Tuesday 10 September 2013

MIRACLES PART 2/2

I was of the opinion that miracles only happen in India. Agathiyar tells me in the Nadi he will create miracles in Malaysia too. True to his word, Agathiyar performed miracles in Malaysia too as promised.

Miracle 26 Supramania Swami’s Darshan?


Supramania Swami of Tiruvannamalai
Just as his Guru Yogi Ramsuratkumar appeared and chanted with us after going into samadhi, Supramania Swami too showed his presence at my home after his Samadhi!

This miracle took place at my home, just as Agathiyar had said. Although we could not see him, the signs that Supramania Swami appeared in my home were there. The day was 17 September 2007. It has been some time now that Supramania Swami went into samadhi. There was a distinct smell of tobacco as I sat with my wife in the living room of my home. We had just completed our daily prayer for the evening. The smell of jasmine, sandalwood, vibhuti, frankincense and other fragrances always lingers in my home. However, on that day, peculiarly there was the strong aroma of tobacco in the air as my wife and I sat in the living room of our home after our daily prayers. The thought of Supramania Swami immediately came to my mind. Was he at my home in Malaysia?

For some reason Supramania Swami came to my mind. Was he at my home, I asked myself? It was usual to find the aroma of fragrance, or vibhuti or uthupathi lingering in the air, at this hour but not tobacco. Almost immediately, my hand phone rang but stopped immediately. There was a miss call from a number that belonged to Supramania Swami! 

Nevertheless, I knew that number was no more in use. Swami had taken up another number that was now used by his son after Swami’s samadhi. 

I had to be assured that he did actually materialize in my home. I called up Swami’s number a few days later. A man answered. He asked me who I was and to whom I wanted to talk to. I introduced myself and I questioned him as to why he had called me a couple of days before. However, he answered that he had not made any calls to Malaysia. Then I asked if Supramania Swami was around. He answered that he did not know of any Supramania Swami. I enquired his location. He mentions it was Coimbatore. Then I ask if Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal was there. The reply was no and he did not know Tavayogi either. 

Several days later, I called my nephew Thayalan and explained what had transpired lately. Upon ending my call, I realized there was a miss call while I was on the phone with Thayalan. Again to my amazement, the same number appeared. Not satisfied, I called Swami’s son, Ramajayam. He confirms that the number his father used had been terminated. Then Agathiyar reveals in the Nadi that the miracle did take place indeed. Supramania Swami had come that day!

Miracle 27 Agathiyar Opens His Eyes

At the end of the group prayer at our home during Agathiyar’s Jayanthi on 25 December 2010, when everyone present was offering his individual prayers, Agathiyar opened his eye in the bronze statue! Some saw the right eye open while others said they saw the left eye open. 

Miracle 28 Agathiyar Opens His Eyes Again

Agathiyar before he opened his eyes
Agathiyar opens his right eye
As I scrolled through the photographs Navarani and her friends emailed me, I noticed Agathiyar had an eye open in one of the photographs!

Navarani who became acquainted through the net, and her friends who had participated in the prayers at my home, asked me to bring Agathiyar over to their home for a group prayer. I was overjoyed because of the interest shown by these girls in wanting to host the prayer for Agathiyar. I was happy for them because they had started early on this path. I considered my children and wife gifted for they too started early in the worship of Siddhas. I only came to know of Agathiyar and the Siddhas when I was 43 years of age.











The girls conducted a beautiful prayer or kutu prathanai at their home. Their devotion was so deep that Agathiyar had opened his eye in the painting that they had!

Miracle 29 Siddha Kuthambai’s Darshan?

Devotees participating in the ground breaking ceremony
When all the guests and devotees who had gathered for the ground breaking ceremony of the Sri Raghavendra Mritiga Brindavanam in Ipoh had left, an elderly woman makes her entrance at the temple grounds attired in a striking shade of blue and wearing lots of ornaments and jewelry. 

As I sat watching her make her appearance, I realized she was heading towards me. She came up to me and told me she 'happened to pass by', suggesting it was a coincidence that she came across this event, and wanted to contribute towards the cost of the building. She handed out eleven Malaysian Ringgit to purchase a brick as part of her donation towards the building fund. I took her over to the makeshift counter put up by the temple management. The girls attended to her asking her details of herself to include in the receipt that was issued upon accepting payment. She kept telling them that she came by accidently and wanted to contribute. She gave her address but not her name.

I asked her if she had taken her food. Since she had not taken her food I left to pack some food for her. On returning to the spot where I had left her, she was not there. I spied around trying to locate her. I spotted her going round the huge painting of Saint Raghavendra with arms held in prayer. She then walked towards me, mentioned again the reason for being there, received the food and left the grounds. 

I had no idea this could have been a Siddha until my family pointed out to me later the circumstances under which this meeting took place. We were puzzled. She never gave us her name! The address did not exist though the number 18 signified the eighteen Siddhas! She was dressed for a grand occasion and could not have stumbled upon the ceremony! 

Once back at my sister’s home, I narrated this happening to my brother-in-law, Sundara Arumugam (who was spearheading the construction of the Sri Raghavendra Mritiga Brindavanam in Ipoh and was also president of this society), and my sister, Ambi. I told them the possibility that a Siddha had blessed the event and contributed towards the cost. Could it be Siddha Kudambai I asked myself? 

Arumugam thought it could be Manjalai Amman who had come to bless her son, Raghavendra. Ambi thought it could be the Goddess from the Om Sree Veera Muthu Maha Kaliamman Temple in the vicinity. I realized then that there are so many possibilities and all these could be true.

Miracle 30 Lord Murugan’s Darshan?

Asokhan, then a teenager, was staying with his uncle, a bachelor, and working at the Penang harbor. As it was his birthday Asokhan went to visit his relative at the foothill of the Murugan Temple in Sungai Ara in Penang, Malaysia. However, the relative was not in. As it was a Friday and since he was very hungry, having only drank water in the morning and the night before, he thought he could partake some of the food offerings or prasadham usually offered in temples. Surprisingly the temple too was empty. 

Since it was customary to offer two bananas to all Gods and Goddesses, this naive young lad made a deal with the Lord that he would eat one banana and leave the other for Lord Murugan. However, to his disappointment and surprise, as he went around the numerous shrines, he noticed there was only one banana placed in front of the statues. 

He sat on the temple grounds thinking about his fate recalling his childhood until the present day. He was seventeen now. He grew up in poverty hardly having sufficient to eat. Now he was separated from his parents and siblings trying to earn a living in Penang. He wept in silence. 

Just about then the temple priest appears before him. He asked when Asokhan had arrived and if he had eaten. The priest invites him to have the bananas that were in the inner sanctum of Lord Murugan. There were several combs of bananas. Asokhan took two combs one for that day and another for the next day. 

Asokhan went back to the temple again the next day. He is surprised when the priests questions where he (Asokhan) had been all this while. Asokhan is baffled and replies that they had only met the day before. The priest replies that he was out of town the past few days! Asokhan was further surprised when he saw the stock of banana at the inner sanctum, shrivel and dry! The day before, it was fresh and he had taken a couple of combs. To add to Asokhan’s astonishment, the priest says that the bananas had withered some time back! Did Lord Murugan come in the guise of the priests to appease his hunger? 

Asokhan has had a speech disability since childhood. Some time later after having consumed the 'bananas' his friends noticed that he did not stammer anymore. Only then did Asokhan himself realize he was speaking normally without stammering.

Miracle 31 Tavayogi’s Darshan?

When Nadi Guru Ramesh, my brother, brother-in-law and myself were hurrying to the Convention Hall where the official opening of the 1st World Conference Of Siddha Philosophy was about to take place, we saw Tavayogi at the entrance from a distance only to realize on reaching him, someone else was in his place! 

Tavayogi had tricked all four of us into thinking it was he at the entrance to the Convention Hall!

Miracle 32 A Siddha’s Darshan?

When we were partaking tea and breakfast at the open car park at the grounds of the Convention Hall the same day, a squirrel scurried amongst the trees, onto the tarmac, came towards my brother and me and sniffed my brother’s feet and mine! 

We were both taken aback to see its peculiar behavior. I bent down to stroke the squirrel and to my surprise, it allowed me to do so! After a few minutes, it scurried away back into the trees!

Miracle 33 Another Siddha’s Darshan?

Scaly Breasted Munia perching on the branches
When my daughter, Praba and I were washing the front porch of our home a few hours before commencing the prayers for Agathiyar’s Jayanthi, one bird from the species Scaly Breasted Munia hopped from the higher branches onto the lower ones and onto the ground and onto my hand! 

These birds, sometimes as many as sixty in numbers, frequent my home. They perch on the trees in my garden. This particular bird did not mind the grains we had placed and instead started hopping towards us. We stopped and watched in amazement. I called my second daughter and wife too to witness this unusual happening. I asked for more grains and held them out in my hand. The bird ignored the grains in my hand too and instead hopped onto my arm before hopping back up the tree to join the other birds!

Miracle 34 Agathiyar Saves the Life of a Devotee by Giving His Breath

Agathiyar amidst Lord Ganesa, and Goddess Ambal at the Karpaga Vinayagar Temple in Malaysia. Photos courtesy of Cyntia Krishnan
When the ever-compassionate father (Agathiyar) assured all those gathered around at the dead bed of his devotee Bhaktavatchalam, “I shall save his life giving my breath!” Bhaktavatchalam lived to tell the tale!

Bhaktavatchalam was instrumental in bringing in Nadi Guru Ramesh and caring for his logistics and other needs. He brought in many non-Tamil speaking clients seeking the Nadi to Ramesh.

A lady was asked to install a bronze statue of Agathiyar at the Karpaga Vinayagar Temple in Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, when she went for a reading of her nadi in Malaysia. At that moment the Karpaga Vinayagar Temple was being reconstructed and Agathiyar had requested her to install him there once the temple was completed. But she did not take up the request but instead she chose to leave for India and subsequently passed away. But she had mentioned this requests of Agathiyar to Bhaktavatchalam. Bhaktavatchalam decided to fulfill the requests and gathered twenty-five people to finance the making, delivering and installation of the statue. After having installed Agathiyar, they practically 'forgot' about him. Then Agathiyar in Bhaktavatchalam's nadi takes them to task and asked that they perform prayer and reading the Agaval of Ramalinga Adigal with Nadi Guru Ramesh taking the lead. Since then Agathiyar has instructed them to conduct the prayers as an annual affair. 

Here are some photos of the prayers held annually at the Karpaga Vinayagar Temple for Agathiyar. Photos are courtesy of Cyntia Krishnan and from her post on Facebook - Agathiyar Annual Pooja (Siddhar Pooja).

Agathiyar. Photo courtesy of Cyntia Krishnan
A special day for Agathiyar. Photo courtesy of Cyntia Krishnan
Agathiyar looking magnificent. Photo courtesy of Cyntia Krishnan
A charming Agathiyar. Photo courtesy of Cyntia Krishnan
Agathiyar. Photo courtesy of Cyntia Krishnan

But destiny gave Bhaktavatchalam a cruel blow when he collapses and goes into a coma. The doctors had given up hope and asked the family to inform their relatives and friends. That is when some close associates of Bhaktavatchalam approached Ramesh to seek Agathiyar’s aid. Ramesh rushes to the hospital bed to relay the message from Agathiyar in the Nadi.

Miracle 35 Mysterious Appearance of “AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A YOGI”

A great book

When I was given a replacement copy of AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A YOGI that I had lost – mysteriously! 

Segaran from my office was leaving his job as he had opted to become a monk in the ashram set up by Paramahansa Yogananda in Ranchi, India. As a parting gift he gave me a magnificent painting of Lord Shiva, a copy of the book AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A YOGI by Yogananda Paramahansa and a piece of advice, “People here at the office shall dump all kinds of work to you. Do not refuse to accept if you have the time, the energy and the know-how.” I kept the painting of Lord Shiva at my altar. I cherished the Autobiography having read it numerous times. I adopted Segaran’s parting words and as a result, I began to learn new things and soon became an asset to my department. 

I read and cherished AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A YOGI very much. I wished I could meet Gurus similar to those mentioned in the book. I was yearning for an experience similar to what Yogananda had. Then one day I searched for the book but could not find it. I never found it again. 

When Gopal from my office was transferred out, I had personally lent him a hand in clearing and carting away his personal belongings. We made sure nothing personal of his was left behind. Then one day as I passed his former cubicle, still left vacant, I thought I saw a book lying on his former table. There was a copy of AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A YOGI on the table! I had been given a replacement copy – mysteriously!

Miracle 36 Receiving Ramalinga Adigal’s URAINADAI PAGUTHI

When I was gifted with Ramalinga Adigal’s URAINADAI PAGUTHI that I was searching for! 

I had search for this book in the local stores. I asked my brother to get me one when he was in India. It was not available. Then when my brother-in-law and sister visited India, I asked them to drop in at Ramalinga Adigal’s Satya Gnana Sabai at Vadalur. While there they wanted to get me a souvenir. What should they buy? Ramalinga Adigal’s URAINADAI PAGUTHI! 

Miracle 37 Receiving K.R. Shivakandhan’s SIDDHARGAL THATHUVAMUM YOGA NERI MURAIGALUM – POONDI MAHAN VARALARU 

When I was handed K.R. Shivakandhan’s SIDDHARGAL THATHUVAMUM YOGA NERI MURAIGALUM – POONDI MAHAN VARALARU that I could not purchase at Tiruvannamalai! 

I had seen a book on Sri La Sri Pundi Mahaan Aatru Swami being sold along the girivalam path in Tiruvannamalai during the girivalam of September 2003. (Pundi Mahaan was one of the five gurus of Supramania Swami. Supramania Swami was my first guru.) I could not purchase it then, as I did not have cash on me. Then on 13 January 2004, my nephew Thayalan Arumugam gives me a call saying he was at the Shiva Guru Book Depot in Kuala Lumpur and there was a book on Poondi Mahan and asked if I wanted it. I asked him to describe the book to me and immediately knew it was the same book that I had missed to purchase in India. He bought it for me.

Miracle 38 Receiving the TIRUARUTPA

When I was handed Ramalinga Adigal’s TIRUARUTPA, with an explanation by Mu Bala Supramaniam! 

In 2006, Thayalan calls to ask if I wanted a translation of the TIRUARUTPA. After reading this book, I realized I was fortunate and blessed to be able to lay my hands on this book. 

A book of a similar nature would be Swami Saravanananda’s beautiful English rendering of the ARUTPERUNJHOTI AGAVAL by Ramalinga Adigal published by the Ramalinga Mission, Madras. 

I was offered this book at the book outlet in Satya Gnana Sabai, Vadalur in 2003. The salesperson did not display this copy with the other books but instead had placed it on top of a wardrobe. When I picked up some books that were displayed by him for sale, he reached for the top of the wardrobe and picked up this book. He asked if I wanted this copy. The book was all soiled and stained. I immediately purchased it. He did not state the price but was satisfied with whatever price I had to offer for it. I am happy I did not look at appearances and reject it. This book is a treasure house. It is a book to be cherished indeed. I have yet to see another in the bookstores.

Miracle 39 Receiving a Directive from Lord Muruga?

When a young priest at the Batu Caves Murugan temple came forward towards me, and said, “Take honey”, just prior to my first visit to India! 

He was seated at the temple in the upper cave. As I approached him with my family, he got up, gave me this directive out of the blues, turned around, walked into the inner sanctum, showed the flame, and gave us prasadham.

Miracle 40 Receiving a Directive from Lord Shiva?

When I had a dream in which Lord Shiva tells me, “Keep those questions for a later date”! 

I used to read a lot on religion and spiritualism that confused me further. I had seen and witnessed certain happenings and events take place around me that disturbed the very faith I had on God. I used to tell my friend Maniraju to inform me if Lord Murugan comes into others (Arul or trance) to grant their wishes at his temple. I would jokingly say I had a couple of questions to ask Lord Murugan. That was when I had this dream! 

Miracle 41 Agathiyar Saves My Daughter’s Leg.

When my daughter was knocked down by a car while riding pillion, Agathiyar heals her through the doctors! 

The doctor who attended to her at the emergency ward told us he would apply a fibreglass cast and let nature to do its work. He told us since she was young she should walk in three months. However, these three months was critical to her because she had just started her internship, which was compulsory, if she was to complete her diploma. On our insistence that she should not miss her internship, the doctor gave us another option. They could place surgical nails with which she could walk. We gave permission to proceed. My daughter’s leg was cast in half-cast and she was warded while awaiting her turn to be operated one. 

At the wards, a senior doctor on his rounds questioned our request for an operation. He strongly advised us against the operation. He believed she should be back on her feet in three months to complete her internship. “If her bones do not mend then we can consider the operation”, he assured us. We submitted to him. My daughter was in full cast and told to rest at home. 

My daughter could not accept her fate and questioned why it was all happening. Questions upon questions arise. Why did Agathiyar let this happen? Why did he not stop the accident from happening in the first place? Why did she need to go through this sorrow? I had no answers. 

People we knew and concerned strangers too told us to seek alternative approaches and pointed us to practitioners of alternative medicine. Even though I felt reluctant to seek another alternative, as I had faith on Agathiyar, but as a father I had to seek out all available means to cure my daughter and have her back on her feet. 

While considering whether to seek these treatments, I decided I should seek Agathiyar’s advice first since he had advised me all this while through the Nadi, forty-five times to date. There was a message from Agathiyar in my daughter’s Nadi reading. Agathiyar tells her that the planetary positions had been crucial in causing havoc in her life at this moment causing physical and mental torture but she need not fear for all would be well. He advised her to continue with the treatment in the hospital. She would have to undergo a small procedure though, he added. She was asked to appease Saturn, which I did diligently on her behalf; and to consume sesame seeds. Why sesame seed we pondered? When I did a search on Google, I came to know that sesame seed has a high content of calcium. Doctors advised her to take calcium supplements to assist her bone to heal. Here Agathiyar advises my daughter to consume sesame seeds, which has high calcium too. My daughter did as advised. 

Unfortunately, after three months her bone did not mend as expected (non-union). The doctor told her he had to place a metal plate in her leg and briefed us on the procedure. Shortly after that, the doctor offered her another alternative too. She could go for an Autologous Conditioned Plasma (ACP) Injection, which according to him had proven successful amongst sportsman who had sports injuries. His words were a relief to us and we opted for the treatment that did not require her to be operated on. She had to receive three injections in a span of two weeks. Miraculously the treatment gave positive results and she had new bone growth at the site of injury. After nine months of recovery, she was back on her feet and continued her internship. 

Earlier when she had a fungus growth on her toes, she seeks medical treatment but the cream and antibiotic was not effective in stopping the growth. She was advised to see the skin specialists. While waiting for the weekend to pass, I remembered that there was a chapter of the Nadi where the Siddhas could reveal on diseases and could recommend the appropriate measures to be taken. She went to see the Nadi. In the Nadi, reading Agathiyar talks about her medical problems and advises her to opt for traditional medicine instead of modern drugs. He tells her modern drugs and treatment would not bring any relieve. Agathiyar mentions two traditional preparations (legium) that was available commercially. The fungus that ate into her toe healed and closed up. My daughter was completely cured.

Miracle 42 Agathiyar Finally Arrives On Our Shores Amidst Uncertainties.

When Agathiyar arrives at my home just in time for his Jayanthi in the midst of uncertainties!
The Delivery Order
Agathiyar arrives safely on our shores, packed in this box
Agathiyar from Varadaraj of the Bronze Creative
The statue of Agathiyar was completed by Varadharaj of the Bronze Creative in Swamimalai and handed over to Krishnan of Gaerish Logistics Pvt Ltd in Chennai to be shipped to Malaysia and couriered to my home. When the relevant papers could not be cleared on time in Chennai, Varadharaj told me he could only deliver the statue of Agathiyar to me on 4 January 2010, a day after the Jayanthi. It saddened me that Agathiyar could not make it for his Jayanthi celebrations after all means have been exhausted to ensure he reached my home on time for his Jayanthi.

Then a miracle takes place. Varadharaj calls me at 9.30 pm on 1 January 2010 saying Agathiyar had boarded the plane. Gaerish Logistics managed to send his statue over by MAS Cargo and that I could claim him at 11am the next day.

Agathiyar arrived at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at 5.53 am on 2 January 2010. My family and I headed for the cargo terminal of KLIA with excitement and joy to receive Agathiyar. After two hours of clearing the relevant papers, I got delivery of Agathiyar’s bronze statue. Agathiyar stepped into my home at 5.30 pm.

Conducting the Yagam
Agathiyar decided to arrive a day before his Jayanthi. 

Miracle 43 Agathiyar Decides the Time of Prayers for Him.

Tavayogi informs me that Agathiyar’s Jayanthi falls on Ahilya Natchathiram in the Tamil month of Margazhi. Tavayogi performed a Yagam at Kallar in conjunction with Agathiyar’s Jayanthi at 2 pm in 2006 and had asked that I conduct prayers at the same time in Malaysia. I began mine at 4.30 pm taking into consideration the time difference of 2 ½ hours.

The invitation to the Guru Puja celebrations in 2007
In 2007, the Jayanthi fell on 7 January. Tavayogi wanted to celebrate Agathiyar’s Jayanthi in a big way. Tavayogi sent me the program for the celebrations in Kallar by post. He asked that I conduct a similar prayer for Agathiyar at my home. I invited my family and friends. Tavayogi told me he would conduct the prayers at exactly 8.20 am and asked that I start prayers 2 ½ hours later allowing for the time difference. I started at 10.50 am. 

The annual Jayanthi celebration was held again on 27 December 2007. Tavayogi sent me an invitation that stated that a yagam would be conducted at 2 pm (Indian Standard Time) at his hermitage. I would have to begin at 4.30 pm (Malaysian Standard Time). 

I arranged to celebrate Agathiyar’s Jayanthi in Malaysia. The prayers had to be held at 4.30 pm since Tavayogi will start the prayers at 2 pm in India. However, I mistakenly informed my relatives and friends to gather at 5 pm at my home for the prayers. 

Then Nadi Guru Ramesh calls me saying that there was a reading of the Nadi that afternoon. Anxious to known why Agathiyar called me over at such a short notice and on the day of his Jayanthi, I go over to Ramesh’s place. Surprisingly, Agathiyar in the Nadi, tells me to start the prayers at 5 pm, the time I had mistakenly mentioned to my relatives and friends! This was the time of his birth, he said. Agathiyar tells me the Siddhas shall all be in Kallar at that moment. He tells me “the sky” shall open at Kallar during the prayer! 

My relatives and friends and their families joined me in prayer at my home at 5 pm. After the hour-long prayer, my nephew’s wife, Eswari mentions that there was a male voice in our midst singing along with us for some time before it stopped. As it was not a familiar voice, she looked around trying to locate its source. It came from her nephew but he hardly opened his mouth! Tavayogi always tells me the Siddhas are present amongst us during prayers. 

Later I called up Tavayogi to inform him we had successfully conducted the prayers for Agathiyar, when he tells me his prayer too had been delayed and he only started at 2.30 pm instead of 2.00 pm.! 

These miracles made me realize that Siddhas appear in the least expected place and form. They can appear as a simpleton. They come in the form of a Guru. They come in the shape of animals too. They come as strangers. They reveal themselves in the statues that we worship. To a select few they come in the form of Jothi, ball of light, ball of fire and pillar of flame. To a handful, they do come in person too. 

We have seen the workings of the Siddhas and how they have performed miracles to assure devotees of their existence. There is another miracle that takes place every day and that is very, very close to us, which we do not realize. The mystery of BIRTH and the working of the HUMAN BODY! 

Man thinks he is in control of his life. Yes, he has found ways and means to cultivate and farm; speed up the production of crops and livestock; he has learnt to cook deliciously; but all this ends the moment the food is placed into the mouth and chewed. From that, moment man has no control over the food he ingests. Who is in control from this moment forth? A man may plough the fields, sow the seeds, water them and wait for them to grow. He then harvest the crop, mills them and prepares food for the dining table. He takes the food, chews it and swallows it. His effort ends there. What goes on beyond the throat is beyond him.