Sunday 7 October 2018

SECRETS OF LIFE

Walking the path of the Siddha is walking a journey of experiences with a new understanding and perspective. Walking the path is accepting all that comes our way, facing it, shouldering it, and sailing through with the help of the Siddhas. Walking the path is accepting the hands of the Siddhas to take us to new and exciting frontiers.

I had brought upon myself an excruciating pain in my lower back and buttocks that shot through the thighs and my right leg by the mere action of forcibly coughing out sputum while cleaning my mouth and washing up in the shower. 

Recently again I brought upon myself an exact excruciating pain in the exact spot by the mere action of, this time, sneezing while crossing the street. 

I knew then that the action of coughing and again sneezing had triggered the pull on the nerve in my back that ran through my leg. Serving the net I find out that it is possible to trigger pain in the sciatica nerve in this manner.  
The pain from sciatica is felt along the path of the sciatic nerve and can be felt deep in the buttock, with pain that travels down the back of the leg, sometimes to the foot. The pain can be accompanied by tingling, ‘pins and needles’, or numbness, and sometimes by muscular weakness in the leg. Sciatica is usually felt in only one leg at a time. Sometimes, a sensation like an electric shock can be felt along the nerve. The nerve pain can range from a mild ache to incapacitating pain. Sciatic nerve pain is often felt when you sneeze, cough, go to the toilet, or when you’re sitting, and may be accompanied by lower back pain.
(Source: http://www.mydr.com.au/sports-fitness/sciatica-symptoms-causes-and-diagnosis)

These were external reasons or causes that initiated an event to happen as seen and felt by us. When I referred to Agathiyar in the first instance he had given me another reason for the pain and discomfort I was having. He spoke about the chakras and the movement of subtle energies, which cannot be seen or measured by instruments, that were the cause of my misery. Although externally the cough triggered the chain of reactions, the cough was in turn the result of certain happenings in the subtle body. Again Agathiyar tells me the subtle or suksma reasons for the pain and suffering I endured when a sneeze froze me while crossing.

We would generally seek treatment according to the physical symptoms, signs and causes that triggered the pain. The Siddhas scanned through the other realm for reasons for our suffering and pain in the physical world. This is where we are told about our karma of past lives that manifest in the physical plane as illness, disease pain and sufferings. This is where we are told about the mystical changes that are taking place in the subtle body that affects us physically, as pain and suffering initially and then bliss and joy later.

I was told that whatever inventions or discoveries in this physical world, has already been done in the other realm, call it astral, suksma, subtle, parallel etc. I am beginning to realize that even the day to day routines of ours, and sometimes unexpected tragedies and accidents, and natural calamities too have taken place in that mystical realm before we actually face it here. With worship and prayers to the divine, the divine then has an opportunity to right the wrong, lessen its effects, adjust and tamper with its intensity in the realm where it originates before leasing the full force of it on us in the physical world.

What surprised me was that austerities or tapas in the physical world is continued in the astral world after physical death. What surprised me further was that tapas in the waking state is continued in the dream state too.