Wednesday 8 January 2020

DRAWING ON EXPERIENCES 1

Drawn by a love for the Gods and Goddesses of the Hindu pantheon I used to pray and worship at home and in the temples as a child. My family would make a joke out of my innocent act of turning towards my home and lifting my arms in prayer as I departed my home for school each day. It never struck me why I did that till now. Could my home in my hometown than be a temple as Agathiyar tells me my present home too is?

As I grew up, I enrolled in a correspondence course in Christianity, receiving material from the Church based in Singapore that I read, answered and returned. My friends and I read the Thevaram from a Sri Lankan man who taught us at his home. I took up classes conducted at the Buddhist temple next door, listening to the many interesting parables and stories from Buddha's life with awe and wonder.

Taking the bus as early as 5 in the morning to reach the Polytechnic I studied in, which was an hour's drive away, and walking a further half an hour, I used to be accompanied by a gardener of Pakistan origin who kept the college grounds tidy and neat. Enroute he used to share and brought me the marvels of the Islamic age and religion.

Finding ways to kill my boredom in the small coastal town of Lumut in the '80s, I took up to reading spiritual books and frequenting the temples in the locality besides engaging in fierce worship both at dawn and dusk each day. All these came to a stop when Lord Shiva came in a dream and told me to shelf all the doubts and questions I had. I saw that the suffering of the people around me and the written word in the scriptures that God was all-forgiving and compassionate, did not tally in real life. Staying with the Malays I discovered a very cultured race and envied them.

I was very conveniently transferred out of that sleepy town then to the bustling capital city of Kuala Lumpur where I remained cooped up in a tiny room with my Malay colleague. 14 years went by as I moved out of that small apartment and rented a home closer to my new place of work, ushered in my new wife and raised my first child. Blessed to own my own home, we moved into our present home across the city. Yet I stayed away from all worship and reading. With the coming of my other daughter, I began to frequent the temples again at least for their sake.

I was acquainted with the late Dr. Krishnan, consulting him for astrology and Siddha medicine. I was enlightened by the dear Dr. that curses could interfere with one's blessings, preventing them from reaping the fruits of their efforts and resulting in the predictions failing to materialize.

Then my life took a huge leap forward with the coming of Agathiyar into my life through a strange and mysterious initiation, given through my nephew. A year later I was blessed to read my Kaanda Nadi and was told of the reasons why people suffered. I came to know about karma and the extent of curses. I was initiated into the worship of the Siddhas by the Nadi reader Sentilkumar when Agathiyar told me to come to his path. Dr. Krishnan most kindly initiated me through the phone as I sat in prayer at home giving me the mantra of Agathiyar to recite with a Yantra given earlier.

Seeking further information on the Siddhas I visited several popular establishments, existing in the name of Agathiyar. Traveling the path Agathiyar brought me to witness many turmoils in numerous establishments aligned with him and trouble brewing in societies and associations affiliated in his name. I saw from a save distance the problems in these and began to learn to keep my distance and analyze what went wrong. I took it as was a lesson for me so that I do not repeat them although I had no intention to start one. People who started with good intent to serve Agathiyar were distanced and dispersed to join or form other groups. It was a bitter pill to swallow. I saw and observed only to draw back and venture on my own, gathering information from books and the net. Then Agathiyar points me to Tavayogi asking me to get initiated again. With him accepting me into his fold, the earlier Nadi reading in its entire content in which Agathiyar told me to align with a Peedham in Malaysia was erased, saving me from getting attached to a body. These experiences brought me to refuse the gift of starting a Peedham/ashram/temple as offered by Agathiyar and Lord Murugan.

The day I saw Tavayogi at a local center for the first time, someone asks me what my problem was. I did not have any. I came to see and verify if it was indeed Tavayogi's pamphlet that I had kept with me for some three years on, given by Senthilkumar.  The man explained that people came to the path only when in trouble. Today I tend to agree with him too. Many came seeking Supramania Swami and Tavayogi for relief from their illness, disease, sufferings, troubles, worry, and problems including wanting a way to settle their accumulated debts. Many came to them for advice on dealings and business ventures including career and marriage. They accommodated one and all, giving them sound advice after revealing the causes and dishing out the remedies. Supramania Swami would chart their horoscopes and hand out talisman and other remedies. Tavayogi would listen intently and find a moment to inform them the reason for all suffering was Vinai or karma. If they were interested to know further and wanted to know ways and means to escape from the clutches of karma, he would tell them to come to prayer or worship. If they wanted to know who to pray to, he would only then mention, telling them to pray to the Siddhas.

This was what we too began to dissipate to those seeking solace and answers, learning from Tavayogi. But my involvement giving advice on their problems and pointing the way to others lead me into trouble with their family members. When I referred to Tavayogi on what went wrong he asked me why I got myself involved. He asked me to point to Agathiyar instead. This taught me to shut up. I learned my first lesson the hard way. This and other similar experiences brought me to refuse the gift of healing from the Siddhas.

Similarly, many came seeking the Nadi readers and Agathiyar and his Nadi for the same reasons. Some refused to believe what was told instead ridiculed the Nadi. Some failed to carry out what was told and turned a deaf ear. For some, when the results did not show as they had wished for, they took their anger on the Nadi reader, Nadi, and the Siddhas. Many took his word as Gospel, including me and carried out all his asking seeing results. These experiences made me refuse the gift of the Nadi that Agathiyar wanted to present to be used for myself and the benefit of others too.

All that I saw and experienced taught me lessons in life and made me wiser regarding my choices and asking in life. I fear to ask these days for it shall be granted. Then we have to bear the burden and responsibility of it till the last day. I would rather refrain from asking and refuse what is offered too and be at peace with myself.