Tuesday 20 August 2019

COMING TO UNDERSTAND IDOL WORSHIP 3

As the years passed after the arrival of Agathiyar as a statue, a bond and an attachment to him was fostered both ways. He appreciated the time and effort of ours in worship and we were delighted to receive his grace. It was a very simple means to gain his grace. 

Moving on to 2010 Agathiyar appreciates our move in bringing him over to other homes to conduct Kutu Pratanai or joint puja. He tells us that he will open his eyes and see those who chose to see him. This reminds us of his saying, "We shall believe if it happens says man; belief and it shall happen says the Siddhas."


He says he has come to stay at my home as a result of the worship done all the years.  He tells me to do his work. He was happy to see us garland and worship him as Ganapathy during the Chaturthi puja. He tells us that is the right concept and perception to hold on too. He tells us that he takes any form we wish to see him in. He asks us to pursue worship giving us his mantra. Agathiyar most compassionately tells me he will take on my karma henceforth. Tavayogi too most willingly told me that he would take on my daughter's karma when I referred the remedies mentioned in her Nadi. Tavayogi had on another instance agreed to switch a date that his guru Chitramuthu Adigal had fixed for for a puja at a temple, telling us that he will talk to his Guru, who had gone into samadhi many years back.

Agathiyar tells us that by continuous chanting and recitation of Agathiyar's name, the chant goes on without our effort even during other times when we are engaged with our duties. Continuous japa of the mantra enhances the uru or the spiritual energy in the statue of his too.

Agathiyar explains the reasons for the excruciating back pain I was going through in 2011, linking it to the tavam and dhyana that I was doing, which had resulted in extensive body heat and activation of chakras, asking me to immediately stop all forms of practices except Surya Namaskar and worship. He suggested certain herbs to balance to bring the three dosas namely vatha, kapha and pitta to its natural state. 

The following year he puts me on a regime to conduct puja thrice a day. He asks that I continue taking the herbs. Agathiyar says the saints will come within his statue and receive the puja offered. 

Moving into 2013, Agathiyar asks that I chant his mantra during Sathayam star and on Thursdays. He says the benefits of performing Hatha Yoga are attainable through puja too. He asked me to visit Tavayogi in India. This was the year were he performed a similar miracle as he did in Agasthiyampalli and Papanasam in 2005 - he opened his eyes in his idol! He is overjoyed in me spreading his path through my writings. Agathiyar says they come into my thoughts and move me to write. Agathiyar mentions the benefits in repeating the name of Muruga. He keeps appreciating the little things we do for him over the years. 

In 2015 he endorses my wish to retire early. Off course it was not total retirement. He gave me another job. He asked to continue Thondu and Seva full time. As a token of appreciation for all the years of worship at my home he gave it a name Jnana Kottam. 


Agathiyar says the idols and selected individuals are the means for them to receive and rejoice in the worship and devotion shown by devotees. He asked to attend his Jayanthi and Guru Puja in Kallar in 2016.

The following year the Siddhas carried out a Yaga Puja for Tavayogi so that he could survive his ordeal. Agathiyar says many have benefited through my seva. As we sailed into 2018, Lord Muruga too speaks highly about our puja, and other contributions. He asked me to step aside and let them in. The moment I did that all heaven broke lose. There was a torrent of rain in this case it was the divine coming down to our plane, our home and our body, heart and soul. Lord Muruga runs me through what to expect in the years to come including bringing up the subject of building a temple again. 

Agathiyar comes to enlighten me on the pain that recurred in my back after all these years. He says the breath had gone amok and haywire resulting in a recurrence of the excruciating pain. He suggest several herbs to take and apply in the Nadi. The following day Lord Muruga comes in the Nadi and simultaneously in a devotee and physically heals my back, narrating what he was doing through the Nadi. I believe this miracle has never taken place elsewhere. Its either a Nadi reading or a Arul Vakku by a shaman. Here the Lord came as a shaman and spoke through the Nadi too at the same time. Not stopping at that the next day Lord Muruga gives a recap of what took place the previous day in a Nadi reading for a friend. He suggest further herbs and ointments to strengthen my physique. 

Besides speaking through the Nadi the divine speaks through devotees if there is a need to make a point or to guide us. In the beginning of this year Agathiyar speaks about the temple that will materialize through their grace. He never stops speaking about the need to conduct puja. 

It has been a simply amazing journey. How can we possibly reveal these miracles to non-believers? They will only ridicule these events further. They will debate and contest wanting to verify and investigate them further. Many come to investigate others on the authenticity of their claims, not to believe but with a notion to proof them wrong. To them I would say rather then putting others under your microscope and begin an investigation, why don't you follow the path and gain these experiences for yourself. Why don't you engage in all these rituals, puja and practices and find out for yourself. But bear in mind that the results are not immediately known. You must be prepared to sacrifice your whole life towards this cause. Then you will have a story to tell. Your story and not another's.