Tuesday 24 March 2020

LET US PRAY

In these moments of lockdown either partial or otherwise, this blog has kept some company. Friends of mine encouraged me to continue writing through their messages. 

And how do they keep themselves occupied? Our Varmam Master says, "all OK boss. Tq. manasuku nala maranthu...isai" He listens to songs. 

Another friend was a father to a newborn baby boy, his second children amidst all the chaos of the pandemic.

Another friend in the Oil and Gas sector writes, "All ok Ayya, I'm at Offshore, have been busy managing covid for my company. we have stopped all contractor & only Ops team running the plant."

A Dr has voiced his concern too, "Cases are going up."

My brother who is one of the frontliners writes, "Fine. Tq. (His area) red zone. Still working. My place lockdown."

While abroad,

A Dr. friend in Chennai expresses her sadness, "Its terrible infection causing high mortality... Really helpless watching ICU videos" and calls for all of us to pray, "We all have to pray again Ayya, to appa. Only prayers can help. I have had a very bad experience during house surgeon- with swine flu. Truly prayers work wonders. Ayya very much his presence needed. Let's all unite in prayers. You are doing great deed conducting homa."

Another friend from Chennai wrote, "All ayya's grace. I was working away from the city. Before 15 days without no reason, I lose my job. I am with the family only for the past 15 days. I was thinking about why it is happening like this. Everything was good. But suddenly it happened to me but now I understand ayya only doing these things to save me."

Another friend from Visagapattinam, Andhra Pradesh wrote, "Namaste Aiya, we are safe with Appa's grace. Our city, Vizag has 2 cases and we are under lockdown since yesterday. I am reading your written word, Aiya. I am eternally grateful. I hope you are in the safe zone Aiya. Thank you for everything Aiya."

A friend from Bangalore wrote, "sir. We are in Bangalore and safe. I know from your blog posts that you and everyone must be safe. Pls, continue writing... It's a solace for poor souls like us and it's alike talking to Appa on a daily basis."

Our Kriya Yoga Master who is residing in Bangalore too, writes, "Yes, we are safe. Both (wife) and I are working from home for the last two weeks. Leave everything to the Master and stay happy at home has been our Mantra."

A friend from North India wrote, "Yes sir though the city is locked down ...We actually lives in Dehradun 250 km from Delhi..Things are under control here."

Another friend from Delhi, writes in to say he is fine, "We are all fine here Sir. I hope you all are also well. There is a complete lockdown here."

A journalist friend from Kerala wrote, "Oh.. here no death as of now. But cases are increasing..partial lockdown too."

Another friend from South Africa writes, "Huge concern for our country. (Adding on to) Poverty and huge population in outlying areas. We are praying and praying. All we can do now."

A friend from Slovenia wrote, "Dear Mr. Shanmugan, today I tried to reach you over the phone, but without success. I hope that my letter finds you well. The world is currently in a very chaotic state and the cross-border flow of people and goods has almost ceased. Just today I talked with a friend from Ujjain who informed me that also in India all the schools and universities have been closed. Here in Slovenia, all public transportation is being stopped effective tomorrow. Apart from groceries, supermarkets, pharmacies, banks and post offices, everything will be closed. Almost all the borders are closed. How is the situation at your end and how are you doing? I do hope to hear from you soon and remain, with best wishes for you and your family's well-being."

These are all devotees of Agathiyar and readers of this blog, who have voiced their concern in the wake of this pandemic. They are all praying to Agathiyar for a relief to come soon. Let us continue to asks for forgiveness and mercy from the divine and show a way out of this deadly situation. Let us make good use of the time given in tidying the home, get to clean your room, something Agathiyar has always asked us to do to keep healthy, do some reading, spend some quality time with the family, carry out all those things we wanted to do in the home which we never had time to do earlier and take that rests you always wanted. A friend added on to this list, "Anna, just yesterday I had this thought Anna. Always we give so many reasons, office work, traveling tired, family times and etc. Now we can’t tell all this. Even work from home, no traveling tired, and got more time for families and for Appa" and he sent me a picture after having done a homam in his home, asking for Agathiyar's mercy on the current wave of terror we are faced with, with a note of thanks, "Thanks to teaching me all this Anna."


Another Yoga Master and friend said it well, regarding the lockdown, "I understand every inch of my room now. this where I am spending my time Aya" and send me accompanying pictures of his room.

Agathiyar had already told me to go within very much earlier even before the lockdown, asking me to leave the house only if very crucial. He initiated us in taking tulasi or basil leaves with lukewarm water. He asks us to revisit certain Pranayama exercises taught by Tavayogi, asking us to spit out the sputum that comes with it. But he never indicated to us the pandemic that was to follow in the weeks to come.


Seeing the difficulty in breathing that those infected by this virus go through made me want to take in large and big gulps of air immediately. I have started on these Pranayama practices and am appreciating each breath that I take in as a life-giver and sustainer of life. I am training myself to be aware of my breath every moment for you might not know, it might be the last breath that leaves you never to return.

It looks like what Tavayogi taught us, the worship of Siddhas, the ritual of lighting the fire pit or homam, and the Yoga techniques have come in handy in keeping us company as we are forced to stay indoors these days. Let each individual pray and worship not for individual gains but for the wellbeing of all and Prapanjam and put into practice what we have learned from our gurus, upagurus and elders within the confines of our homes.