Tuesday 13 October 2015

A BEAUTIFUL SERVICE

Srinath Raghavan posted the following lovely piece on fb some 34 minutes ago. His piece makes us ponder and think of our individual role and mission in taking a birth. Was it solely to feed and nurture this body or to care for those around us too. Siddha Heartbeat thanks his father for a beautiful advice, "Be useful to the people around you, Cus' Success is short lived". SH thanks Sri too for allowing us to use this wonderful piece among the many he keeps churning out each day.
My Dad always used to tell me,
Be useful to the people around you,
Cus' Success is short lived,
But being useful goes a long way,
In adding value to your life indeed.
When you are fit and fine in body,
Do as much as service possible,
Help people see the brighter side of life.
Bring a smile unto their faces,
And fill their hearts with cheer,
Without expecting nothing in return,
Not even a simple "Thank You!"
I used to wonder what to do,
Or how to begin all this,
Small acts of kindness were done,
But making service my life's motto,
Was an altogether different deal.
Trapped in a thankless job that required,
My constant attention and presence,
I forgot all about it,
Till when my whole world changed one night,
It became twisted and topsy turvy.
There was chaos within and all around me,
Not knowing what to do or whom to approach,
My whole world came crumbling down to pieces,
As my loved ones were all struggling,
To be alive for one more day at the least.
That's when grace descended,
In every step of the way,
The Universe showed me a clue,
Of a seed being sown,
For others to reap the fruits.
I realized the importance of being useful,
For Success cannot earn you true friends,
Who will stand by you in darkness,
When you have lost everything in broad daylight,
But being useful will get you,
Those who will even die for you unknown.
I have a long way to go,
To become useful to people,
But one lesson that I've learnt long ago,
Still continues to inspire me,
"Share your smile with others,
And try to wipe away their Tears,
Cus' when you do with a sincere heart,
Someday someone will do it for you too...!"
Sri did not stop at that but carried on inspiring many, lending a shoulder, and bringing a smile to their faces as seen in a mail from someone whom he had helped, as posted by Sri.
Here is a heartfelt account of a Daughter-in-Law, who had requested a "Soulfully Yours" session for her bereaved Mother-in-Law. Although I humbly don't ascribe to many of the words used for me, but will nevertheless let it be.
"Human grief has many origins illness, betrayal, suffering, bereavement...the list is endless. To my mind Putra Shokam (loss of child) that comes to parents tops the list. Tears that can't be reasoned with, an emptiness that constantly echoes the futility of the last few decades of your life.
With the passing away of my husband I was in the dumps, but found various ways and support systems to recover some sanity. However silently around me was a Mother wallowing in so much misery that if you looked into her eyes you would cry. I did not even speak to her often because I knew not what to say... two grieving ones, much worse than the other.
Not knowing what to do I turned to Soulfully Yours...Srinath. After a few delays we worked out a session. Delays because I had to prepare her to share her grief and believe that maybe it could even lighten. (Sri cooperated completely by the casual approach of a friend visiting). She had resigned to the rest of her life crying for a lost child.
I am writing this so that the message can go to so many silent grievers that there is a way... the way of the divine... the way of love that heals... and Srinath Raghavan is a true messenger of the divine.
At the start all barriers that my mom in law had and all the hesitation she had collapsed with the warm consoling hug he gave her. The mother in her shed all her tears in a moment and from there on the session was smooth. They had connected. 
Just by reading her heart he told her about lot of her private loving moments and unfulfilled wishes for her son. He also reminded her about her devout offerings to Lord Rama thru her life and her special relationship with the lord. Her eyes lit up with pride when he mentioned she had another son equally well brought up and who loves her a lot and how she had to live well for him. He told her she had been a most loving mother and wife and even today it is she who kept the family together. She had been a lovely obedient daughter full of joy and beauty. She was surprised and happy like a little child on hearing all this. Everyone had forgotten the little girl in her including herself and somewhere the joy and beauty had become pain and heaviness only.
They agreed to meet again. She was a little brighter but ready for much more. Nothing can heal like the touch of the Divine Mother and Sri silently does a beautiful job of transmitting Her touch. The divine is always around..round the corner...Address : Soulfully Yours. May many lives arrive at this address seeking themselves..