Saturday 20 October 2018

JOURNEYING WITH AGATHIYAR 2010

When Agathiyar invited me to worship the Siddhas, he paved the way for me to come to his fold without much trouble. Nadi Guru Sentil handed me a booklet that carried a compilation of Siddha names and initiated me with the ritual puja to the Nadi that he read from, and prayers to the Siddhas. Sivabalan who housed Sentil then in 2002, gave me a painting of Agathiyar to worship in my home.

The many talks of Thavathiru Rengaraja Desigar in the video CD's I purchased from the Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam in Dengkil enlightened me further on the subject of the Siddhas.

Agathiyar arranged for me to meet Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal in Malaysia and immediately arranged for an initiation into the Marga for both my wife and me and six others that evening at the Sri Agathiyar Gnana Peedham in Batu Caves.

Tavayogi invited me over to his ashram in Kallar, Kovai, India and subsequently brought me to numerous abodes and temples of the Siddhas opening my eyes to a whole new world of mystery out there. He brought me from tertiary knowledge of the Siddhas to experiencing the Siddhas. He initiated me to start lighting the sacrificial fire or Homam in my home.

After eight years of having his painting at my altar and worship, Agathiyar comes to my home in the form of a bronze statue, and starts me anew on the libation ritual.

I had commissioned Varadaraj of Bronze Creative based in Swamimalai to make Agathiyar's statue and have him delivered (by sea). On completion, Agathiyar was brought over to the Adi Kumbeswarar temple in Kumbakonam,  and puja performed. Bringing him to Chennai to board the ship, Varadaraj engaged in the process to get the relevant papers through and gain approval to ship Agathiyar to us. 

With so many uncertainties, as it was year end and festive season too, officers were on annual and festive leave, and with the new regulation on the part of the authorities to stamp down illegal trafficking of temple statues, we had to get validation from the authorities that Agathiyar was a new statue, we were not sure if Agathiyar would arrive on our shores in time for his Jayanthi on Sunday.

On the night before the following reading (Friday, 1 January 2010), he called me at 7.30 pm and told me the papers went through, but I could not possibly receive delivery of Agathiyar before the Vizha on Sunday, 3 January 2010, with only a day left.

My heart sank. I had sent the word around that there was a surprise awaiting everyone that year. I had passed the word around that Agathiyar would grace our puja in the form of a statue. Now everyone would be disappointed. 

At 9.30 pm Varadaraj called me again, this time to deliver the good news. Agathiyar did a miracle. He had boarded the plane and was destined for Malaysia. My family and I were rejoicing. I could not sleep that night waiting in anticipation to see, receive, hold, and cuddle the masterpiece that Varadaraj had created. Varadaraj asked me to look out for the Delivery Order (D.O) in my e-mail box. I should be able to get delivery of Agathiyar at the Malaysian Airline System's (MAS) Cargo division at 11 am the next day.

I kept checking my e-mail box throughout the morning, but there was no sign of the D.O. Varadaraj tells me after several attempts his mail and D.O did not go through as the net was down. My heart sank again. As it was a Saturday, and with this unanticipated new turn of events and further delay,  I was not sure if I could get delivery of Agathiyar the same day.

That is when Agathiyar summoned me for the following reading. Nadi Guru T.Ramesh called to inform me that there was a message and asked me to go over immediately. It was 12 noon. Agathiyar assured me that he would be at my home for the Vizha.

Rushing home to print a copy of the D.O, my family and I drove to the Airport. It was 2.30 pm. To our relief, the delivery counter of the MAS Cargo division was still open. As I stood in line, a staff from a courier company, who was a regular there, task to clear consignments for his courier company, started small chat. He told me that it could easily take 2 1/2 working days to clear the merchandise, as was the norm. My heart sank again. 

But Agathiyar performed yet another miracle. I cleared the papers within 2 1/2 hours and received delivery of his statue. My family and I knew no bounds in joy and happiness at having received him personally after the ups and downs and numerous uncertainties. I realized then that we would not have appreciated his arrival if he had been shipped ten days earlier and delivered to our doorstep by courier.

Nadi Reading 35 by Agathiyar – 2.1.2010 

Agathiyar reveals the reason he has come to my home in the form of the bronze statue. He reveals the significance of his Jayanthi Puja and asks all present to light a lamp. He assures that their karma shall be burnt. Agathiyar reveals the benefits of performing prayers. 

Nadi Reading 36 by Agathiyar – 31.1.2010 

Agathiyar asks that I continue to be on this path and conduct prayers. He mentions about the prayers conducted during his Jayanthi recently. 

Nadi Reading 37 by Agathiyar – 3.4.2010 

Agathiyar speaks about the prayers and rituals conducted for him (on his statue). He reveals a breathing technique. He asks that I continue prayers and practices.



Nadi Reading 38 by Agathiyar – 12.7.2010 

Agathiyar asks that I spread his teachings through all available means and mediums. Agathiyar talks about the prayers conducted and its benefits. Agathiyar reveals extensive lists of benefits attained from performing and conducting prayers. He reveals the reason he asks that I carry them out. Below is listed the benefits as Agathiyar revealed in the nadi: 

There are many in this world who utter my name (Agathiyar), 
Prayers done truthfully (to Sidhas) shall gain many benefits, 
Prayers shall bring much joy, 
Prayers done moderately but splendidly and honestly shall help protect the world, 
Prayers done with fellow devotees will bring much benefit, 
Many shall rise in stature and power, 
Prayers will lead to a state of bliss, 
Prayers done on full moon days shall strengthen the Jothi within, 
Prayers will help remove doubts, 
Through prayers, one shall attain godhead, 
Strength, grace and wealth shall be gained, 
Stay on this path of devotion and family bond shall be strengthened, 
All that is asked for shall be gained, 
Prayers shall lead to meditation and charitable thoughts, 
All ills shall be removed, 
God shall listen to prayers, 
Idiots shall become geniuses, 
The benefits attained from prayers are indescribable for many changes shall take place. 

Nadi Reading 39 by Agathiyar – 9.8.2010 

Agathiyar asks to carry on prayers. He mentions that I had moved him to devotees homes and conducted group prayers. He says he shall open his eyes in his statue and create other miracles too.


Nadi Reading 40 by Agathiyar – 17.10.2010 

Agathiyar asks to continue prayers. He asks that I perform charity too. Agathiyar tells me Annette Cleveland too has his blessings as I have been corresponding with her lately. He asks that I spread the message of the Sidhas. Agathiyar says it is possible to achieve all the benefits derived from Hatha Yoga through prayers. 

He says from this point on he was relaying the messages from Ganapati Dasar. Ganapati was pleased that I had assumed Agathiyar as Ganapati and performed the Puja, Abhisegam and Homam for him (Ganapati) on his Chathurthy. "This is the truth and how it is. We are all one", he says. Agathiyar reveals that just as all of creation is within him, he too is within all creation. He says he shall take on the form of whoever we chose to see. Agathiyar also mentions his devotee Navarani and says that she has his blessing too.