Sunday 6 October 2024

NO COMMENT

Agathiyar is teaching us what not to be by showing us many things. Religious and spiritual figures are giving us the shivers. It gives us the shivers and fright to even come close to them these days. We see an emergence of self-made gurus like mushrooms after a shower. Going by history we see how innocent folks are manipulated by a few. These few have damaged the purity of the status of gurus. Gurus these days are ambitious. If gurus are meant to shed their hold on things, we see modern-day gurus accumulate more and more. Money like other corrupts, even the gurus. We have seen a number of gurus who have disappointed us with their behavior and speech. It makes you want to stay clear of this field. It makes you want to step out of the field for the game has been tarnished by these few. Those players who seem promising have disappointed us. 
 
Where have the genuine ones gone? Where have the gurus like Tavayogi's guru Chitramuthu Adigal, who Tavayogi says never touched money, gone? I guess this is why Tavayogi says one would be tested for some 12 years before being admitted to their folds. 

I am glad that Agathiyar brought down the house after some six years, at its height of growth. Already there were many suggestions coming in wanting to take AVM to greater heights. Fame and popularity would have corrupted us for we have not the Vairagya or determination or standing to stay aloft of these traps.

One needs maturity to take on the role of a guru. I do not have that. I am glad that Agathiyar decided not to confer on me the role of a guru. How can I take on the role when I carry so many weaknesses in me? I have vices and addictions that I have to shed. I have a temper that I still have to work on. I have dormant Vasanas which are cans of worms that given the opportunity would rear its head. I have to burn this house down and have the Siddhas rebuild it anew. Only then can I safely take on the role. It might take another 1000 births.