Saturday 1 August 2015

A UNIVERSAL PRAYER PART 1

In a earlier story the master who was an enlightened soul, continued performing the ritual of lighting 108 lamps without fail every evening. After spending a night with the master, the seeker who was initially against rituals experienced the Divine and ended wanting to light up the lamps too. 

Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal who wanted to go into samadhi, had initially advocated the path of gnana asking us to step out of temple worship. But surprisingly Agathiyar who had directed him to Agathiyar Vanam Kallar to set up an ashram and a 6 Aathara Peedham, had devotees contribute life-size statues of Agathiyar and Thava Murugan, and had had a sadhu deliver a huge rudraksha to be worshiped as a Shivalingam. Today Tavayogi is in the midst of building a new temple complex for Agathiyar, some 2 kilometers away from the present ashram. When I asked Tavayogi some time back why he was building a temple, he told me it was for the people.

I was asked to worship the Siddhas and later have a statue of Agathiyar made. After arriving in Malaysia, Agathiyar started me with performing libation on him while Tavayogi started me off with performing the homam. These rituals continue till this day. When I had doubts about why I was doing these rituals in the very first place, Agathiyar tells me in the nadi that I should remember that I was not doing it for myself or my family but for the good of mankind. Only then could I accept it and devote myself fully.

The lighting of 108 lamps at Batu Caves tomorrow morning was initiated by Bala Chandran Gunasekaran and the members of Thondu Seivom. Agathiyar mentions in a recent nadi to Bala that he would be undertaking certain prayers for the well being of the public.

Durga Ma appears in the Durga Saptashati Homa performed by Roshaan at the Daksh Prajapati Mahadev Mandir. Photo courtesy of Roshaan.