Wednesday, 9 September 2026

THE SAVIOR

Traveling with the Siddhas, we soon learned that anything is possible with them around. We can recap many incidents that blew our minds.

Albert Einstein is quoted as saying the following on miracles. 

There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle.

I opted to believe in the latter. I see everything as a miracle and believe that he has a hand in it, good or bad. If it was good, it meant that our judgement was right. If it turned out otherwise, we have learned a lesson and should be wiser in the future. Be it a good venture or a poor investment that brought on huge losses, a great choice or a mismatch, joy and bliss or misery and pain, etc it is all on either side of the coin.

Reading my blog, someone asked me, "How does Agathiyar come to you?" He comes in mysterious ways. Ways that we cannot comprehend. To understand his presence, one has to be willing to believe in miracles and have faith in him. The Siddhas say believe and it shall happen while man chooses to only believe after it happens. The mind and the power of thought of the Siddhas supersede even the physical, bending things as desired. 

A child says of those who opt not to believe in miracles, "It's okay, Mum. They get there when they get there."

Showing up in the strangest ways and places, even through passers-by, miracles are surely God's way of letting us know that he is there for us, says the mom of the child to the congregation at church. 

(Source: https://www.scripts.com/script/miracles_from_heaven_13818)

When Supramania Swami and I chanted Yogi Ramsuratkumar’s name, the Yogi joined us in the chant! After ten minutes into the chanting, I heard a third voice accompany Swami and me in chanting his mantra, YOGI RAMSURATKUMARA, YOGI RAMSURATKUMARA, YOGI RAMSURATKUMARA, JAYA GURURAYA. No one was at Swami’s kudil then except for both of us. Later, Supramania Swami told me the Yogi had appeared and chanted with us! It is amazing to realize that the Yogi joined us after he had gone into samadhi! If Supramania Swami brought his guru, who had gone into samadhi, to chant with us in 2005, the Yogi brought Supramania Swami along when he came through a devotee during a 2024 Sivarathri Puja at my home.

When we went to distribute groceries, cooked food, and clothes to the poor, asking them to gather at a temple just some meters away from their flats, we needed some tables to lay out our wares. There were two that stood upright and another two left horizontal. We brought down the tables that were upright and laid them alongside the other two. After distributing all the groceries, food, and clothes we brought along and having participated in the evening prayers, we prepared to leave. I was introduced to the temple chairman then. After a small chat, I asked him if we should put the tables upright again as we found them or leave them as they were. The temple chairman went into panic mode, realizing that we had moved the upright tables. It seems the two upright tables were holding up that portion of the roof! Phew! How were we supposed to know? Thank God the roof did not collapse. What had held it up? 

When my second daughter, as a child, was complaining of pain in the throat, the doctors examined her and could not find anything wrong with her. We brought her to the Buddhist Maha Vihara in Brickfields. We were blessed to have the Chief High Priest, the late Venerable Dr. K. Sri Dhammananda Nayaka Maha Thera, see us personally. After hearing us out, he placed his hand slightly above her head and hummed the "m" syllable and sound in the last portion of the Pranava AUM for some moments. She was relieved of the pain.

I too received my dose of miraculous cures each time I felt sick, not at the hospital but through a Chinese neighbor who went into a trance, chanting in Chinese, and hitting his back with the sword that he held, would later dip a brush into red ink and write Chinese characters on a strip of yellow paper, burn it, collect the ash in a glass of water, and have me drink it. I would be cured. How do you explain this? Dr. Masaru Emoto's findings that the energy of thoughts, words, and music affects the molecular structure of water held sway.

Dr. Masaru Emoto, after extensive research, believes that the energy of thoughts, words, and music affects the molecular structure of water.

When I was in pain in 2018, after the Kundalini began to cleanse my chakras, Lord Muruga came simultaneously in the Nadi and through a devotee, stroked my body with peacock feathers, had all those gathered chant the Arutperunothi mantra, and had me drink the glass of energized water. The pain went away. 

Again, Dr. Masaru Emoto's findings that the energy of thoughts, words, and music affects the molecular structure of water held water.

When my elder daughter broke her tibia and fibula bones in her right leg after a car rammed into her while riding pillion, the doctor at the emergency ward suggested cast immobilization, where they wrap her leg in a cast and let nature heal her in due course, which he said, given her age, should be in three months. But as she happened to fall in the category of the unfortunate 5 % where there is non-union, there was no new bone growth even after four months. Just as when we thought that we had no other option but to have the doctor perform Open Reduction and Internal Fixation, where he would operate on her and place a titanium plate, something we prayed we did not want to see happen, the doctor brought up another option. It was a simple procedure where "autologous platelet-rich-plasma from a small sample of her blood is injected into the point of injury, prompting healing effects caused by growth factors released from the platelets." This news brought us joy and hope. The doctor was willing to do the procedure, but we had to pay to have the machine that segregates and separates the components of blood brought in. We took up this option, happy that she would not have to undergo open surgery. She walks well, thanks to science and the Siddhas. The doctors did their part with utmost dedication, treating her carefully, trying to avoid an operation at all costs, preferring to wait for Mother Nature to work her wonders. But when there was no positive development, they began to take other appropriate measures and options. We, on our part, prayed that she should respond well to the treatment and that she should begin to walk without any form of deformity in her legs. My daughter began writing Dhanvantari's mantra in a note daily. An aunt of hers brought back the sacred prasad, sesame oil used during libation or abhisegam on Lord Dhanvantari from his temple in Chennai, to be applied externally. Agathiyar also assured us in the Nadi that he was there for her and had asked us to refrain from being tempted to seek other forms of alternative treatment, but rather to continue treatment in the government hospital. He assured us that there would not be any major surgery but instead only a minor procedure.

My wife, who was initially diagnosed as having gastric issues and was treated for it at clinics in the vicinity each time the pain came on, was eventually told by a doctor who was doing locum at a clinic in her hometown of the possibility that it could be gallbladder stones that were causing her pain. The doctor who was in the surgical department at a nearby hospital suspected right. It turned out to be true after further tests were conducted at a hospital back home in the city. Agathiyar gave the go-ahead in the Nadi reading that was read over the telephone as I waited anxiously outside the hospital. When my wife was waiting to be brought to another hospital specializing in this procedure over a weekend, the waiting, which could easily take some 10 days according to those already waiting in line, was cut short to three days by the timely intervention of a senior doctor. She was operated on, and her gallbladder was removed.

When my younger daughter was diagnosed with retinal detachment in a private eye care center, the doctor immediately referred us to the specialists in a government hospital. She was attended to the same day, when her good eye was laser-treated immediately as a precaution, and the other was operated on within days. 

When she came down with dengue, Agathiyar conveyed a message to us in a Nadi reading that Surendran was having in Chennai, telling us that both he and Tirumular were at her bedside and had increased the platelet count. She was warded for a night and discharged the next day. 

When I came down with dengue fever a year later, I had to be warded for 4 days since I had fallen several times. The doctors wanted to make sure that I did not succumb to any head injuries or concussions. 

When I had my eyes checked too, after my daughter went through the operation, I was told that I had cataracts in both my eyes. This came as a surprise, as I had good vision, though I wore glasses. Contemplating whether I should wait a while, as it was no emergency compared to that of my daughter, Agathiyar drove me to have it done, and at the private clinic, by giving me irritation and grittiness in both my eyes that were cause for concern. The irritation and grittiness surprisingly went away after I had the first eye done. 

We saw Agathiyar's hands in all of these miracles. He would have us seek allopathy and, at other times, seek Siddha medicine and treatment. Now I understand why Tavayogi, brushing away troubles, lawsuits, sabotage, and dangers, was firm in his stand, saying that Agathiyar shall take care. He instilled the same in us: to have faith in him, and he shall care for us.

If those were medical miracles, how do we explain Agathiyar opening his eyes in his granite stone at Agasthiyampalli and Papanasam in 2005? Sincere devotion over the years made him open his eyes again in his bronze statue at AVM in 2013. 

They carry out miracles through us too, as when our thoughts are centered on him 24/7, we become vehicles and conduits for their thoughts, speech, and actions. I guess this is what Agathiyar means when he asks how long I wanted to remain as Shanmugam Avadaiyappa, saying that I needed to drop this identity that was holding me back and move into their fold. I guess this is the reason Agathiyar said that Bhogar was asking to come within me, to carry out treatment (for others). 

"Bhogar is lamenting that he does not have a disciple like you. He is asking to come within you, to carry out treatment (for others). How can I allow him? You are mine."

Bhogar came to address my daughter, telling her that 

"I shall heal others through your father. Ask those who come to hug your father. Your father shall not heal. I shall heal through him. Prapanjam shall heal."