Tuesday 14 August 2018

THE KINGDOM BEYOND THE CLOUDS

I am coming up from a bottomless pit holding on to a rope. I see many strands of ropes both to my right and left that has its source above the clouds and its ends in the dark pit below me, both ends disappearing from my view. I know pretty well that I can only hold on to one rope, among many that has been let down, at any one time. I am told that I had began my climb up from the dark pit several thousands of years ago. This came as a consolation to this heart that is yearning to head back home.

Looking back now into the bottomless pit and knowing that I had journeyed long years to be where I was now, I am happy that I have come this far, a journey that I started countless years ago. Although I am dangling in mid air but I have no fear for I believe in my guru Agathiyar who is forever at my side, caring for me, will give me a hand should I slip and fall. I am holding strong to this rope with the hope that I shall reach beyond the clouds and enter Erai's kingdom, something I do not have any memory off although I am told that I had lived there in the distant past.

I do not know what is ahead for my visibility is greatly hindered by dense clouds, mist and fog. Neither do I know what is in store for me once I make it up the rope and out of the pit.

Maybe seeing me struggling to hold on tight to the rope he has let down for me, he might decide that I had hung on for far too long, pulling along my own weight and the enormous baggage of karma I am carrying on my back, he might pull me up in an instant and place me at his side, in the far reaches of Erai's kingdom. I shall serve him in his kingdom then just as I have served him here.



அன்னம் பாலிக்குந் தில்லைச்சிற் றம்பலம்
பொன்னம் பாலிக்கு மேலுமிப் பூமிசை
என்னம் பாலிக்கு மாறுகண் டின்புற
இன்னம் பாலிக்கு மோஇப் பிறவியே.

அல்ல லென்செயும் அருவினை யென்செயும்
தொல்லை வல்வினைத் தொந்தந்தா னென்செயும்
தில்லை மாநகர்ச் சிற்றம் பலவனார்க்
கெல்லை யில்லதோ ரடிமைபூண் டேனுக்கே.

நாடி நாரணன் நான்முக னென்றிவர்
தேடி யுந்திரிந் துங்காண வல்லரோ
மாட மாளிகை சூழ்தில்லை யம்பலத்
தாடி பாதமென் நெஞ்சு ளிருக்கவே.

(Source: http://thevaramclass.blogspot.com/2015/07/51-chidambaram.html)