Friday 13 October 2017

TAKING A STAND

Whenever people who know me and my blog speak to me they quickly add a reminder not to post what was being said. They obviously knew that I would share it on my blog. I followed their asking. 

But I do know what to share and what not to share. There are many things spoken, discussed that I have refrained from sharing.

There are many revelations made by Agathiyar with a note saying that it was a secret and was to be kept close to my chest. I followed his asking. There were many things he said, that I have yet to share, thinking it was not the right time yet or refrained from sharing if it could cause further confusion and the likes. Then Agathiyar once told me that I was good at keeping secrets. I immediately had a question in me. Was what I did right keeping the secret? Or was I to reveal it which I did not? Then he clarifies that I did right by not revealing. There were many instances when he would say certain beliefs and practices were not right but would add, "Let it be." He does not change things unless very necessary. In short, he does not mess around in another's life. He lets the cycle of life go on without disturbing the flow. Both Ramana and the Yogi took on the illness without seeking remedies until their disciples forced them to look into it. They let whatever appeared to take its course. It is said that an author wrote the biography of Ramana and sought his approval. The saint read through the draft completely and gave his consent. An aid while flipping through the draft later questioned Ramana how was it he had approved it when there was mention of him having married? The saint replied, "Let it be." 

Agathiyar once told me, "Nee perumaiyudan valnthaal naan perumaiyudan vaalven", literally asking me to, "Walk tall with dignity and pride." 

I took up his offer to follow his path some 15 years back. He has kept me and my family and friends well till now. We are grateful to him. If at all I am thrown into the dungeon tomorrow or come down with a critical illness or were to meet with an accident let it be known that it is not because of coming into this path. The path has kept us well until this very moment. If I was to leave this mortal frame this moment I shall leave satisfied and at peace. Agathiyar has kept me hale, healthy, and alive 58 years which is a miracle. Sorrow came sweeping and went by but we survived those moments with his help. Danger came confronting us but he was there to protect us. Confusion set in slowly bringing disillusion but he was there to clear it. Illness crept unknowingly but he was there to check it. The sadness appeared momentarily but he was there to cheer us up. Above and beyond these momentary trying moments he blessed us with bliss and joy, bringing us to states of exaltation. That would suffice for this birth. That itself is a blessing. We expect nothing else. 

Isaignani Illayaraja wrote a song in which he questions if it was because of a desire having cropped up in him, while in the kingdom of Shiva, that he was reborn here. Then we go on accumulating new desires that take hold of us bringing us to create fresh karma while in pursuit of these desires. Then these unfulfilled desires will be the very seeds or vasanas for another birth again. The cycle goes on and on. Drop those desires for they are the reason to be born again and again. Be satisfied with what comes your way for the Lord has provided for you and your family according to what you deserve. Do not take another's share but instead share your stake with him. He has placed us here for a reason to find out why we are here and live that life well. That is all there is to it.