Saturday 13 April 2019

SITTING IN SILENCE 2

The benefits of sitting in silence are two-fold. By sitting in silence we allow the cosmic energies to enter us through our causal body, healing it at the level of the causal body that brings tremendous change and healing in the physical body. By sitting in silence the remaining fragments and pieces of karma that we brought along from many past lives, that we worked on to remove in the present birth through several external means and ways guided by the gurus, finally is wiped clean during the inner process of inner cleansing by just sitting in silence. I came to know of this magnificent means to liberation through the writings of Ruzbeh Bharucha.

His writings give hope, for instance, this statement of his keeps the inner flame burning.
When you refuse to accept defeat from the lashes of life and you continue spreading the LIGHT no matter what; I truly believe destiny can be altered, karma's can be erased, the very heaven appeased. But only if you spread THE LIGHT not seeking redemption or reward.
When Ruzbeh writes, "Don't operate from guilt, because guilt is the greatest obstacle, which chains people from soaring and realizing their true self", it only reminds me of what Agathiyar told me in the very beginning itself. He told me that everything was his doing. He told me that what had transpired throughout my life was his doing. He told me that he had forgiven my wrongs. Similarly, he asked me to forgive myself. Only then did he asks that I forgive others too. He explained further that all that had to take place because I needed the experience. Ma comes to us telling us that everything in the Siddha path is a learning process when she says "Siddha Neri Oru Padipinai." Never once did the Siddhas nor the divine find fault in our worship. We understood that we are allowed to make mistakes. This is the training ground. 

From initially having zero knowledge about the Siddhas, we were filled with the relevant and necessary knowledge by their grace. Initially, as I was not interested in rituals, but carried them out following the directives of Agathiyar and Tavayogi, Agathiyar explained to me their significance, bringing me to perform them with my heart and soul. From an elaborate prayer session that included the rendition of all the names of the Siddhas, we then switched to singing the tanmai or nature of Erai foregoing these individual names. As for libation or abhisegam, from mentioning the benefits of libation with each item, that stood at 16 numbers, we were guided to perform only 7 by Lord Muruga and this was brought to only 3 by Ma later. As I was contemplating to stop entirely these already simplified rituals, Ma orders us to do it daily tying us down further. But we only use water to cool her down these days. As we await further directives, we shall continue as they had ordained for the time being. 

Lately, Lord Muruga has asked that we go within and just sit in silence. Just when we could not comprehend the reason for him to direct us such, Roshan shares with us the stories carried in two books that he recently had read. His review of Ruzbeh Bharucha's books excited me to search for it on the net. I found his blog and talks instead that is extremely helpful in understanding the secrets of life.