Friday 22 March 2019

CHERISH THE GIFTS IN LIFE

A child is the greatest gift one could have. Watching the child grow is the most joyous of moments in life. Watching him/her utter the first words almost drives you crazy. Watching him/her take the first step brings you to a frenzied state of extreme joy. Yes, the child brings many moments of joy to the family. 

If in the past we had midwives who delivered the child, today we turn to the hospitals. Sadly we tend to complain about inconveniences, making a fuss over small discomforts at these hospitals. Watching some of the stories from across the globe brings us to a state of utter shame for complaining so much. 

To be born into a family that has a roof over its head and food on the table is a gift too. Watching the stories of poverty and famine brings us to treasure the grain and appreciate the food we take. My prayer today is to thank the plant and grain for ending up on my dinner table as food and those who toiled to bring it to us.

Having an education in life is a gift too. Many around the world are deprived of this prized gift that can bring a total change to a person, his family, community and his society. Watching the children in many countries deprived of the opportunity to be educated due to poverty and war, and lose the means of bringing the much-awaited change, moves us to make good use of the given opportunity.

Landing a job that pays handsomely is a gift too. Watching the many stories of unemployment all around the globe brings us to be thankful that we shall receive a paycheck at the end of each month.

We are blessed. Be grateful. Thank you to all those in the medical profession. Thank you to all those who put up these buildings to house this equipment and patients. Thank you to all inventors and scientist. Thank you to those who toil the lands and bring us food. Thank you to all those who manufacture food and drinks and clothes that keep us warm. Finally, thank you, Lord for looking over our shoulders constantly.

I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=587&v=KigXe6RIczw I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=553&v=TxbmjDngois I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again. I shall never complain again.