Friday 22 January 2016

A COMPENDIUM OF SIDDHA SONGS

When I was asked to come to the path of the Siddhas and to worship them by Agathiyar in my very first Nadi reading in 2002, I was in the dark as to who were the Siddhas and how was I to worship them. 

By their grace I was given a small booklet containing a long list of Siddha names compiled by the Sri Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam, Turaiyur, by the Nadi Guru Sentilkumar of Avinashi.

I reached out to the local chapter of the Sangam in the hope of obtaining more information about the Siddhas. 

When I was at their main centre at Turaiyur, I purchased more books and literature. 

When I met Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal I received yet another compilation of Siddha names and other songs. 

Browsing through the book shops, I laid my eyes on more books on Siddhas. 

I adopted all these songs in my daily prayer to Agathiyar and the Siddhas. 

As they were dispersed in numerous books, I began compiling them into several handy publications for the numerous occasions where we conducted Siddha prayers. 

Finally I compiled a compendium of songs, and together with the above mentioned, I uploaded them to Scribd, SlideShare and other digital document libraries, many years ago. 

Along the way the number of songs that I received by the grace of the Siddhas, increased. Hence there was a necessity to come out with an updated and revised edition of the Complete Book of Praise to Agathiyar and the Siddhas. 

Here is SIDDHAR VAZHIPPADU, a treasure house of Siddha songs. 


See http://www.slideshare.net/shanmugamavadaiyappa/the-new-book-of-praise-to-siddhas