Thursday 11 September 2014

ARUTPA







These are the songs that introduced me to Ramalinga Adigal. Sethu from my office gave me a cassette one day. He had been given this cassette by his friend. I took it back home and listened to it. I was amazed. It was truly beautiful. I went looking for the full volume on cassette. I found them at Melody Audio Video Centre at Leboh Ampang. I came back with whatever collection of Ramalinga Adigal's THIRUARUTPA, I could lay my hands on and played them to my hearts content.

I went looking for Ramalinga Adigal's books. I was shown a last copy of Ooran Adigal's publication of the THIRUARUTPA at Manonmani. This two volumes of the complete works of Ramalinga Adigal made me even more happier. 

My sister and brother-in-law gifted me with Ooran Adigal publication of Ramalinga Adigal's URAI NADAI PAGUTHI, which they purchased at Vadalur. I was in joy upon receiving it as I had been searching for a copy of this book.  

Later at Vadalur, I was handed a soiled and tattered book as I was browsing through the books on sale just outside Sathya Gnana Sabai. Swami Saravanananda's beautiful explanation of Ramalinga Adigal's hymn the Arutperunjothi Agaval exalted me into further joy. 

Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal told me later in Malaysia that listening to these THIRUARUTPA songs itself will uplift and enlighten us. Thank you to all these good souls who have brought joy into my life.