Saturday 5 August 2017

AT HOME WITH AGATHIYAR

Digital composition of AVM Agathiyar by Sivakavin of Chennai

My son-in-law and daughter had engaged the assistance of Kavitha, Veena and their staffs to provide postnatal confinement services to my daughter and her new born baby, so that my wife could concentrate on the rest of the chores and housework. 

Kavitha runs a center in Semenyih, a twenty minute drive from AVM. Malarvathy from AVM was groomed by her.

Malarvathy (far right) with Kavitha (seated left) and others

Today was the last day of their 16 day service, providing numerous services to both mother and child.

Although my wife had babysit many infants, toddlers and children in the past, it all came to a stop when Agathiyar came into our lives in the form of a bronze statue in 2010. If she had bath and dressed these children all those years, she took on a bigger responsibility after Agathiyar's arrival. She began to bath and dress Agathiyar now. Agathiyar, I suppose was so pleased with us that he changed his mind and remained in our home, not moving to the Jegathguru Sri Raghavendra Mrithiga Brindavanam in Ipoh as he mentioned earlier.


When I reflect on the task given to my wife, my children and me, that of having him in our home, caring for him and attending to the numerous visitors and devotees he brings over to AVM, I can only sit in silence and watch in awe and amazement. I am full of gratitude towards him for gracing our home. He has offered himself to be among us, with us in our home. What else does a man want?


In all these years of worship to the Siddhas, I had seen: people come to him seeking all kinds of gratifications but none came seeking him, for the sake of him; people come with desires, pray and hope that all their desires are fulfilled, but none came to know his desire; people come to place their wishes at his feet, but none came to ask of him his wish for them.

But this is where I saw an entire different set of devotees of his at AVM. They came for the sake of Agathiyar and nothing else. These were souls, sitting at his feet, waiting to hear him speak through the Nadi, taking every word as a gospel and implementing them in totality, giving their heart and soul to his service. 

These extra ordinary souls, each talented in his own way, was hand picked by Agathiyar, and brought together under an umbrella, AVM. Agathiyar has sent the right candidates to do his asking. I am blessed to be in the company of AVM family.