Saturday 20 October 2018

INTERMISSION - JOURNEYING WITH AGATHIYAR

It has been a long journey, at least for me. We have traveled together some nine years now, beginning in 2002, on the path of the Siddhas. Let us take a moment to rest our sore feet and take an interval. As we sit in the shade of the enormous tree that has stood the test of nature and time, let us reflect on our path, a most fulfilling journey - a journey with our father, Agathiyar, through the videos that follow.

When Dr Krishnan told me to do puja at home in the nineties; when Thavathiru Rengaraja Desigar kept repeating the magnanimity of worship of the Siddhas, himself having set an example for all to follow; when Supramania Swami constantly reminded me to do tavam, so that he could attain higher regions and states; and when Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal initiated me on performing the homam, something I never figured I would do; never did I realize the potential of these puja, worship, tavam, and rituals. It was only when Agathiyar kept reminding me constantly in each Nadi reading, to continue these essential practices no matter what happened, and as he began to explain the subtle aspects of external worship and how it was related to and brought about Atma Balam, and when I began to carry them out as told steadfastly, only then did I realize the full potential of simple home worship of the Siddhas.

Today I am glad many youngsters have taken up worship at AVM, the temples and most importantly in their own homes with their family. I think I have done the given task given most faithfully. It brings me great joy to see my granddaughter join these young souls so early in celebrating the Siddhas.