Wednesday 10 August 2016

GRATITUDE

I asked to see him when he was in Malaysia in July of 2005. We met in the morning where he welcomed me into the Siddha path after I read out the transcript of my Kaanda Nadi reading asking me to come to the path and in the evening he gave me and my wife Kara Teecha or initiation, without us asking for it. He stepped into our humble home on 31st July 2005 accepting our invitation. He met my mother while at my home. He invited me over to his ashram in Kallar which I did go to a month after his departure. 

I boarded the plane for India on 16 September 2005. On 18 September I made my way to Kallar. He decided to take me to Sivan Malai and Sivavakiyar's cave; Uthiyur and Konganar's cave and Chennimalai and Pinnakeesar's cave. On 20 September he brought me to meet three living gurus in Ooty. The next day we spent the whole day at the ashram where he shared many of his experiences including how he installed the Aaru Aadhara Peedham; he spoke about his Paramaguru Jaganatha Swamigal, his Guru Chitramuthu Adigal and his comrade Arutprakasa Swamigal. We went downtown to Methupalaiyam to purchase vegetables for the annadhanam the next day. He exhibited all the Nadis he had in his possession. On 22 September, he conducted a prayer followed by annadhanam. That night, we sat together to plan our itinerary according to Agathiyar's instruction to visit Agasthiyampalli, Vedharanyam, Pothigai, Courtallam, and Palani as in the Aasi Kaandam. Along the way we stopped at Breehadeshwarar Temple and Karuvurar's Samadhi; Saraswathy Mahal; and Marudamalai and Pambatti Siddhas cave.

I left Kallar on 29 September. I spent 12 days with him. Later in 2013 I spent 5 days with him again in Kallar, bringing my family along.

Never once in the 11 years that I knew Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal did he ask me about my parents, occupation nor about myself.

He surprised me when he asked my age suddenly out of the blues while at Sri Balachander's residence recently. Hence I began to narrate about me and went on to speak about my parents too.

That is when he said that he had always wondered what brought me to the path. Now he knew he said. When I was with Supramania Swami in Thiruvannamalai, Swami asked for my date of birth and time and being an astrologer himself, began to draw up my astrological chart. He told me he wanted to know why I was there with him at that moment of time.

My late father was born in India, traveled to Burma, Ceylon, Singapore and finally settled in Malaya, attending to his business. During the Japanese invasion of Malaya, the continuous train of bullets from a plane overhead missed him by inches while he hit the dirt and lay still on the ground clutching 2 bags of cash in his hands having just come out of the bank. That is when he realized that the money he had would not be of much use if even a stray bullet had hit him that moment. He turned his attention to Erai and eraivazhipaadu. He began to distribute his wealth to all who came to him for aid. At one period of his life, he left the family to stay at an ashram in India and attend to the needs of the Guru. One fine day the Guru called him over and reminded him that he had many responsibilities back home and asked him to return. He consoled him that they shall meet again once he settles his duties to the family. My father passed away peacefully in our home on the lap of my mother in 1991. Just before he left his body he went into a corner of the hall and sat in padmasana pose. When my mother stretched his legs out, he fell over onto her lap.

"You have that DNA in you", exclaimed Tavayogi when he heard me relate my father's spiritual journey.

I am here now because of you, Amma and Appa and my ancestors. Thank you very much. No amount of words can replace my love and gratitude to you.

My late father Amarar S.N. Avadaiyappa Chettiar & my grandparents


Muruga Saranam. Agatheesa Saranam. Guruve Saranam.