Saturday 12 January 2019

A SIMPLE PATH TO GODHEAD 1

I came to Agathiyar to read his Nadi. I had some idea of what to expect from my colleague Muralitharan since he had seen his Nadi some two years prior to my appointment. In the Nadi Agathiyar invited me to his path. I signed up as a recruit of Agathiyar.  I traveled to several ashrams and organization related to Agathiyar in Malaysia to know more about his path.  I traveled to India to all the places he had specifically told me to go. It came as a parikaram or remedy that I had to fulfill. Today rather then see it as a remedy for my past sins, I see it as establishing a connection with my gurus and reconnecting with places from my past lives.

Agathiyar thrilled me with numerous miracles while in India and promised more to come upon me reaching my homeland in Malaysia. He brought me to meet Supramania Swami in India during my maiden pilgrimage and Tavayogi while he was in Malaysia. Both these gurus trained me in very subtle ways. I learnt from them by just watching them and listening to the very few words they both spoke. Today I pretty well understand all that they said then, that made no sense before.

Agathiyar guided me through his Aasi Nadi. If in the beginning, I had seeked out the Nadi, having given my thumb print, and answering a long string of questions before I could safely say that it was the Nadi written for me, after Agathiyar offered me a space in his heart, he came generously to speak to me through his Nadi, some 55 times.

He sent many aspirants on his path to my home, Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia (AVM), a name I gave for easy recognition and location of my place. With continuous rituals and prayers, he moved in to stay with us, both in our homes and our hearts. Today after 16 years we have received an accreditation from Agathiyar. His Vanam became Jnana Kottam. Lord Muruga came along and upgraded it to Tapovanam.

We know pretty well that we do not deserve all these kindness and compassion from the Siddhas. All these was possible only due to their blessings. All we did was to praise their Holy feet. They removed all our worries. They took care of our problems. They cleared the obstacles. They took care of our health. All they asked in return was to serve them by becoming their apostles. They brought us to work not for ourselves but work towards the good of Prapanjam and all of their creation.

Today as we move with them, doing the given tasks, we find ourselves bridging the gap between Erai, the divine, the Siddhas and us. As we are told of the four paths and our relationship with Erai on each path, beginning with the first path of Sariyai or living in the world of Shiva, also known as the path of the servant; next, Kriyai or the ritual worship of Shiva, also known as the path of the son; the third path, Yogam or attaining the form of Shiva, also known as the path of companionship and finally the final path of Jnanam, also known as the true path, today we can safely say that we have traversed each and every path, with Erai's grace and still are able to remain his humble and obedient servant, son and daughter, and a companion to him. And it all started with being obedient, carrying out his dictates and following in his footsteps.

Along the way he offered many gifts, but we rejected them all for we only wanted his Holy feet. But the most graceful and compassionate father gave himself completely to us. And he kept giving those gifts too as bonus.

There are no words to describe our father. As Tavayogi penned the words for Raagawave Production's "Agathiyar Geetham", a soulful song brought to life through the melodious voice of Gowri Arumugam, "Yaarappa Nee, Konjam Sollappa", indeed we are forever asking him "Who are you?" who has come to save us and bring us back to the shores and banks of Erai's kingdom.

We are indebted to his love and compassion shown on these sinners. But then again the most compassionate assures us that we never sinned and that it was also his doing. It all had to happen so that we should gain those experiences too. We are not ashamed to make mistakes for we shall learn from it. Life is a learning process we are told again and again. The Siddha path is one of learning too. Through this learning we come to gain wisdom, knowing the right from the wrong. There is no looking back as we move guided by our gurus towards the light that shines from his home in all its brightness. Come join us.