Saturday 15 August 2020

REST NOT TILL WE ACHIEVE

After heeding the call and following the path of the Siddhas, what have I learned I ask myself? Taking up the call by Agathiyar through a Nadi reading, he arranged for me to witness a Siddha puja on the pretext of paying homage to the Nadi and its authors that was read to me. I realize now that that was my introductory lesson in worship to the Siddhas. Nadi Nool Aasan Sentilkumar of Avinashi who read the Nadi in Malaysia, in 2002, lead me on a simple recitation of the Siddha names and praise to them. Receiving a picture of Agathiyar and armed with a small booklet containing these names and songs I began worship to the Siddhas.

The following year I saw myself in India to clear my backlog of debts or karma accumulated throughout the numerous births I took. I was mysteriously aided by the divine forces in seeing through these remedies at selected temples shown by Agathiyar in the Nadi. These remedies included making donations to priests and the poor besides feeding them and the animals. I realize now that that was my introductory lesson in doing charity to others. Returning home it continued in many small ways.

Before I returned home Agathiyar showed me, my first guru, Supramania Swami too. A bond was tied and cemented between the guru and his disciple. The next two years saw me learn under his tutelage over the phone and through snail mail, though the vast Indian Ocean separated us. He showed me discipleship to a guru by example. I realize now that that was my introductory lesson in learning to pay respect to the Guru. He was the right person to show me by example on the guru-disciple relationship for he has had 5 gurus over various periods of time.

In 2005 Agathiyar shows me to a guru on the Siddha path. I met Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal in Malaysia. A bond was cemented and I followed him to his Kallar Ashram a month after he returned. He took me to the abodes, caves, and jungles where the Siddha moved and stayed in, including the caves and places he stayed in while traveling as a mendicant. I was given the rare experience and shown numerous miracles that saw my belief in them strengthen. Tavayogi taught me the rituals in the worship to the Siddhas, something he did at his ashram grounds too. I realize now that that was my introductory lesson in undertaking rituals. Armed with worship and acts of charity, also shown by him, I took them back into the confines of my home and my streets respectively.

The year 2006 saw the demise of my first guru. Agathiyar passed me on fully in the care of Tavayogi. The years 2007, 2008, 2010 saw Tavayogi making further visits to Malaysia where I spent much of my time in his company. Tavayogi introduced Yoga officially to me and several others in 2008 by gifting us, in the words of Agathiyar, "a treasure." Agathiyar then sent many youngsters to my home beginning in 2013 to witness the rituals I undertook. They began participating in the ritual puja and charity too. We progressed under the guidance of the gurus, their teachings, and through practices given by them. We saw many transformations that came by walking the path. These were both in the body and in the idealogy behind the Marga or path. Soon belief turned into undisputed faith in the Siddhas. With that came numerous offers of gifts, positions, and powers. But we chose not to accept them.

Having taken their word as gospel and traveled the path, traveling some 18 years now, following all their dictates and directives that came through their Nadi and through the gurus and through others, we then came to a crossroad upon the demise of Tavayogi. With the gurus going into samadhi, where do we head from here? With the Nadi reading becoming more spaced out and far apart, who do we turn to for guidance? We can either stop where we stood and stagnate, carrying out what was shown and taught to us, doing it till the end or further the journey into unchartered terrain, blindly. While many might opt to remain with these gifts, that were in the nature of possession of the Nadi, running movements or Peedhams, the gift and ability to heal, performing Siddhis, and other practices and rituals, we chose to move on and to travel further. As we continued to walk the path alone, the Siddhas then began to guide us personally, by drawing the bridge down that linked our world with theirs. We saw tremendous information and transformations channeled directly through their devotees and other mediums. Finally, we arrived at the question - What have the Siddhas envisioned for us?

Having participated actively in Sariyai, Kriyai and Yogam, where are we to head next? Agathiyar confirmed a wild guess we had. We were headed for Gnana. But it is not something gifted as in all the previous offers and prizes that they were willing to shower on us. We had to work for it said Agathiyar. We had to place effort in it said Ramalinga Adigal. They went on to guide us on the means to attain it. Since we do not carry any desire nor had we opted to receive their gifts, the Siddhas drew the curtain of Maya aside and showed us the true objective and purpose in taking birth. I am pretty sure that both my gurus Supramania Swami and Tavayogi are delighted in seeing us ask for Gnanam for they had always been talking to us of the need to attain that state.

With our gurus with us, even as they are in the subtle form now, we shall march towards attaining the goal set by the Siddhas for us. They have very clearly told us that they do not want us to remain forever as devotees worshipping them. That would be akin to replacing the worship of all the Gods and Goddesses in temples with the images and idols of the Siddhas in our homes or temples. They want us to move on and take up Yogam that shall bring us to the threshold of Gnanam. Attaining Gnanam they want to see us as Siddhas too. They shall never rest till their job is done, says Ramalinga Adigal. So too should not we strive to fulfill their desires and wishes in seeing us at par or excel them. This shall then be the greatest gift we can possibly give them, joining their brotherhood.