Wednesday 3 October 2018

THE NADI

I was the normal devotee back then in those days, worshiping all the Gods and Goddesses in the Hindu pantheon at home and often frequenting temples. I had a big appetite to know about the religion and its numerous text, the culture and tradition too. In the age before the advent of the Information Superhighway, as we relied much on books, I used to frequent these bookshops for purchases of religious and spiritual books. I had some well read senior citizens with whom I would engage in discussing religion for hours on hand. But all these reading and talking got me no where. I only got more confused. My queries were answered but these reasoning did not stand up in the face of misery and sufferings that I saw take place around me. I got down to business taking up worship for myself without the need of a middleman or a medium. This brought me peace of mine and sort of disciplined me to wake up early and got me to sit again at sundown daily without fail, to carry out the little home rituals I had learnt.

Then it all stopped as the divine wished. The numerous doors that I had used to enter to satiate my voracious appetite and hunger for spiritual knowledge closed for good for some 14 years. When it was figured that all the reading and learning I did over the years had settled at the bottom of the lake and I was prepared to be fed with a new understanding, the Siddhas came into my life. A single new door was opened. The Nadi was the key to this door. And the year was 2002.

I followed the Nadi to the word, never for once doubting it. I did all the remedies and temple visits mentioned by Agathiyar. He was pleased and began to call me up for more readings on a regular interval.

If everyone including me, who went for a Nadi reading for the first time at least is ask to provide a thumbprint and the birth details to facilitate finding his Nadi leaf, that is not the norm I was soon to find out. If Agathiyar decides he does provide a reading minus this formal procedures.

I had turned up for my regular Nadi reading, weekly at times, on 26 April 2012, at the Nadi Nool Aasan's home upon being called over. The Aasan left me for a while to go get the Nadi from the next room. When he returned he seemed to be in a state of shock and disbelief. He told me that the days reading was for my wife. The whole revelation was for her that day. She was not present, I had not gone to seek her reading, the Aasan did not ask for her thumbprints nor birth details. But the most loving father chose to address his child that day without going through the process or even calling for her presence and attendance. I was very happy for my wife.

I am blessed to have her. She has stayed with me in the worship of the Siddhas since the beginning, attending to all the needs of Agathiyar and his puja. She takes care of every small detail and prepares everything necessary to perform and fulfill the rituals. She attends to all the guest and prepares food for them. Then she washes up and waits eagerly for the next round of puja. 

Agathiyar through this incident has shot down all the misconception and condemnation of the Nadi and its readers telling us that if he chooses he will give a reading without the thumbprint, without the need to know and chart the horoscope, without reading one's face or reading one's mind, without the need to question and gather the facts from the client and disclose it to him as his Nadi revelation - the most common accusations hurled at the Nadi and its readers. 

Both the Nadi Nool Aasan and I were stunned. I presumed an event of this nature had never happened in all the years of the Aasan reading the Nadi for the public.

Along the way Agathiyar reminded me not to belittle the Nadi, pointing out the life of someone I knew who was troubled at that moment in time, mentioning that he was suffering due to his damaging propaganda of the Siddhas Nadi.

Contrary to the well trained Nadi readers from a particular clan in India, I had the privileged to meet a Nadi Nool Aasan who received his Nadi as a gift for his penance and devotion from Agathiyar, when he dropped by AVM some years ago. The Nadi was waiting for him inside a snake's den. Although he reads the Jeeva Nadi at his home, but when he is out, and there was reason for him to read the Nadi for a person, he would either hear the words spoken to him in his ears and relate them to the person, or he could see these words written on the wall behind the person. 

Along the way I learnt that one has to be true to a Nadi source and not go shopping around for other Nadi avenues. Then the readings might vary and bring upon confusion as these Nadis have to be read at the right time, no sooner or not later, for the readings would either be not relevant or become obsolete. Going to a dedicated and genuine reader, one will be guided well by a flow of events, that rightly takes precedence one after the other.

I also learnt that both the reader and the client should be in the proper state of mind for a wonderful and truly meaningful reading. If either were stressed out or not in the proper frame of mind the reading would not be translated well or perceived well, respectively.

Although the Siddhas love very much to guide aspirants who seek gnana or divine knowledge, they do entertain questions pertaining to life, family, studies, career, and even politics to my surprise and that of Bala Aiya.

Both Bala Aiya and I stole some time from a birthday function and puja at the Eco City Agathiyar temple upon summoned for a Nadi reading. As the Aasan was engaged in reading for a client before us, both Bala Aiya and I were diverted to the question if the Siddhas do address politics in their Nadi? When the Aasan came to meet us, we put the question to him too. He said there were several clients of his who came specifically for this purpose and received answers. That surprised both Bala Aiya and me. Once our reading began, after having told us what we needed to know, Agathiyar opened up local politics to us in the Nadi to our amazement! We were dumbfounded!

The Siddhas never fail to amaze us. Life is lively with the Siddhas around us. I thank Erai for bringing us to the folds of the Siddhas.

As a note to end this interesting, mysterious, mystical, and controversial subject of the Nadi, I would like to state that I am not a Nadi reader nor do I have a Nadi in my possession. I only have faith and belief on the tool the Nadi, its authors the Siddhas, and the medium the Nool Aasan.