Thursday 26 November 2015

FORGIVE ME FOR BEING IGNORANT

Saravanan Palanisamy asked me if I would be able to address the public in an upcoming event organised by some devotees of Agathiyar. Balachandran Gunasekaran too had put to me a request from a similar organization asking me if I would talk on the Siddhas some time back. Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal had asked me to speak on the Siddhas when he was visiting Malaysia some years ago. During the opening of a branch of the Sri Agathiyar Gnana Peedham in Banting then, to my complete surprise Tavayogi announce that I would speak a few words on the Siddhas. I do not exactly remember what I said then but I remember how I outwitted him and managed to save myself from that situation. After saying a few introductory words I immediately started chanting the Arutperunjhoti Mantra. All the rests who had gathered followed suit and I was spared the perils of having to give a talk to those gathered. 

Although Tavayogi assured me that I had all the qualities to speak about the Siddhas, I turned down these requests because I felt that I was inadequate and not well equipped to take on such a massive and honorable task as yet, lest I should bring shame to the Siddhas. 

Ramalinga Adigal who eventually attained a high spiritual state, one at par with Erai who gave him the power and authority to do his willing and job of creating, sustaining, perishing, veiling and blessing, very humbly had listed all his inadequacies and shortcomings in a beautiful song in his earlier days.
மருந்தறியேன் மணிஅறியேன் மந்திரம்ஒன் றறியேன்
மதிஅறியேன் விதிஅறியேன் வாழ்க்கைநிலை அறியேன்
திருந்தறியேன் திருவருளின் செயலறியேன் அறந்தான்
செய்தறியேன் மனமடங்கும் திறத்தினில்ஓர் இடத்தே
இருந்தறியேன் அறிந்தோரை ஏத்திடவும் அறியேன்
எந்தைபிரான் மணிமன்றம் எய்தஅறி வேனோ
இருந்ததிசை சொலஅறியேன் எங்ஙனம்நான் புகுவேன்
யார்க்குரைப்பேன் என்னசெய்வேன் ஏதும்அறிந் திலனே.

But somehow I developed an interest in writing instead and when I began my very first website indianheartbeat in the mid nineties and later started blogging here in 2013, Agathiyar encouraged me to write further. 

Agathiyar invited me into his path. I took up his offer, taking the hand of a siddha who could lead us to the kingdom of Erai. Although there are numerous paths to the kingdom of Erai, I chose to accept Agathiyar's hand, knowing pretty sure that I was in save hands. It has since then been a memorable journey walking with the Siddhas.