Sunday 15 March 2020

THE GUIDING LIGHT

He came in the form of words that were inscribed in the Nadi to reveal my present, past and future. He came into the granite statues of his, opening his eyes to watch us, at Agasthiyampalli and Papanasam and later in his bronze statue in my home. He has come to live in our hearts too.

He sent two wonderful gurus Supramania Swami of Tiruvannamalai, who showed how his bond between him and his guru Yogi Ramsuratkumar could work miracles; and Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal who showed me the path of the Siddhas by taking me to their abodes, where again I was shown how his bond between him and his guru Agathiyar could work miracles. Today Agathiyar himself comes, in the physical absence of both my gurus, to show us how devotion towards him works miracles.

When I met Tavayogi for the very first time in 2005 in Malaysia, surprisingly he mentioned that we should have met on my maiden trip to India in 2003. Today I understand that I had an obligation towards Supramania Swami that needed fulfillment, hence I was brought to see him on the pretext of having my daughter's horoscope drawn. Supramania Swami had a lifelong desire to build a temple that saw the light of the day with my arrival. But mysteriously it was shelved by the very divine forces that had initiated it.

Coming to Tavayogi I was inspired to carry out an annadhanam at his Ashram, my very first of many to come. Later when Supramania Swami passed away, together with Jnana Jhotiamma we carried out another annadhanam at Tiruvannamalai fulfilling his last wish. The thought of helping others that were inculcated in us lead to the formation of a loose grouping on Whatsapp, Amudha Surabhi that managed the contributions from devotees and set out to have programs in aid of the poor.

Coming to Tavayogi, he set me to carry out the ritual of lighting the sacrificial fire in my home, something that was only the purview of the priests in the temples. Later when he started the annual Sarva Dosa Nivarana Maha Yagam to appease mother nature and heal the illness and wounds of devotees, he instructed me to do the same in my home to coincide with the festivity at his Kallar Ashram. I did all that was told without failure. Agathiyar initiated a small group of devotees to come together at my private home after I was engaged in conducting puja for the Siddhas for some years. Many watched as spectators, while some engaged in preparing and conducting the prayers. These few took the rituals back into their homes and carried on with their family members, something that I had wished for. I never believed in having devotees congregate in large numbers once a week, usually on Thursdays being the day designated for worship to one's guru, and forget about him till the following week. I wanted them to engage in doing puja in their own homes and reap its benefits as extolled by Agathiyar in a Nadi Reading on 12.7.2010. Agathiyar talks about the prayers conducted and its benefits. Agathiyar reveals an extensive list of benefits attained from performing and conducting prayers. He reveals the reason he asks that I carry them out. Below is listed the benefits as Agathiyar revealed in the Nadi:

There are many in this world who utters my name (Agathiyar),
Prayers done truthfully (to Sidhas) shall gain many benefits,
Prayers shall bring much joy,
Prayers done moderately but splendidly and honestly, shall help protect the world,
Prayers done with fellow devotees will bring many benefits,
Many shall rise in stature and power,
Prayers will lead to a state of bliss,
Prayers done on full moon days shall strengthen the Jothi within,
Prayers will help remove doubts,
Through prayers, one shall attain godhead,
Strength, grace and wealth shall be gained,
Stay on this path of devotion and family bond shall be strengthened,
All that is asked for shall be gained,
Prayers shall lead to meditation and charitable thoughts,
All ills shall be removed,
God shall listen to prayers,
Idiots shall become geniuses,
The benefits attained from prayers are indescribable for many changes shall take place.

After many years of engaging in rituals, I felt that much had been accomplished in this area and that we had to move on. That is when, Agathiyar asked that we devote more time to Yogam and Jnanam now having fulfilled Sariyai and Kriyai to his utmost satisfaction in a timely manner. When the time came for me to go into solitude, he initiated the groups Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia (AVM) and its charity arm Amudha Surabhi (AS) be closed and have me leave the registered body Persatuan Teman Setia that was engaged in charity. Although I closed the door to my room, he insisted that I do not shut the doors to my home. He wants me to admit only those who are keen to learn yoga and meditation. He does not want us to revisit the rituals and have newcomers watch or participate. Neither does he want us to promote and engage in acts of charity to new seekers. There are other avenues for them he says.

Agathiyar has asked us to engage in going within, having engaged in rituals and successfully carried out acts of charity all these years. He has asked us to move on and not wait for others to catch up, for then our journey shall stall. This reminds me of how, during the adventure into the jungles and caves that Tavayogi took me to, I would run to keep up with my 76-year-old guru who would walk briskly and with so much energy, never for a moment turn back to see if I was catching up with him.

Of course, if the need arises we still do engage in lighting the homam as in several urgent matters. Taking the cue from Tavayogi who initiated the Maha Yagam following the wreath of mother nature in the form of the tsunami in 2004, we prayed lighting the homam that the current pandemic and outbreak of Covid-19, should not prolong for long, be sustained and irradicated, recently. Agathiyar had once told me in response to my reluctance to engage in any ritual, that the homam I did at home was not for personal gain but for the benefit, good and well being of the Prapanjam, endorsing the words of Tavayogi. I held a prayer and homam when Tavayogi was taken ill. Agathiyar tells us that the Siddhas too did a Yagam after hearing our prayer to save his soul. Tavayogi went back to his ashram, settled all that was needed of him, including passing the baton to Mataji Sarojini Ammaiyar and teaching her the art of reading the Jeeva Nadi in his possession.

We were well equipped with the tools to venture into Yoga thanks to Tavayogi. We were blessed to have Tavayogi teach us personally several asanas and pranayama techniques which Agathiyar says is a treasure chest. These days Agathiyar has asked us to revisit these techniques and teach them to others. Mahindren has been chosen for this task. If Agathiyar had initiated and taught me in the Nadi reading the technique of Nadi Suddhi and techniques to bring the focus on the Agnai, he comes through others to further finetune these techniques. Ramalinga Adigal too came to deliver these techniques and initiate us.

Coming under house arrest, unless there was an urgent need to leave home, I spend much of my time in the company of Agathiyar at my home, reminding me of Saint Nakkirar's plea and yearning, for a quiet moment and a space with the Guru. Nakkirar seeks the grace of Lord Ganapathy asking to create the avenue for this special moment, a moment of sitting in silence with the Guru, merging in thought with him. We are told that as one engages in these moments of meditation, even the thought of the guru as being separate drops, and he becomes identified with the Guru, one with the Guru. Just bringing this vision itself brings so much joy in us, imagine how it would be, in the actual presence of the Guru? Saint Nakkirar's prayer that became my prayer too has materialized.

மோனா ஞான முழுதும் அளித்து
சிற்பரிப் பூரண சிவத்தைக் காண
நற்சிவ நிட்கள நாட்டமுந் தந்து
குருவுஞ் சீடனுங் கூடிக் கலந்து
இருவரும் ஒரு தனியிடந் தனிற் சேர்ந்து
தானந்தமாகித் தற்பர வெளியில்
ஆனந்த போத அறிவைக் கலந்து
ஈசனிைணயடியிருத்தி
மனத்தே நீயே நானாய்
நானே நீயாய்க்
காயா புரியைக் கனவெனவுணா்ந்து
எல்லாமுன் செயலென்ேற உணர
நல்லா உன்னருள் நாட்டந் தருவாய்
காரண குருவே கற்பகத் களிேற
வாரணமுகத்து வள்ளலே போற்றி

Its transliteration,

mona gnana muluthum alitthu
sirparipoorana shivattai kaana
narshiva nitkala naattamum thanthu
guruvum seedanum koodi kalanthu
eruvarum oru tani edam thanil sernthu
thaananthamaagi tarpara veliyil
aanandha bhotha arivai kalanthu
esan enaiyadi erutthi manathay
neeye naanaai naane neeyaai
gaayaa puriyai kanavena unarnthu
yellaam un seyalendray unara
nallaa un arul naatham tharuvaai
kaarana guruve karpaga kalire
vaarana mugatthu vallale potri

Its translation, a product of the limited capacity of my understanding.

Conferring the Silent Jnana,
Coming face to face with the final revelation of the source,
Giving birth to divine desires,
Hence the Guru and Student merge,
in a lone space, the Para Veli,
locked in blissful knowledge,
placed at the Holy Feet of Siva,
"Oh Maname, understand that you are ME, I am you,
the body is but just a fortress in a dream,"
Bring me to the realization that all is your doing,
Bring forth the yearning for your Grace in me,
Oh my Guru, Lord Vinayaga.

Agathiyar comes occasionally to look in on me and convey messages and further guidance through a devotee whom he took to perform his Siddhis. He tells us that his Siddhis or play shall go on for some time. He asks that I spread his teachings through all available means and mediums, including asking me to carry on blogging. At times he says not to reveal but to wait till he says.

These days he brings Ramalinga Adigal too with him. Agathiyar we came to understand loves to listen to us sing. Recently he commanded all of us to sing whenever in his presence. Besides the songs in praise of him, his favorite was always a song on Lord Narayana. Whenever he comes he would request for songs on Ramalinga Adigal too, whom he addresses as Vallal. We were wondering why? Then he answers telling us that Adigal is always following him wherever he goes. Yesterday we were surprised when Ramalinga Adigal composed and sang a song. We only managed to record a small portion of it as we were caught unawares.

................................................................
................................................................
என் பெருமானே என்னுள் வந்து அருளிய ஜோதி அது....
என் பெருமான் அருளிய ஜோதி அது....
திரை எனும் திரை எனும் என் பெருமான் காட்டிய திரை அது....
என் அருள் அப்பன் அருள் ஜோதி அது...
சீர்ஜோதி அது பெருஞ் ஜோதி அது... ஏறும் பெரும் ஜோதி அது
என்னுள் அது ஏறும் போது திரை அது விலகியது...
என்னுள் அது ஏறும் நிலையில் ஜோதி அது ஜோதி அது...
திரை எனும் திரை அது அருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி அது...

Ramalinga Adigal has on a couple of instances asked that we continue to hold on to the Holy Feet of "Appan Agathiyan" as he addresses Agathiyar. Agathiyar shall set aside the veil that hides Arutperunjhoti from us, he promises. Since we came to Agathiyar and his path, he will be the guiding light, he says. He asks that we continue on his path. Agathiyar remains a guiding light to us, then, now and forever.