Friday 15 May 2020

GURU - THE COMPASSIONATE GUIDE

Agathiyar told me that he would take the form we wished to see in his statue after I decorated him as Lord Vinayaga and offered my prayers many years back on his Chaturthi day. Yesterday we dressed his bronze statue as Ramalinga Adigal and offered prayers to Adigal. Ramalinga Adigal came to bestow the grace of Arutperunjhoti Aaandavar. The last time I dressed Agathiyar as Adigal was many years back.

Agathiyar dressed as Ramalinga Adigal

Agathiyar garlanded and worshipped as Lord Ganapathy

Agathiyar garlanded and worshipped as Lord Ganapathy 

Agathiyar made to look like and worshipped as Lord Ganapathy
Agathiyar dressed and worshipped as Ramalinga Adigal many years back

When I asked him to say a few words about Supramania Swami and Tavayogi he said Supramania Swami educated me on how to respect and serve the guru while Tavayogi is still guiding us in trying to get us to safe ground. As I sit aside and wonder if I can take on this enormous task given to me and travel this journey further, it surprises me to realize how deep and strong a faith and belief that they had on us in wanting to see us achieve the objective set out for us. It is obvious that they have more faith and belief in us than we do on ourselves. They have kept their part of the deal. Now it is for us to place concerted effort towards achieving greater heights.

Ramalinga Adigal was pleased with me remembering my gurus and how we had followed the path closely. This came as a surprise for I had compiled a video of Tavayogi and his teachings on the Siddha path and uploaded it to YouTube just the night before.


Ramalinga Adigal endorsed all our practices, thoughts, and understanding. Agathiyar had told me to revisit Tavayogi's Yoga techniques that were taught to us by him in 2008 and that I had put into practice till he came to ask me to take a break from it to allow my back to heal and recover. Agathiyar had asked me to learn up the உடல் கூறு தத்துவங்கள் or the philosophy behind the making of the body or the secret of the tattvas that Tavayogi had written in his book "Andamum Pindamum". Ramalinga Adigal came to enquire if I was going through the book by Tavayogi as Agathiyar had instructed. I replied that I had but only managed to gain a shallow understanding of the subject. Ramalinga Adigal asked that I go through it again and that they shall enlighten us on it.

Lord Muruga, Agathiyar, and Ramalinga Adigal had asked us to go within after having successfully traveled the path of Sariyai and Kriya. Ramalinga Adigal asked me how my travel within fared? I replied that I was struggling to go within due to the noise and interference from the surroundings as I was living in a housing estate. I used to ask Agathiyar to provide a conducive environment for us to engage in contemplation on him. Nakkirar too had sought the divine hand of Lord Vinayagar to create a conducive environment and atmosphere so that he and his guru could come together in silence. As we are beginners and not exponents like Supramania Swami or Acharya Gurudasan, who could go on meditating amidst the din made by the workers who ran an automobile workshop beside Supramania Swami's kudil and Acharya who could meditate amidst the tremor and noise of the passing trains running beside his father's office, we being freshies needed peace and quiet to settle down in the first place. Ramalinga Adigal assured me that we shall win the battle together. 

Finally, Ramalinga Adigal asked if I was experiencing the changes taking place within after putting into practice all that was told to me. I shared my experiences and he seemed pleased and endorsed them. He asked to continue doing them. He spoke about the need to place concerted efforts in my practice; that is the only thing we can possibly give back, confirming my earlier understanding and answer to my question as to what could I possibly give back to him for all the love, compassion and kindness, and grace bestowed on all of us.