrologers. They never understood that a Muni was addressing them and revealing their life account. Many who were not satisfied or not ready for the revelation passed it off as a gimmick and scam. Many who realized that they had to spend huge amounts of money and time to carry out the stated remedies to offset their karma, lost faith in the words of the Siddhas.

Soon we decided to stop recommending the Nadi to others. We only point them to a Nadi reader if they were already into the worship of the Siddhas. For those who came with problems these days, we ask that they carry out charity, learn about the Siddhas first and pray and worship them first before embarking on a Nadi reading. This way when they go for a reading they would know and understand the magnificence and strength of the Siddha.

Tavayogi who pointed me to a Nadi reader and after I engaged myself to the worship of the Siddhas for years, told me that I do not need any Nadi reading. He said the same to others at AVM. When the regular Nadi readings of mine at times weekly, began to become sparse and only a couple of readings in a year and then came to a halt, I was asking myself if I had wronged the Mahamuni in my words or actions and if he had refrained and stayed away from providing a reading. Then he calls me up telling me what Tavayogi had told me, "Why do you want a reading my son!" Just as Agathiyar and Tavayogi mentioned Agathiyar clears the air and provides the answers from within, without the need or dependence on the Nadi these days. But Agathiyar addresses the medical issues that my family and I confront immediately when asked for in the Nadi and advises accordingly, even without the need to be present personally. We are indebted and grateful to him.

Tavayogi who saw me wear a Navartna embedded ring on my finger or the nine studded gems told me, "We do not need them." When I told him that I had a Rasamani or solidified mercury ball on me too, he told me, "We do not need them." When someone showed him a Rudraksha seed and asked if he could wear it, Tavayogi gave him the green light with several words of caution in wearing it. After the devotee left, he turned to me and told me, "We do not need them." But one might wonder why he was wearing one around his neck? I did not question further but follow his dictates to the word. I believe the guru has a reason for what he advises his disciple.

We want talisman and magic portions and instant formulas that bring immediate spiritual upliftment without wanting to go through the run of the mill and the tedious and repetitive procedures outlined. We want the Siddha to point his magic wand and bring an immediate relieve or change. But it does not work that way. The Siddha only shows us the way, means and technique. We need to put in the hours and the efforts.

I realise that we have to outgrow and lose our dependency on external means and materials as we progress both in the material world and the spiritual path. Just as the child outgrows his toys that brought him much joy, and that he held on to, screaming his head off and throwing a tantrum if taken away, we too have to let go of our dependency on the Nadi and begin speaking to the Siddhas without a medium. Just as an elder is needed to help a child take its first step in life, we need a guru to show us the path and the means. Soon we should be prepared to walk on our own discovering things anew rather than take the trodden path. Experience builds strength and teaches us to take even greater strides. Let us walk the way of the Siddha carrying Agathiyar in our heart rather than being dependent on external accessories, mediums, tools, messengers and gurus. Let the "Silent One" or Mauna Guru within each of us awake and guide us henceforth, for we are established pretty well on the path of the Siddhas now. This is not Ego speaking but understanding the fact and reality of the journey.