Tuesday 9 May 2017

At the sacred feet of Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal

A devotee of Agathiyar traveled all the way to Kallar Ashram from her hometown in South Africa to spend some time with Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal. She sent me the following piece.

Fond is my memory of that crisp December morn
You strolled with me around the ashram splendor
Like a little child ecstatic to be at your side
Never can forget that sweet scent of sandal

Your words flowed with kindness and  affection
Your aura, your special attention
A time so precious, a place so enchanting
Could it be real, or was it surreal

The heart pounded in restless anticipation
To behold your gaze, such untold gratification
A spot at your feet, for just a moment so complete
The heart’s endless desirous struggle

Who dwells behind those saffron robes?
Could it be so, I long to know?
You laugh at me for it is all child’s play
Alert I must be or you win over me

Elated you are when you lose
For then, your precious feet I have glimpsed
Igniting a memory, stirring an emotion
The laughter behind it’s no longer a game

Quick is your retreat for I may not let go
Smooth is your retreat for you may not let go
Forget me not is what you said
Your words ring true in my head

Alone on earth I could never be
As long as the heartstrings pull
In front of me forever thy shall be
A sweet promise to me upheld by thee

Just a little something for our swami. He gives so much of himself to everyone. He has given so much to me. What could I possibly give back, other than what lies in the heart? I am so grateful for every moment at his feet. This has been my experience with swami hence I remain anonymous. I am sure everyone who had the blessing to meet with him will have a different divine personal experience.

(Unknown)