Wednesday 8 January 2020

DRAWING ON EXPERIENCES 2

If it looks like I had shuddered and chickened out, stepping back and giving up on the numerous opportunities given to me to serve and give back to society by way of setting up a Peedham, or through the gift of healing others, or through reading the Nadi and guiding others, as mentioned earlier, I would like to state here that I gave up all these offers for him. I only wanted him. I feared that by accepting the gifts I shall be caught in the net of forever serving or carrying out these tasks, missing the very thing we came for - realization. Even if I were to withdraw from my assigned tasks the people would not allow me.

Agathiyar was not angry at me at having refused all his attractive offers. Neither did he coax me into accepting them. He drops the offer and moves on to the next the very moment I make my intention known to him. Refusing all his offers has today brought him to me. He has given him to me. What else can one ask for?

Now I am prepared to carry out his command for he and Lord Muruga tell me that I shall do things differently. I wondered how could one show Lord Muruga in a different light when he asked that I build a temple for him. I was pondering and questioning silently "Isn't the existing temples sufficient? Why do we need another?" when he replied that he was aware of that but I shall show him in a different light. As I did not make the move hence they have not entirely dropped the idea but have only shelved it, for the time being, I guess waiting for the right moment.

Wondering what he meant by "I shall do things differently" brought me to look back at all our doings and analyzing them. Then it all fell into place. We at ATM began to sing a large number of selections of songs in praise to the Gods and Goddesses and the Siddhas in the early years having compiled a compendium of songs running into 400 plus pages. We used to conduct the homam reciting the names of the Siddhas that ran into hundreds. We used to conduct libation or abhisegam for Agathiyar with as many as 16 items. These elaborate rituals undertaken by us and still carried out by many at numerous ashrams/temples/centers have dwindled to mere minutes for us. These days the homam is done only if and when necessary and the libation carried out with water. 

When others still go to print and distribute costly leaflets, pamphlets, and brochures that announced their events and solicit donations thinking as a businessman would, investing a small amount to gain multiple times, they forget that they spend a hefty amount on design and printing costs and go out seeking donations, a part of which is spent to replenish the money spent earlier for print. We prefer to take to the social media and safe costs, diverting the cost of print to the very event without soliciting donations from others. As Agathiyar has told us to walk tall and with pride, we have moved away from the traditional and conventional old school of thought and took to modern-day technology. When some told me to take to print my numerous books I decided that it would cost a fortune to print, distribute and market them. I took to the net and offered them as a pdf file free of charge and of course without incurring any cost on my part.

We have dropped our dependancy on the Nadi for the latest updates as the divine chosed to speak to us directly through other devotees. 

Agathiyar has given me the courage to experiment and modify the means and the ways often endorsing our moves or preferring to remain quiet. 

Agathiyar continues to carry out his Siddhis as he told us it shall go on for some time. We brace ourselves to more interesting and amazing miracles to take place around us. Stay with us.