The end was already made known to us by Tavayogi at the beginning of this journey; it was just that we could not comprehend it back then. Today we fully understand it after having those experiences. He had autographed my copy of his book, mentioning ஆண்டவன் உரைகின்ற இடம் தங்கள் உள்ளம். அதுவே பயணத்தின் தொடக்கமும் முடிவும். இன்புற்று வாழ்க - தவயோகி தங்கராசன் அடிகளார், 31.5.2007, which, when translated, would mean, "God resides in your heart; that is the starting point of the journey, and the end too." If it is said that Lord Muruga took flight on his peacock to gain Gnanam, battling Surapadman and turning into the mendicant Supramaniar, his sibling, Lord Ganesa, sat at his father's feet and gained it instantly. It resonates with the koan "First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is."
During the Tang Dynasty, the Chinese Ch’an master Qingyuan Weixin famously wrote:“Before I had studied Ch’an for thirty years, I saw mountains as mountains, and rivers as rivers. When I arrived at a more intimate knowledge, I came to the point where I saw that mountains are not mountains, and rivers are not rivers. But now that I have got its very substance, I am at rest. For it’s just that I see mountains once again as mountains, and rivers once again as rivers.” (Source: https://tricycle.org/magazine/first-there-mountain-then-there-no-mountain/)
First we saw the mountain and began to climb it. Once atop its peak, where did the mountain go? We looked outside for the divine, seeing him as separate from us in the beginning, and after traveling the hills and dales, seeking and searching for him, we realized that he was all along with us, in us, and we in him.
The last Nadi reading days after Sivarathri was an eye-opener. Agathiyar, who charted my destiny, concluded it too, bringing it to a close. I wonder if there is another phase awaiting.