Wednesday 26 September 2018

WORSHIP & PRAYER 1

Agathiyar had asked me to worship Lord Ganapathy, Lord Siva, the Siddhas and him when I read the Nadi the first time in 2002. Nadi Nool Aasan Sentilkumar led me on the worship for the Siddhas passing me a booklet carrying a compilation of the names of the Siddhas. This was the beginning of my worship to the divine, inclusive of the Siddhas now.

Even before this reading I was asked to worship the divine by Dr Krishnan, astrologer and Siddha practitioner in 1996. Much can be achieved through worship he said. 

I had worshiped hard in my bachelor days waking up at dawn and singing the praises of Erai to my hearts content and to the delight of my roommate Francis Xavier Alexander. I did the same at dusk. 

But then all these stopped for a reason known only to the lord. After an absence of 14 years I was initiated back on track through the Vasudeva mantra. 

After Agathiyar asked me to worship the Siddhas I seeked out several establishments that were related to the worship of Agathiyar and the Siddhas. The one that stood foremost in my mind was Ongarakudil and its branch in Malaysia at Dengkil. I used to see their volunteers collecting donations on the streets to feed the poor in India. I picked up books and VCD's on talks by Tavathiru Rengaraja Desigar. He too spoke only about worship asking his followers to continuously chant the names of the Siddhas, saying that it was sufficient. He did not teach pranayama, asanas, yoga, meditation and the rest but encouraged all to feed the unfortunate. He said that the Siddhas would come within and lead the breath without our effort which was off course safe. 

When I visited my first guru Supramania Swami of Thiruvannamalai in 2005, he invited me to pray with him. He took his rosary out and chanted his guru's name. It went, "Yogi Ramsuratkumara, Yogi Ramsuratkumara, Yogi Ramsuratkumara Jayagururaya". I followed suite. To my amazement, his master joined us in chanting - after he had gone into Samadhi in 20 February 2001!

When I met Tavayogi in 2005 he asked that we chant the names of the Siddhas. When he instructed me to perform the Homa in my home some years later he asked that I recite their names as I lit the fire.

Along the way Agathiyar spelt out the benefits of worship.


Ramalinga Adigal too sings about how worship to the divine brought benefits and quick progress in him.

Soon I picked up many hymns and songs relating to the Siddhas and expanded my worship singing from this compendium of songs in praise of the Siddhas.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dp5hxfCGULlttFkbZo0j-5Et03tqqAw5/view?usp=sharing

But today, having had guidance from the divine and gurus, we have shortened our worship.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tl9XWzuvx4kbLWLfwBzLPH6UBP1wQKI_/view?usp=sharing

Today if I am alone and as I begin the worship the song or mantra refuses to come forth forcing me to keep quiet. There falls a sense of calmness, bliss and joy just in sitting alone silently in the presence of my lord.

Agathiyar in the Nadi asked those who came by to AVM to light a lamp and put forth their wishes. Some who could not come would ask us over the phone to place a lamp on their behalf. When AVM family members had their family members warded I would light a lamp too. When my wife and children were hospitalize, I would perform a homa asking that the divine take care of them well. When my guru was warded I performed a homa asking that he be spared. The prayers of all AVM family was answered when Agathiyar told us that the Siddhas listening to our prayers had performed a yagam so that Tavayogi could live. He survived to return to his ashram. The next time Tavayogi was warded he called me to say that Mataji will take charge of the ashram giving me the cue that he was living his mortal frame.

But things have change now.

When my wife was about to be taken into the Operation Theater (OT) some time back, I as usual stood before him to ask in prayer that he take care of her. Surprisingly he shut me up. Even before I could complete my request he replied that she was his daughter and he shall take care of things. This did not surprise me for previously Agathiyar had helped mend my daughter's broken leg; Agathiyar and Thirumular had help increased the platelet level when my daughter came down with the dengue fever; Agathiyar had given confidence to my wife and explained the whole procedure that was to take place at the OT saying that he will be at her side.

Each time before an event hosted by AVM began, it is my nature to put a prayer asking that the event be a success without any hiccups. So when we gathered before Lord Ganapathy on the eve of the event, lighting of the 108 ghee lamps, I as usual began my prayer. But the words refused to come out. I was lost for vocabulary. My mind went blank. Similarly When I tried to put forth the prayer at Lord Sri Mayuranathar and Pamban Swami and again at Mother Goddess Ambal's Sannadhi I was lost for words. I figured that as it was their event there was no need on my part to ask and worry about it. The divine will take care of the event. True enough the event went well and beyond our expectations for they had a hand in it through out. It was their show. I have since stopped asking in prayer if the directive came from them.

Coming to us as a bronze statue he asked us to give it life by chanting his name 100,000 times. Giving us numerous mantras, breathing and meditation techniques, he guided us on food intake too. He was quick to give us relief from our ailments by suggesting medicines and procedures. He ran through our past and suggested ways to rid of obstacles and suffering. He saved lives, giving them an extension to serve him better. He soon brought us to include the worship of Valai and his Guru Lord Muruga. He brought us to worship Lord Shiva. Today he has progressively brought us to the worship of Jhothi or the Light.

We are grateful to him for being with us throughout this journey. All that was asked of us was to worship. We have seen the efficacy of worship and prayers. Join us in worship and prayer, for oneself and the rest of the world.