Saturday 1 August 2020

THE SPIRITUAL NETWORK

It's a Saturday afternoon and as I am lazing on the sofa in my living room, sharing the videos I took of my granddaughter in our family WhatsApp group and thinking about what to write next I pondered with amazement on the spiritual network that lay out there away from our eyes and privy to only those whom we call gurus, saints, sages and Siddhas.

It is said that the divine has its own machinery that administers his creation, just as we have governments and its officials and staff to administer the countries. Here is a network linking the subjects of Erai to the system in place just as the various ministries come under a network too. Let us explore this divine network based on what took place in my life. 

I was minding my business going to work and returning home to my wife and children. Nothing unusual happened until that meaningful Saturday afternoon in 2001, at about this time, at 4pm, my life was to change completely forever. The rain clouds had formed as my nephew stepped into my home. He told me that he had an outstanding order given to him that he had delayed for far too long in delivering to me. He asked me to follow him into my prayer room. He took his seat as I sat opposite him. He told me not to question the source of the initiation I was about to receive. Some energy came through him that shook his body briefly. He asked me to follow him in reciting the Vasudeva mantra. Years later he reveals to me that his Paramaguru Gopal Pillai had come through a follower and instructed that the mantra be passed on to me. Gopal Pillai was part of a larger network. The initiator I came to know later was Agathiyar. Subsequently, my nephew gave me a picture of Lord Dhakshanamurthy to be worshiped and told me that this shall prepare me to meet my guru in a year. Agathiyar was a part of a larger network too.

I was a person who frequented temples and worshiped aggressively at home both at dawn and dusk until it all came to an abrupt stop in 1988. I had been hibernating away from all forms of worship and reading of books of spiritual nature since then. This interval of 14 years saved me from turning cuckoo. I was confused with all the reading and what I saw that took place in other's lives that it made me doubt the very nature of the divine and question him if at all he was as compassionate as professed. Lord Shiva came in a dream and told me to take a break which I did. 

After a long break, I was brought back to worship with the entry of Lord Narayanan and Lord Dhakshanamurthy. I am told that I shall meet my guru too. I never knew about gurus nor did I follow one till then. When my colleague and officer left his job to become a monk at Yogananda Paramahansa's Ranchi ashram in India in 1994, he passed me a picture of Lord Shiva and Yogananda's "Autobiography of a Yogi." I first learned about gurus and masters from this amazing book.

I began to frequent Siddha practitioner and Medical astrologer the late Dr. Krishnan beginning in 1996. He pointed me to the Nadi when I asked him if his predictions had not materialized in the past. "Yes" he replied and told me the reason. If we had karma that came about as a result of curses, it will stand in our way and deprive us of whatever good we deserve. This was my very first education on karma and the first time I heard about the Siddhas and the Nadi. He was a part of the network. But as they say, you have to have the calling to see the Nadi, Agathiyar only initiated the move to read it to me some 6 years later when my colleague opened up to me about his experience in seeing his Nadi in the year 2000. As my interest was kindled, he checked to see if the Nadi reader was still around. I was in luck and I arrived to have my Nadi read.  

If Agathiyar had used several channels to convey his message earlier, this time he addressed me directly through the Nadi. He took me by surprise by calling me to his fold. Agathiyar who told me to carry out remedies both here and in India for my past karma, also reaffirmed that I shall meet my guru. Agathiyar had privy to these Akashic records in the Akashic vault. 

I set off to India in 2003. I had come to the end of my "remedial" pilgrimage but had yet to meet the guru. I had no inclination where, when, and how this would happen. As I had a day to myself in Tiruvannamalai before returning to Chennai to board the plane back to Malaysia, I remembered my wife asking me to chart my daughter's horoscope in India. I asked Deva my good chauffeur if he would take me to one once we arrive in Chennai. He replied that his uncle was an astrologer. That astrologer was to be my very first guru. I saw Erai's divine hands in this. Why should my wife ask that I get the horoscope done just as I was about to board the taxi to the airport? Why did the driver originally assigned to me come down ill and had Deva replace me?

I spent 5 solid hours with him, hardly speaking, with tears rolling down my cheeks throughout the meeting I had with Supramania Swami of Tiruvannamalai. I sat awed and amazed as he rolled out what was to take place in my life, without looking into the stars, drawing up my horoscope, or looking at my palms. He spoke about things mentioned by Agathiyar in the Nadi. Supramania Swami had privy to these Akashic records kept in the Akashic vault. He was part of the network.

With the coming of my second guru Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal of Kallar Ashram, things sped up. He invited me to his ashram while in Malaysia in 2005. I soon saw myself arrive at Kallar behind his heels. On mentioning to him that Agathiyar had instructed me further to visit more temples, he volunteered to take me anywhere I wanted to go. We saw ourselves head for those temples and he threw in a bonus package bringing me to the caves and jungles of the Siddhas and to some of the places he had roamed, slept, and meditated during his tenure as a mendicant roaming the length and breadth of India. Tavayogi had privy to these secret spots and I was privileged to set my foot on. He was part of the network.

From learning much that was shared through the medium of the Nadi and from both my gurus, the Siddhas have begun to speak directly this time through you and me prompting to do a thing or otherwise, to inform, to educate and to enlighten us. They use us as tools and messengers and use the technologies available currently to send their messages across. Their networks is vast and the mediums plenty. End of the day the message is conveyed to the right person on time, though we are to be aware and alert of these messengers who may come in any form and the messages that can come any time.

The ball is always in our court. The Siddhas look into the stars and only relay what is seen. Whether these events take place or not entirely and squarely is on our shoulders. When effort is placed we see results. If we ignore then the prediction shall not materialize. And it is of utmost importance that we start on it the moment we are told to do so. Anything done later for various lame reasons does not give the desired and expected results. Siddhas are divine messengers waiting to uplift us to their stature and beyond. All they ask of us is total surrender for them to work on us. If we hold on to ourselves how can they do what is best for us? After coming to their path, accept everything that happens be it good or bad, and accept that it is all happening under their watchful eyes. Remember we are only interested in the immediate and our vision is limited while they see through time and space and know what is best for us. Give them space to mold and work on us, eventually bringing us to their state of a Siddha. Devotion and Surrender is what is needed to tap their Grace. With their grace and our efforts, we shall wade the waters of life.