Thursday 18 April 2019

GIVING

"Creating an opportunity for one person might not change the world, but you will change the world for that one person!" - Davis Nguyen

The homeless were invisible to me too as Adam Rideau describes them. I would just walk past them on the streets without even noticing them or their plight. I could carry on eating my lunch as a homeless stood beside my table with extended palms asking for alms. I could watch a child loiter aimlessly on the five-foot way without even having a thought what he was doing alone on the streets. I could chase away a beggar who stood at my doorsteps. I could pinch my nose or hold my breath as I hastened my steps walking past a homeless sleeping among the rubbish on the back lane. This was me then.

Agathiyar has brought me and my family of friends at PTS into the homes of the poor today, asking them ways for us to help them survive their ordeal, figuring out ways to bring long term relief, and most importantly giving them a morsel of food to appease their hunger. 

Agathiyar has turned us into becoming grateful for the life he has given us. Agathiyar has brought us to share a small portion of our earnings with the unfortunate. Agathiyar has given us an opportunity to help another soul. As Davis Nguyen said, we changed the world for one person!