Wednesday 9 March 2016

AGATHIYAR & THE SIDDHAS IN MALAYSIA

When Agathiyar called me over to India in 2005 and showed me numerous miracles, he also promised to show them once I returned to Malaysia. True to his words he had been performing them till this moment.

Nathan who went to India quite recently, was blessed with a Jeeva Nadi reading at Kallar Ashram. Agathiyar among many things, to our surprise, mentioned about a cave in Sungai Siput where his presence will be shown to devotees. What surprised me further was that I had been traveling to and fro from Sungai Siput since 1989 after my marriage with my wife of Sungai Siput, and I was not aware of this cave until now.  

Taking the message from Nathan as a cue for me to visit the cave, my family and I wondered who was going to bring us there when we arrived in Sungai Siput on Monday. What do you know, we met the temple administrator in a restaurant the following day. My father-in-law introduced us to him. We indicated our desire to visit the cave and he immediately agreed to take us there later in the evening. 

He drove us to the cave and introduced us to the temple priests who took us on a tour of the cave and the Sri Shiva Shanmugar temple within its walls. We were overwhelmed by the kindness of these souls who took us on a guided tour of the temple and briefed us on its origin and greatness. We are greatly indebted to Thiru Narayanan, the temple administrator and the kind priest and his assistant.

We were informed: that the cave was submerged under the sea during times immemorial and was only exposed once the sea waters resided. There were visible remains of sea shells, corals and fossils to substantiate this claim; that Agathiyar and the Siddhas were present in this spot; that there were documentations at Kumbakonam in India, dating thousands of years back, about Agathiyar mentioning this Guhan Alayam; and mention of Siddhas ever present and living here including Chitramuthu Adigal having meditated here on the Suyambu Atmalingam and the five faced Nagam that stood guard. Incidentally Chitramuthu Adigal is the guru of Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal. We were blessed to be shown the spot where Chitramuthu Adigal had sat in meditation.

I shall upload the video clip of our trip to this cave temple on YouTube once its edited and produced. Meanwhile here are some links relating to this magnificent temple.