Tuesday 12 March 2019

FROM WALKING WITH ERAI TO CRUISING WITH HIM

When I was called over to my prayer room by my nephew in the heat of one Saturday afternoon back in 2001, I just followed him. When he took a position and asked me to sit facing him, I did as told. When I was given a mantra most mysteriously and asked to repeat  I did as told. I did not question him. He too asked me not to question the source. All I knew was that prior to delivering the mystical mantra from a mysterious source, he went into a different state and I knew for sure that the message wasn't from him.

That day Erai came to me to bring me out of the cold room in which I had shut myself up for 14 years, a directive given by him to me through a dream. He had asked me to keep all my doubts and questions to another date. All the reading and debates with others on religious and spiritual matters brought no conclusive results, only more confusion. He brought all the questioning and debate to a stop.

That eventful Saturday afternoon of 2001 started me back, on a guided journey now, especially if prior to that moment I was searching desperately to know Erai. He made me drop all the learning during that long 14 year period of hibernation, emptying this vessel. That fateful day he came to fill me in with the Vasudeva mantra. The start of my journey to meet my physical guru was indicated by my "nephew" beforehand and I was given a painting of Lord Dhakshanamurthy, the Adhi Guru to aid in the process.

The Adhi Guru paved the way a year later for me to know my Moola Guru through a Nadi reading. Agathiyar spoke and revealed that he was my Moola Guru and that I shall meet my guru in physical form. He invited me to his path. I dwelt on a new search now, to learn about the siddhas. This search brought me to several organizations leaning towards the teachings of the siddhas. I picked up the simple means to worship the siddhas by just chanting their namas or names from Thavathiru Rengaraja Desigar's numerous talks and writings.

I journeyed to India a year later to fulfill Agathiyar's instructions in the nadi and to bring relieve from my past karmas by visiting numerous temples and offering prayers. I made my way to meet personally Thavathiru Rengaraja Desigar, the saint who had spent his entire lifetime in the sole worship of the siddhas, whose teachings served as a guide and a good start to my new journey. On the last leg of my pilgrimage, I was miraculously brought to the home of my very first guru Supramania Swami of Tiruvannamalai on the pretext of charting my daughter's horoscope. Supramania Swami introduced me to his lineage, that included famous names: his own father Jayaram Pillai, Poondi Mahan, Kollimalai Swami, Sadhanantha Swami and off course the "beggar" Yogi Ramsuratkumar. 

Both Supramania Swami and I ventured to build a temple. Both of us had a reason to do it. Swami began the task that came as a divine vision to him, a directive from Lord Muruga. I had a request that came from Agathiyar through my very first nadi reading. But again mysteriously the venture was halted just as we began. All that remains on the grounds today is a kudil of his. 

But that venture saw fulfillment when my second guru who aspired to build a temple/ ashram for Agathiyar came by. We saw through the venture. This ashram complex stands in Kallar today, ushering devotees into the worship of the siddhas and reading of their nadi.

The days of my seeking to know about the religion ended abruptly in 1988. My spiritual journey began just as abruptly through the Vasudeva mantra initiation some 14 years later. My internship to a physical guru began soon after that. Supramania Swami opened up a whole new world of discipleship to a guru. He brought his Guru Yogi Ramsuratkumar from his samadhi to join us in prayer. My guided journey on the siddha path began when Tavayogi came along. 

When Agathiyar asked me to come to the worship of the siddhas, he made sure that I shall receive the necessary guidance along the way. Besides speaking through the regular nadi readings, he sent me three gurus or mummurthy or trimurthy in the physical form to guide me. Agathiyar began me on idol worship, his image at Agasthiyampalli. Tavayogi started me on conducting the ritual of fire sacrifice or Homam. Supramania Swami started me on Nama Japam or chanting of the guru's name continuously. Rengarajar brought us to feed the hungry.

All my gurus asked that we worship the siddhas and showed the way. Both Rengarajar and Tavayogi asked to chant their names that would remove sufferings. They both advocated doing charity that goes a long way in offsetting our past karmas. Carrying the kavadi on my shoulders now, with the practice and merits of worship, prayers and tapas on one side and performing charity on the other, I began to walk towards Lord Muruga. He came along to guide me further. Just as I thought I had fulfilled the request to build a temple through my gurus, Lord Muruga brings up the subject again. Ma comes along to guide us further on the rituals asking to perform them daily.

These gurus ask us to recite and call out the names of the siddhas. போற்றினால் உனது வினை அகலுமப்பா போற்றினால் பூரணமும் கூடப் பேசும் (Potrinaal Unathu Vinai Agalum Appa), they often tell us. We took up their advise as our prayer.

என் உடல் என்னும் பம்பரத்தில்
உயிர் என்னும் கயிற்றைக் கட்டி
வினை என்னும் ஆட்டக்காரன் ஆட்டுவிக்கிறான்
இறைவா எம்பிரானே அகத்தீசா

வினை அறுக்க உன்னையே சரணடைந்தேன்

போற்றினால் உனது வினை அகலுமப்பா 

போற்றினால் பூரணமும் கூடப்பேசும்

என்று சொன்னவனும் நீ தானே
ஆகவே உன்னையே சரணடைந்தேன்

நான் விடுகின்ற மூச்சும் நீயே
என் உடலும் நீயே உயிரும் நீயே
கூட்டுவிப்பவனும் நீயே குலைவிப்பவனும் நீயே
ஆட்டுவிப்பவனும் நீயே பெருமானே

இனி பிறப்பு வேண்டாம் எங்களுக்கு
ஒரு வேளை பிறப்பு இருக்குமானால்
அப்பிறப்பில் உனக்கு தொண்டு செய்யும்
பாக்கியத்தைக் கொடுத்தருள்வாயாக அகத்தீசா

Thirumular blesses me with a reading on 23 September 2007. He speaks about bakthi or devotion and puja or prayers. He states that the Siddhas Naamam or names are the Maha Manthiram and encourages me to continue chanting them. He adds that there is benefits in prayers. He cautions me to tread life carefully least my actions should create more karma. Thirumular also mentions the miracle that took place at our home where Supramania Swami blessed us with his presence in a suksma form or mystical and mysterious way. He states his Thirumanthiram as Guru Nool and Agathiyar Nigandu as Gnana Nool. 


Just as Thirumular told me that Agathiyar's Nigandu shall be the Gnana Nool, Agathiyar patiently explains the benefits of conducting puja in his subsequent Nigandu. Although we are told not to seek the results of our actions, Agathiyar lists out the merits gained by worshiping the siddhas. 

THE BENEFITS OF PRAYER AS TOLD BY AGATHIYAR IN THE NIGANDU NAADI 12.7.2010
nigandu naadiyil irunthu agathiya maamunivar aruliya aasi sutsamam 12.7.2010



பூசையின் பலன்: நிகண்டு நாடியில் இருந்து அகத்திய மா முனிவர் அருளிய ஆசி சுக்கமம் 12.7.2010

உண்மையும் உத்தமமும் நிறைந்த பூசை
நிறைந்த இன்பம் தந்திடுமே மகத்துவப் பூசை
நிதானமானதொரு அற்புத பூசை
அறமுடனே அகிலம் காக்கும் பூசை 

அருளான மாந்தரோடு செய்வாய் நன்றாய்
நன்றன புண்ணியங்கள் காக்கும் பூசை
நற்கதியும் பலர் அடைய செய்யும் பூசை
எண்ணாத சக்தி எல்லாம் தந்திடும் பூசை 

எகாந்த நிலை அடைய வைக்கும் பூசை
வையகத்தின் மாந்தரின் அகத்தின் ஜோதி 
வலமாக்கும் முழுமதி பூசை அப்பா
ஐயத்தை நீக்கிடும் பூசைதானே 

ஆண்டவனை அடைய செய்யும் வழியும் இதுவே
வழி வகுக்கும் சேய்க்கும் மாந்தற்கும் தான்
வளத்திற்கும் அருளுக்கும் பொருளுக்கும்
அழியாத மார்கத்தில் இருந்த வண்ணம் 

அகிலத்தில் நிலை பெற்று வாழ் வழிக்கும் பூசை
பூசையால் புண்ணியங்கள் கிட்டும் பூசை
பூர்வமும் போக்கிடும் பூசை அப்பா
இசையுடனே குடும்பவளம் தந்திடும் பூசை

எவை எல்லாம் வேண்டினும் தந்திடும் பூசை
தந்திடுமே தர்மம் தவ சிந்தை
தரித்திரியம் போக்கும் பூசை யாகும்
அந்தமும் ஆதியும் இல்லா

அகிலமதில் உயர்வு தரும் பூசை அப்பா
அப்பனே ஆண்டவனே உருகும் பூசை
அறிவிழந்தோன் அறிவாளி ஆக்கும் பூசை
ஒப்பில்லா மகத்துவம் கொண்ட பூசை

உயர்வோடு நீ எடுத்து செய்வாய் அப்பா
ஒப்பில்லா மாற்றங்கள் மகத்துவமும்
உயர் நிலை பூசையாலே இருக்குதப்பா

The siddhas too have spoken about the magnanimity of Agathiyar as in the following hymns. The siddhas have a very high regard towards Agathiyar. They look up towards him as Guru Muni. Konganar has this to say about Agathiyar:

தான் என்ற கொடும்பாவம் தீர்க்கும் ஆசான்
தர்மத்தின் வழி சொல்லிக் கருணை வைப்பான்
ஊன் என்ற மந்திரமே உபதேசித்து
உண்மையுடன் சுழி முனையிலே இருக்கும் என்று
கோன் என்று சிவ ரூபம் கண்ணில் காட்டி
கோபமென்ற முனை போக்கி ஆசை போக்கி
தான் என்ற ஆணவங்கள் தன்னைப் போக்கி
நாடுவார் குருநாதன் மோட்சம் தானே

Agathiyar is praised in a traditional hymn as follows:

நெஞ்சார நினைப்பவர்க்கு நிழல் ஆவானை
நீங்காதார் குலம் தழைக்க நிதியாவானைச்
செஞ்சாலி வயற் பொழில் சூழ் தில்லை மூதூர்ச்
சிலம்பொலி போல் பாடுகின்ற சித்தன் தன்னை
வெஞ்சாபமுமில்லை ஒரு வினையுமில்லை
வேலுண்டு துணை வருங்கால் வெற்றி உண்டாம்
அஞ்சாதீர் என்று யுக யுகத்தும் தோன்றும்
அகத்தியனை அருட்குருவை அகத்துள் வைப்பாம்

In the following revelations from the Nadi, published by Thavathiru Rengaraja Desigar, the merits of Agathiyar puja are extolled by the siddhas. Thirumular coins the following hymns about Agathiyar (Source: Thirumula Devan Agatheesarai Pugalnthu Suvadi Moolam Aruliya Arutkavigal - Arul Gnana Aran Sirappu - Agathiyan Arul Moopu by Sri Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam Turaiyur)

காலனையும் கைக்குள்ளே அடக்கிக்கொண்டு
கருணை என்ற கடல் தனிலே ஆட்சி செய்து
ஞாலமதில் ஞானத்தை காத்து நின்று
ஞானிகளை ஆக்கி நின்ற ஞானத்தேவே

தேவே நின் திருவடிகள் மூலன் இப்போ
தெரிவிப்பேன் குருமுனியின் ஆசியோடு
கூறிடுவேன் தலைவா நின் அடியைப் போற்றி
குருமுனியே திருமுனியே அறிந்தவர்க்கு

அறிந்தவர்க்கு அறக்கடலாய் விளங்குவாரே
அருள் என்றல் அகத்தியன் தான் வணங்குவோர்க்கு
குறிப்பறிந்து குறை நீக்கும் குருவே கும்பன்
குந்தகத்தை உடைத்தெறியும் அருளே கும்பன்

கும்பனருள் நிகர் சொல்ல எவருமில்லை
குகனும் சிவன் தனக்கு நிகர் அருளைத் தந்தார்
எம்மறையும் அவர் உரைத்தால் பின்தான் சொல்வோம்
ஏழு என்றால் நாங்கள் எல்லாம் கரத்தைக் கட்டி

கட்டி நின்று கால் பற்றி ஆசி கேட்போம்
கடாட்சமென்றல் அவர் ஈந்தால் உண்டு என்போம்
சட்டிசுட வேண்டுமென்றால் கும்பனைக்கேள்
சாகாவரம் வேண்டுமென்றால் கும்பனைக்கேள்

கும்பனைக்கேள் குடும்பமுடன் ஞானம் சொல்வார்
கோடிலக்கம் வேண்டுமா கும்பனைக்கேள்
எம்மானும் கும்பனே எல்லோர்க்கும் தான்
எங்களுக்கு வாசி தந்த வாசி கும்பன்

கும்பன் தான் ஔடதமும் நவக்கோளும் தான்
கும்பன் தான் குவலயமே வேறு ஏது
கும்பன் என்றால் ஆயிரத்தெட்டு அண்டமெல்லாம்
குறுகி நின்று நடு நடுங்கும் பராக்கிரமங்கள்

பராக்கிரமம் இகபரமும் சொல்வார் கும்பன்
பாடிட்டால் மாற்றம் சொல்ல எவனும் இல்லை
பராக்கிரமும் வாளையைப் போல் அளிப்பார் கும்பன்
பட்டமரம் துளிர்க்குமடா கும்பன் சொன்னால்

கும்பன் சொன்னால் குளவிகூட குதிறையாகும்
குருமுனிக்கு கிரியாவும் கடுகாய் நிற்கும்
கும்பனையே வணங்கியோர்க்கு குறைகளண்டா
குறையில்லா காப்பாக இருப்பார் என்றும்

Pulipaani lists out all the praises of Agathiyar followed by the other Siddhas (Source: Maagaan Pulippaani Sidhar Aasi Kaandam - Gnanigal Suvadi Moolam Aruliya Arul Vaakku by Sri Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam Turaiyur)

ஆசியதும் கூறுகின்ற என் குருநாதா
அடிபணிந்து புலிப்பாணி உரைப்பேனிப்போ

Beginning with Bhogar:

பாசமுடன் அகத்தியனின் அருளை வேண்டி
பகலிரவாய் நாமத்தை செபித்துக் கொண்டு

செபித்து திரிகின்ற மக்கள் நீங்கள்
சிறப்புடன் இப்புவியில் வாழ்வீரப்பா
தப்பில்லா கலியுகத்தில் உயர்ந்து வாழ்வீர்
தவமுனி அகத்தியனை நினைத்துவிட்டால்

நினைத்தாலே ஈரேழு சென்ம பாவம்
நீங்கிடுமே என்றுமே போகர் சொன்னார்

Valluvar:

நினைவுகொண்ட முனிவரெல்லாம் தவமிருந்து
நானிலத்தில் தவம் செய்து அகத்தியம் கண்டார்

அகத்தியத்தை கண்டதொரு முனிவரெல்லாம்
அகிலத்தில் ரிஷிகளாய் வாழ்வார் இன்று
ஜெகத்திலே மாந்தர்கள் அகத்தியத்தை
சிறப்புடன் பூசித்தால் தேவராவார்

தேவராவார் என்றுமே வள்ளுவர் சொன்னார்

Shivavaakiyar:

தெரிந்திட்ட மாந்தர்கள் பூசை செய்து
பலவினைகள் நீங்கியே பல்லாண்டு வாழ்ந்தார்
பாருலகில் பலசிறப்பு அகத்திய நாமம்

அகத்திய நாமமதும் செபித்து நின்றால்
அகிலத்தில் வினையில்லா சேய் பிறக்கும்
புகழுடன் சிவவாக்கியர் கூறி நின்றார்

Avvaiyaar:

பல்லாயிரம் ஆண்டு காலம் வாழ்வதற்கு

வாழ்வதற்கு அகத்திய நாமம் பெருமருந்தாகும்
விளக்கமுடன் கூறினார் ஔவையார் தானும்

Paambaatti Sidhar:

தாழ்வில்லா அகத்தியரை வணங்கி நின்றால்
தரணியிலே மரணமில்லா வாழ்வார் என்று
என்றுமே கூறி நின்றார் பாம்பாட்டி சித்தர்

Pulipaani continues with the lists:

இப்படியே சித்தர்கள் முனிவர்களெல்லாம்
நான்கு யுகங்களாய் அகத்தியர் மகிமை
நல்லதை கூறியே யுகம் போற்ற வாழ்ந்தார்

Machamuni:

போற்றிடவே மும்மூர்த்தி தேவர்களும்
புனிதமுள்ள சித்தர்களும் ரிஷிகளெல்லாம்
குற்றமில்லா கணபதியும் முருகனோடு
கண்டதொரு தேவதைகள் கணங்களோடு

கணங்களுடன் பூதங்கள் நவக்கோள்கள்
குவலயத்தில் காண்பதொரு நிறங்களெல்லாம்
மணம் வீசும் நறுமணங்கள் திசைகள் பத்தும்
முழுமையும் இவ்வுலகம் அகத்தியம் என்று

என்றுமே கூறிட்டார் மச்சமுனி நூலும்

And finally Pulipaani too has something to say:

இவ்வளவு அற்புதங்கள் ஒன்றென்றால் அகத்திய நாமம்
என்றென்றும் நாமத்தை செபித்து விட்டால்
செபித்தோர் முதல் இலட்ச மக்கள் பலனடைவார்

அடைந்திடும் நாமத்தை உலகோர்கெழுதி
அறிய செய்வோர் அகத்தியருக்கும் சேயுமாவார்
எடுத்துரைக்க இதுகாலம் போராதப்பா
இதுக்கொரு விதியுண்டு சித்தர் கேட்க

சித்தர்கட்கு எடுத்துரைப்போம் அறிவீர்கள் நீங்கள்
சிவபெருமான் பார்வதியும் மகிழ்ந்துமிப்போ
ஒதிடவே புலிபாணி ஓடிவந்தேன்
உலகில் நீங்கள் உயர் செல்வ நிதிகளோடு

நிதிகளுடன் அதிர்ஷ்டங்கள் பெற்று வாழ
நிதி தெய்வம் இலக்குமியை வணங்கியாசி
ஒதிடவே உயர் ஞானம் கல்வி காண
உலகிலே சரஸ்வதியை வணங்கி ஆசி

ஆசியதுவுடன் பார்வதியை போற்றுகிறேன்
அருள் பொருள் இன்பமதும் நிறைவு காண
பாசமுடன் தினங்காத்து நல்வழி காட்ட
பரமசிவன் அருள் முனிவர் அகத்தியர் போற்றி

போற்றியே வணங்குகின்றேன் புலிப்பாணியிப்போ
புவிதனிலே அகத்தியத்தை வணங்கிவிட்டால்
நிறைவுபெற்ற மரணமில்லா வாழ்வடைவீர்
நினைத்தவண்ணம் நிதி செல்வம் குன்றா வாழ்வு

வாழ்வதனில் உலகமுள்ள காலம்மட்டும்
வாழ்ந்திடும் உங்கள் குடி செழித்து நன்றாய்
அழகுபட ஆனந்தமாய் வாழ்வீர் என்றும்

He invited me to join his group and called me onto his path. When I showed interest, he added me into his group. He messaged me through his Aasi Kaandam. He kept me well informed of my mission, task and progress. Initially I had been walking behind him, running to catch up with him, eagerly anticipating what was in store for me or where he was leading me. He took me over rough terrain and made me sleep in the cold caves in the midst of dense jungles. He gave me the experience of staying at a traditional ashram too, a hurricane lanttern kept us company at night and the river was the source of water. A city boy had his first taste of life in the wilderness and amidst nature. He showed miracles upon miracles so that I would belief in their existence among us. He made me a tool to dispense his messages. He made me share my experiences. He keeps these writings and blog alive. He kept the fire burning in me. He brought young souls to accompany me on this wonderful journey.

Singing these songs all these years we are slowly beginning to see the truth in these verses. We can relate to them and can attest the truth in it as we have begun to experience it too. We have realized these statements as true. The siddhas are alive and walking amongst us. We just need to look out. When we hail and sing their praises the most compassionate siddhas hail and praise us too. They bless us. They care for our welfare. They remove our sufferings. They help us find ways to reduce out past karmas. They go to the extend of changing our fate and bringing on a new destiny.

Won't you join us too in singing their praises?