Thursday 15 November 2018

ON KNOWING THE FUTURE

Srīnāthā Rāghavan posted the following some 3 minutes ago on fb.
Many years back my life was on a downward spiral, personally and professionally. That's when someone suggested me to meet an Astrologer, for some Spiritual guidance. As the suggestion came from a reliable source and a well wisher, I agreed to go and meet.

The Astrologer I met was a simple and a highly educated man, a retired Scientist from the prestigious TIFR (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research). He was an old Widower with no children, so He spent most of the time mastering his craft and helping people like me, to get some timely guidance in life.

His home in the suburbs was minimal and "old" with hundreds of books on Astrology among other Subjects, which showed His deep insatiable thirst for Knowledge. I waited for my turn, going through the huge collection of Books, kept here and there, when He called out to me, "What is it you want to know?"
That was pretty much a direct Question, so I replied, "My Future?"
He was quick to answer, "So you know the Present well, I guess?" It was a valid Question and I did not have any answer for it, when He said, "Astrology, as much as it gives you an idea of the Future, it's primarily meant to tell you how to use the Present well."
I listened to His wise words, as He continued, "Our Future is based on the choices made in the Present, so it is very important to gauge and know, all the options available with us in the NOW and which one to choose so the future is pleasant."
Astrology is a Karmic Science!
I asked, "Then isn't our Future predetermined?" To which He replied, "A part of it is fixed, what we call Fate and a part of it is in your hands, what we call Destiny."
"What's the difference?" I asked.
"Fate is like Laws and Destiny akin to Rules, the former is fixed and predetermined and rarely can be broken, but the later can be broken through effort and if not broken, then at least bent as per situation" He said.
"What do I need to do, to know the difference?" I inquired.
He smiled and said, "Know yourself well and everything else will be known as well!"
After reading my birth chart and telling me some points to take note, He said, "Don't rely on the Stars too much, as even they are controlled by a Higher Power & Intelligence. So either believe in the intelligence of THAT (God) or THIS (Yourself). That was the most beautiful and pertinent advise I have ever received, which I still strive to follow sincerely. Use the Map of Divination to steer your way through complexities, but don't make the Map into an excuse for not walking the path, just because it is strewn with rocks and stones. You gotta do what you gotta do, no point in running away from it, because it ain't as you expected it.
The final piece of advice He gave was, "Remember you can't cover the whole path with a Velvet Carpet, but you can very well strive to cover your feet with Velvet Chappals."
Ah! Wisdom is clean, simple and straight, without any undue embellishments.
I knew about the existence of the sciences of prediction namely astrology, palmistry, the use of a captive parrot to pick tarot cards, as I walked down the streets and found many individuals squatting on the pavement dishing out the many promising possibilities that would take place in the lives of others. I used to wonder then if they could predict our future and direction, why did not they use it to come out of the pitiful state they were in and improve their career and living conditions. 

It was only when I decided to learn to draw out astrological charts and horoscopes beginning with mine that I realized the extent of calculations and science involved in drawing out one's astrological chart. Then one has to be very knowledgeable and well versed with correctly determining the resulting effects of the placement and subsequent movement of the planets in these horoscopes. Since then I changed my opinion about this form of prediction, acknowledging it as a great science.  

Although Dr Krishnan, medical astrologer and Siddha practitioner cum teacher, told me that I could make a career out of Astrology and Siddha medicine as my chart and the placement of planets were conducive in learning these sciences, and he was prepared to teach me, somehow I was not keen to follow up on his offer. 

It was the dear Dr who spoke about another means of prediction, the Nadi reading for the first time when I questioned him if predictions he gave would not materialize. Six years later I read the Nadi for the very first time and what the Dr said was confirmed by Agathiyar. Since then I have been called in for a reading 53 times. There were times when news came forth in others Nadi readings too. 

I am blessed to have made the acquaintance of the Siddhas and having had guidance from them till this day. The Siddhas opened up a whole new world that we were not aware of. We look forward to more things revealed.