If I had written extensively about my gurus and other masters in this blog and later compiled them into several books too, Agathiyar had me write about myself too. If the late Dr Krishnan, looking through my horoscope and the stars in the nineties, told me that I shall write one day, that day came when I made my maiden pilgrimage to India in 2003.
I reproduce below my first notes and entry on my website indianheartbeat about my encounter and meeting with Thavathiru Rengaraja Desigar on day 5 of my maiden pilgrimage to India.
I left for Turaiyur at 3.40 pm, hoping to get a darshan and blessings of Rengaraaja Desigar Swamigal, founder and patron of the Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam, at Ongkara Kudil, Turaiyur. I specifically wanted to come here. I had high regard for the Swami, as his Nadi revelations were published by his organization, carried praises for the Swami from the Siddhas.
I reached his ashram at 5 pm. I was welcomed by Nadarajah. On hearing that I was from Malaysia, he was overjoyed. He had very high respect for Malaysians. He said, “All this is only possible because of you Malaysians”, pointing to all the structures and facilities put up with donations from Malaysians. I enquired if I could see the Swami. I was told he would be coming in a short while for the evening prayers at 6.30 pm and that I could see him then. While I waited, I was served tea.
After a while, Nadarajah told me Swami was coming over to meet a couple of businessmen. I was allowed to meet the Swami after them. But before that, Nadarajah personally took me around to view all the facilities that they had at the ashram, which help feed the poor. As he ended the tour of the office, kitchen, and stores and other related buildings, he gasped aloud to find that the two visitors had left. He hurried me along to a building, praying that Swami should still be around to see me.
And there was Rengaraaja Desigar seated alone on the floor in one corner of a small room. There was an aide in attendance standing at the doorway to another room. I entered the room and prostrated in front of the Swami. Deva followed too. Nadarajah introduced me to Swami. Swami talked cheerfully about Kuala Lumpur and enquired of Deva about my arrangements to tour India. I never expected to have an audience with Swami one-to-one.
I asked that he bless me. There was no response to my request. Fearing he might not have heard me, I repeated my request. Finally, the Swami replied that coming to Ongkara Kudil in itself was a blessing. I did not know how to receive his answer then. I told myself there could be many reasons for the Swami not to bless me, as did the other Gurus. I began to question myself if I was not worthy enough to receive his blessings.
Nadarajah invited me to stay overnight, but I had to turn it down because of prior arrangements to do parikaaram back at the Utamar temple.
Upon returning to Malaysia, I narrated my visit to Ongkara Kudil and my audience with Swami to the devotees at Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam in Dengkil, and they were surprised that I was allowed to see Swami that easily and in private. I was told the organization had laid certain rules to restrict the inflow of devotees coming to see Swami, which was taking much of Swami’s time and hindering his meditation. Devotees were required to bring along fruits and flowers that were customary when visiting Swamis and cash of Rs. 1,000. It did not occur to me to bring these offerings, nor did Nadarajah enlighten me on the procedures. I suppose I was destined to meet the Swami.
Read further at https://agathiyarvanam.blogspot.com/2020/03/a-journal-of-my-journey-of-discovery.html
On my second pilgrimage to India, in 2005, Tavayogi took me around this time. I kept notes again, which caught Tavayogi's attention seeking him to ask me what I was doing. I soon wrote about him and spread his name to all the nook and corners of the world, as he mentioned gratefully on his last visit to Malaysia in 2016 before he passed away.
Then the shift was from Tavayogi's Kallar Ashram to the many activities that Agathiyar rolled out for us at my home, which took on the name of the Kallar Ashram site, Agathiyar Vanam. Soon, Agathiyar asked that I write about the changes that took place within me. And so I did share it all.
As of late the tightness around my hips came back. As I needed a good body massage I took the opportunity to ask Siddha physician Ariwananthen Aiya to give me one. As he had only time to massage my head and upper torso I asked Balamurugan to do the rest as I was putting up with him that night. He tells me that he had hardly started when the Siddhas came and carried on working on me. He stepped aside and watched. There was much wind expelled. There is much heat within that I have small boils appearing. on my head.
If I had been a keen reader of others' writings back then, I guess others are reading my writings now too. Thank you very much.