Wednesday 2 October 2024

LET IT BE

Know that your end is near if you have no appetite to eat. I always wake up with a hunger. The hunger sometimes wakes me up even at odd hours of the morning at 4am or when these hunger pangs come on towards midnight. I can eat and eat. My grandchildren are good eaters too. I love buying food for them. I love buying food for others too. I teach them to appreciate and not waste. Eating is something very religious for me. I eat in silence, as my 3-year-old grandson says one should savor and enjoy everything except when there is company to entertain. I have never fasted in my life though I had to go on fruits and raw vegetables during the day for one month during the Muslim month of fasting, as the Malay settlement or kampung Teluk Muruh or Cape Muruh where I was posted was predominantly Malay, and all shops were closed during the day. The good I gained from this diet was that my eyesight had improved tremendously.  

Exercising is a culture that I have come to adopt. In many families, you hardly see anyone exercising. You see the obese and sick yet it does not move another to take up exercising and stay healthy. We are all slaves to our tongues. There might be many good nutritious foods out there but we ignore them and our eyes or rather tongues look for the tasty but that which eventually is detrimental to health. We know a lot of things but somehow keep making these mistakes knowingly. We forget that our desires and likings will bring trouble later. When the house is near ruins only then do we go looking for help, first from the doctors, then alternative practitioners, Siddha and Ayurveda practitioners, Shamans, and medicine men, Siddhas, Deities, and Gods, even the dead souls and spirits. But by then it might be too late to reverse the condition. Even if these invisible angels and those in human forms were to help us recover, we go back to our old ways and routines forgetting what we had gone through, never learning from these experiences. We are all here to learn from experiences, both the bitter and sweet. It is sometimes pointless to help those who do not help themselves. I guess this is what Lord Muruga in coming recently told me not to get uptight with others who do not follow even after using me as a laboratory animal to show them. He said he would take care of them and asked me to do nothing. Let it be, he told me. I guess I shall let things be. This might be a break for me too.