Friday 11 October 2019

SHARING THE BLESSINGS

In all my endeavors, I cannot but give gratitude and pay homage to the divine Erai for showing mercy on me and his many blessings that brought me all the pleasures in life. He told us once that he was rewarding us. Similarly, I am indebted to him for coming forward to save my soul too. For how else would we pierce the veil that hides the truth and how are we to break our hold on the impermanence and seek his holy feet if he does not come to us to redeem us at the right moment? He came to us at the many right moments in many forms. He came as the Nadi, as literature, as Gurus, as Upagurus, like teachings, like books, etc reminding us often of our obligation to God, Guru, Guardians, the ancestors, parents, the family, society, nation, nature, animals, and plants all neatly condensed in his 5 tenets.

Then I wonder how many have had the blessings I had. For those who are struggling in life, I pray to the divine to show some mercy on them too and bring everyone who has even the slightest thought of Erai to his fold gradually. There have been many moments of bliss that he showered on me. In those moments of joy and ecstasy, I had always prayed that he passed on this state to those around me too so that they shall not be left out from experiencing him. My personal wish that "If only I could convey what I was going through by way of touch to others?" has been granted. Towards this, we come together to hold hands these days in those sacred moments so that those perceptible to these subtle energies might experience his presence too. Today he has put forth his wish to me, asking that we share the sacred ash and food that we cook with others, as that would do wonders in others turning into and becoming medicine for them as demonstrated by Thirugnana Sambandar.


He has been thriving to bring all of us to realize his presence if only we could focus our thoughts, faith, belief on one thing rather then let it run loose and wild and looking up to all that comes our way, which unknowing to us, shall distract us.

To him, the most compassionate father Agathiyar, we bring our hands in prayer. We thank him from the bottom of our hearts. We shall hold on to him as Manickavasagar did, both capturing and making him captive, bringing about a forced union that grants the state of deliverance from the chain of births, as explained by G.Vanmikanathan in "Thiruvachagam", Amudha Nilayam, Chennai, 2002.


The "Koil Thiruppathikam" sings of the attainment of the Jeevan mukta state where there are still two entities, one being the seeker and the other being the sought. God and man while remaining no doubt metaphysically distinct are practically and experimentally one spirit. Soul consciousness has not yet been completely eradicated. Civan consciousness is not yet everlasting. The disembodiment of the soul and its merging in Civan then would constitute Videha mukti.
You do not have an experience. You become experience. How Manikavasagar became experience is the theme of Koil Thiruppathikkam which is wonderfully condensed in the last stanza in these words "What you gave is yourself; what you took is me."
With the next decad, the 23rd Manikavasagar enters the unitive way the road to Videha mukti.