Tuesday 12 August 2014

THE COMING OF THE AGE OF THE SIDDHAS (PART 1)

When I spoke to Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal a couple of days ago, he mentioned that many devotees had arrived at his ashram doors in Kallar after viewing and reading this blog. I listened with apprehension not knowing if it was a compliment or if my action in promoting the ashram was not favored by Tavayogi. I asked if I was right in promoting the ashram. I feared the public and the publicity might intrude into the privacy much sought by Tavayogi. Tavayogi answered "Nadathunga Magane" giving the go ahead.

The ashram in the beginning years
Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal at the end of his 13 year search for answers throughout the length and breadth of India, wanted to go into Samadhi. He put forward his wish to Agathiyar some thirteen years back. He was finally instructed to seek a place known as Agathiyar Vanam. Tavayogi asked around about Agathiyar Vanam and was pointed to Kallar. Initially upon arrival he stayed at a run down temple in the vicinity.






Agathiyar did not approve of Tavayogi going into samadhi as yet until he had had helped many souls come to the path of the Siddhas. Agathiyar had other plans for Tavayogi.

Along the way the local village head invited him to put up a shed at the present site of the ashram. As days went by, the public and devotees helped towards building a proper building. Tavayogi started performing charity by feeding the poor, the disabled, the underprivileged, the locals, the natives, and the visitors to the ashram with donations from the public and well wishers. He purchased and distributed clothing and stationary for the local kids too.

This building later housed the Aaru Aadhaara Peedham, a granite structure that was placed on the directive of Agathiyar.

The Aaru Aadhaara Peedham at Kallar
Agathiyar instructed Tavayogi to go to Malaysia in 2004 and spread the teachings of the Siddhas. Tavayogi made another visit to Malaysia the following year. I met him during this visit and followed him to Kallar a couple of months after his departure. Tavayogi came back in 2007 to officiate the First World Conference of Siddha Philosophy held in Kuala Lumpur. Tavayogi and his  able aid and disciple Mataji Sarojini Ammaiyaar came back to Malaysia several times after that, officiating numerous Peedhams or establishments and conducting seminars, pattimandrams, holding talks and preaching the Siddha path.

Mataji Sarojini Ammaiyaar who was in dire straits came to Tavayogi. Tavayogi pointed her to his guru Chitramuthu Adigal. Chitramuthu Adigal blessed her that she would become a great orator which she eventually became! Mataji has helped spread the teachings of the Siddhas both at home and abroad.

A local Tamil daily MAKKAL OSAI reports on the 1st World Conference of Siddha Philosophy held in Malaysia 
Tavayogi at his Paramaguru Sri Jeganatha Swamigal's samadhi in Malaysia
Tavayogi and Mataji in Malaysia
Meanwhile devotees installed the 6 1/2 feet tall fiber statue of Agathiyar, and another of Thava Murugar at the ashram in Kallar. Lord Shiva was then worshiped in the form of a Shivalingam formed of a 1 1/2 tall rudraksham weighing 7 kg, handed to Tavayogi by a mysterious sadhu in the early morning hours just a couple of days before the annual Guru Puja Vizha or celebrations.

The mystical rudraksham that is worshipped as a Shivalingam at Kallar
Later Tavayogi was directed to place a statue of Agathiyar in the hills of Kallar too. This place known as Mulasthaanam was the very spot Agathiyar had given Tavayogi his darshan.

Agathiyar in the hills of Kallar
Many a times, Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigalaar and Mataji Sarojini Ammaiyaar have extolled the significance of the Kallar hills where their ashram the Sri Agathiyar Sri Thava Murugar Gnana Peedham is situated. Kallar is mentioned in Agathiyar 12,000.

Maarupadaa Kallaru Malaiyum Appa

Magatthaana Chitraalan (Agathiyar) Malaithaanaagum

Aarupadai Suzhnthathoru Tirivaan Kaaval

Appane Supramaniar Malaiyumaamay
The Kallaru hills is Agathiyar's abode and Supramaniar's too, reveals Agathiyar in this verse from his work Agathiyar 12,000.

The verse from Agathiyar's 12,000 that extols the significance of Kallar


Tavayogi and his ashram in the earlier days
Tavayogi's ashram in the present day
The Kallar Hills. Photo courtesy of Kumaresen
Tavayogi was instructed to perform the annual Sarva Dosa Nivarana Maha Yagam to help devotees 'burn' away their karmas by participating in the Yagam or the lighting of the sacrificial fire conducted at the ashram grounds. Agathiyar too mentions in my Nadi reading that by conducting Yagam or a smaller version of it, the Homam, it was possible to rid of one's karma. Tavayogi initiated me to start performing the Homam too.

Tavayogi performing the Homam in Malaysia

Tavayogi has put into place and as a practice, these divine directives of Agathiyar for the good of man and his kind.

Believing that all this good work towards bringing mankind into the fold of the Siddhas has to be publicized and promoted, I started posting them on my numerous websites. Once when a stranger ridiculed  a photo of my first guru Supramania Swami, I decided that I shall close all the sites and save my gurus from further humiliation. Many devotees e-mailed me to ask about the whereabouts of Kallar and mentioned their intention to seek out Tavayogi and Agathiyar. Along the way I feared that visitors to Kallar might intrude into the privacy of Tavayogi. This was another reason that prompted me to shut down the sites.

I informed Tavayogi of my actions. Tavayogi asked why I did that and continued saying, "Let it be" (to continue posting). It was about this moment when Agathiyar too in his Nadi revelation complimented me on my efforts in spreading the messages of the Siddhas and asked that I continued! Agathiyar indicated that I shall write books too, the very motivational words that got me back on my track. And so I began building the websites and this blog again from scratch.

While traveling with Tavayogi in Malaysia, he once told me that I should speak on Agathiyar and the Siddhas, which came as a surprise to me. With limited knowledge on the Siddhas, I was the least qualified to do so having only come to this path quite recently.

While I accompanied Tavayogi to officiate a Peedham in Banting, Tavayogi as usual spoke for some time on the Siddhas. After ending his speech he surprised me by announcing that I shall speak on the Siddhas. I was dumbfounded and speechless. I gestured to him that I did not want to. But as he and all those gathered around waited patiently for me to say something, I brought up the courage to start with Tavayogi himself, a subject I knew about. A few minutes into the speech, I figured how I was to escape this humongous task. I very cleverly thought I shall start singing the Arutperunjhoti Mantra and get everyone to join in, thus escaping from having to talk further! And that's what I did too!

Agathiyar came into our life's and our hearts in 2002 and he most graciously stepped into our home, Agathiyar Vanam in the form of a bronze statue in 2010. He arranged for his statue to be taken to Karai and have a libation on a massive level done for him, all to our surprise. He had performed miracles in Malaysia too just has he had promised.

Libation to Agathiyar conducted in Karai


In 2011, I made acquaintances with Jnana Jyothi Amma from the USA through the e-mail. After a few months she made a visit to Kallar that changed her life for good. She was directed both by Agathiyar and Tavayogi to spread the messages of Agathiyar and the Siddhas in the west! She did just that!

Bala Chandran and Surendaran Selvaratnam too visited Kallar bringing back images of the ashram and it's activities. From the comfort of my home I began building this blog with all the video footage, pictures and materials on the ashram provided by Jnana Jyothi Amma, Bala and Suren.

Agathiyar and the Siddhas never stopped us from promoting or publicizing their works, their teachings, their messages and the many miracles they performed for their devotees. On the contrary, Agathiyar and the Siddhas have complimented us on this divine venture.

Now we are told that this the the Gnana Sidhar Kaalam or the coming of the age of the Siddhas! Agathiyar has already made his presence known to many. Agathiyar has addressed many through the numerous Nadi readings. Agathiyar has sent out pertinent messages to the public through the Jeeva Nadi revelations by the late Jeeva Nadi Guru of Chennai and the Jeeva Nadi in the possession of Tavayogi. Agathiyar has addressed the public and has cleared their doubts through question and answer sessions. Velayudham Karthikeyan too has posted extensively on Agathiyar and the Jeeva Nadi on his blog at http://siththanarul.blogspot.com/ that has a huge following.

It is only right that we do not withhold the tide of Gnanam that has been unleashed by these Siddhas for the benefit of mankind to awaken them from their slumber. If the Siddhas wish to educate mankind who are we to stop their divine mission?