I have traveled for some twenty-four years on this path, beginning with their worship, which drew the bridge down for the Siddhas to come into our homes to sit amongst us, and later coming within us and speaking. If, after reading the Nadi in 2002, I came to know about them from others, books, and blogs, soon we experienced their presence with their coming and sharing. Much have I shared with readers in this blog. Agathiyar encourages me to share too. Besides their sharing, they had me learn from experiences that they gave me by having strangers come over and knock on my door. Not every encounter was pleasant, nor was what they shared with me pleasant. It hurt to see them get hurt in journeying and traveling the path of the Siddhas. In those moments, I used to wonder how it was that I traveled safely while they met many dangers. I can only say that I had the Siddhas looking out for me at each moment. And all I did was follow their dictates, nothing more or extraordinary. It brings shivers even now to think of what these poor souls went through, partly out of ignorance, or want of something, greed and desire, or landing on the wrong foot or landing with the wrong master or technique.
I share this with readers to bring to your attention the dangers lurking out there after coming into the spiritual circle, either out of curiosity, or want of something, or as many seek Mukti, Siddhi, Jeeva Samadhi, and you name it. Others pick up techniques and leave to teach others, becoming gurus themselves. The list could go on. Let us look into it.
When I was schooling, my elder brother got into trouble after taking up Yoga from reading books. I cannot remember exactly how he was relieved of his pain back then, which I have come to know were blockages, after I had a similar encounter after taking up the Yoga Asanas and Pranayama I learned from Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal. But I was saved by Agathiyar and Lord Muruga, and the company of good souls I had around me then, who did what they could to relieve my pain. There are many who had no shoulder to lay their heads on in trouble times. They were left on their own to figure a way out.
When I was a working lad in my twenties, I saw devotees suffer sometimes as a result of the deity's doings that surprised and hurt me further. The wife of a devotee threw up every bit she ate while she carried their child. The deities came forward to own up to doing this mischief. I was confused and angry. I strongly believed that they were supposed to save us and not hurt us, going by what is told of them and what I read. They are supposed to be loving, caring, compassionate, and kind.
Another devotee was knocked down by a car right after she stepped out of the temple to hail a taxi.
In this moment of confusion and anger, Lord Siva came in a dream, asking me to Keep In View the questions and doubts for another day. That day came after 14 years, when I read my Nadi, where Agathiyar spoke about my Karma. I understood pretty well why they had to go through what they did, too.
And so I thought I understood. But it was not to be. Walking the path, Agathiyar came as a bronze statue into my home in 2010. Soon he brought many to knock on my door. He told me that whoever stood at my door was someone he had brought over and asked that I accommodate them. And so he began to use me and my home for his work. Many came with many issues, some of their doing, others resulting from their past Karma as revealed by Agathiyar in their Nadi readings. And some came with issues that arose because of a practice that they picked up that went wrong.
Soon I knew the reason they came to my house was to have me be a witness to many a thing, and stay clear of trouble. And so I learned from these moments how seekers and aspirants landed themselves in trouble believing and practicing things without a genuine guru who is in touch at all times. Many had energy blockages as a result of mixing numerous practices together. Most of their gurus failed them too in bringing relief. They were left to fight their own battle when things went wrong. Many wrote to me too about their troubles and sought relief. I was helpless in all those moments. But what could I do? I was a new kid on the block. I had no prior experience in these matters.
If I thought all their troubles had ended, as no one contacted me in all these years, but new faces with new problems kept arriving before Agathiyar. Even until yesterday, coming through a devotee, he sat patiently, addressing their sufferings and pain. He has me sit with him and listen while he addresses their issues. He wants me to know and learn not to make the same mistake and to alert others too. And so it turns out that Agathiyar is indeed compassionate, kind, and loving; otherwise, why should he care?
When faced with a problem, we stand before him for a solution. When things don't move according to our expectations, we stand before him asking him to clear the obstacle. When someone dear falls sick, we stand before him asking to be cured. When that someone dear is at the end of his or her life, we stand before him again asking for an extension in life. We place prayers before him. We bribe him with goodies, forgetting that whatever offerings we promise come from him. Then we go back and check with him often, if not daily, why it hasn't happened. We modify or add to our offerings and our asking. After placing our prayers, we go back and interfere in the process. Why should he care?
If and when we surrender all the above to him, we should learn to step aside and not interfere. We should not go back to him intensifying our prayers. We should not intimidate him to carry out our wishes. We should not harass him. We should not send reminders to him. That would then not be total surrender unto him. To see through our wishes, we need to give him time, leeway, and space to work. We should not determine the consequences or the results. We should not speak about it. We should not think about it. We should not meddle in it any further. That is total surrender. It is in total surrender that the magic unfolds.
First, they buy time by remaining silent. By remaining silent, it does not mean that he is not listening. It does not mean that he has not listened to our prayers. It does not mean that he is not working on it. It is just that he does not advertise or take selfies and photos and post them on social media to update us on the progress. He does it silently. Indeed, Agathiyar told us that he shall work silently.