Saturday 12 November 2016

A DEVOTEE'S HEART WARMING EXPERIENCE

Vijayalakshmi Amma had posted a wonderful article on her recent visit to Malaysia on fb some moments ago. We would love to share it with our readers.

This picture of Agastiar Ayya was taken by me when I had the golden opportunity to spend a night at Shanmugam Avadaiyappa's home at Kuala Lumpur, just 2 days before my departure to Chennai. 
I had gone to visit my brother Balachander Sundareswaran and my dear Sister in law Shanthi Balachander for a month. 
Agastiar gave me the opportunity to attend the Thursday Puja at Eco City that my brother along with Shri Krshna does every Thursdays at the Agastiar shrine. I would happily collect beautiful flowers from the plants and trees and make garlands for Agastiar which He would adorn happily. It only made Him look all the more beautiful. 
I also got to attend a few pujas for Agastiar at Shanmugam Ayya's home AVM. 
Then time flew and it was time for me to leave and due to Navaratri celebrations at my brother's home, he was unable to take me to Shanmugam Ayya's home to bid farewell to Agastiar. But Our Agastiar makes things possible as He is "Agathin Easan" or the lord of our hearts and he knew my heart was crying to come see Him. 
It so happened that Shanmugam Ayya along with his lovely wife Magesh came to visit my brother's home for Navaratri. As they were about to leave suddenly Shanmugam Ayya asked me, "Why don't you come along with us amma? Stay the night in our home and we shall perform a puja for Ayya the next day, and I myself will drop you back home?" 
This was something that took me aback and the moment I heard those words I ran and picked up a change of clothes and like a little child anxious to meet its mother I left with them. 
Shanmugam Ayya and Magesh are the most gracious hosts. We had a nice long conversation about Agastiar and all the strange happenings that they experience at AVM with all the different devotees of Agastiar. 
Time to go to bed and I was asked to sleep in the very Puja room along with Agastiar. I should say I was terrified as to me Agastiar always looked like a stern Master. Initially a bit terrified I was only chanting "Om Agateesaya Namaha" non stop and just looking into His face as the light from the deepam was making His face shine. I tried to see if He would open His eyes to look at me but that was not to be. I managed to sleep after a long time. 
Then in the morning as soon as I woke up, I took courage to snap a close up picture of him on my phone. Till now I had not looked at this pic. Just now as I was deleting some unwanted pics from the phone this pic caught my attention and as I gazed at it closely I realised how Agastiar's left eye was actually open. So He was looking at me after all. Such grace! 
I must thank Shanmugam Ayya and Magesh for having made this possible. Such wonderful gracious souls with whom I would like to incarnate in all future births so we can all be ever so devoted to Sage Agastiar in His worship. Such a beautiful experience. Thank you Ayya. Om Agateesaya Namaha.